ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

January 31st

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Post by: twonabomber on January 31, 2006, 06:06:46 AM
    have fun, i'm goin' to bed.

Post by: Lou on January 31, 2006, 08:37:15 AM
    I decided to listen today and actually I thought it was the best I'd ever heard. This is because he's talking about entertainment, not bland politics. He also finally has a guest worth listening to in Johnny Damon. His supporting cast still sucks though.

Post by: Full Bug on January 31, 2006, 09:43:42 AM
    Wow, Lou said something positive about Dave's show, I'm impressed.....

Post by: Full Bug on January 31, 2006, 09:44:43 AM
    It can take years to find the right good supporting cast Lou, give it time.....

Post by: missct99 on January 31, 2006, 09:47:00 AM
    Johnny Damon sounds like a great guy.

The Yankees are gonna rule this year!!

Post by: Mr Walker on January 31, 2006, 09:50:09 AM
    Quote from: missct99
    Johnny Damon sounds like a great guy.

The Yankees are gonna rule this year!!

I heard Johhny Damon is gay with Brian Johnson of AC/DC.
    Any callers ask him about this?

Post by: missct99 on January 31, 2006, 09:51:21 AM

Post by: Lou on January 31, 2006, 10:37:28 AM
    Well, Roth thinks that "Freddy Got Fingered" is a good movie. That shoots down any credibility he has about anything.

Post by: Lou on January 31, 2006, 12:33:58 PM
    Here's Roger Ebert's review of Freddy Got Fingered from 2001. Ebert gave it ZERO stars out of four. My friend saw it with his girlfriend at the time and said it was horrible:

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...104200304/1023

Freddy Got Fingered

BY ROGER EBERT / April 20, 2001

It's been leading up to this all spring. When David Spade got buried in crap in "Joe Dirt," and when three supermodels got buried in crap in "Head Over Heels," and when human organs fell from a hot-air balloon in "Monkeybone" and were eaten by dogs, and when David Arquette rolled around in dog crap and a gangster had his testicles bitten off in "See Spot Run," and when a testicle was eaten in "Tomcats," well, somehow the handwriting was on the wall. There had to be a movie like "Freddy Got Fingered" coming along.

This movie doesn't scrape the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't below the bottom of the barrel. This movie doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with barrels.

Many years ago, when surrealism was new, Luis Bunuel and Salvador Dali made "Un Chien Andalou," a film so shocking that Bunuel filled his pockets with stones to throw at the audience if it attacked him. Green, whose film is in the surrealist tradition, may want to consider the same tactic. The day may come when "Freddy Got Fingered" is seen as a milestone of neo-surrealism. The day may never come when it is seen as funny.

The film is a vomitorium consisting of 93 minutes of Tom Green doing things that a geek in a carnival sideshow would turn down. Six minutes into the film, his character leaps from his car to wag a horse penis. This is, we discover, a framing device--to be matched by a scene late in the film where he sprays his father with elephant semen, straight from the source.

Green plays Gord Brody, a 28-year-old who lives at home with his father (Rip Torn), who despises him, and his mother (Julie Hagerty), who wrings her hands a lot. He lives in a basement room still stocked with his high school stuff, draws cartoons and dreams of becoming an animator. Gord would exhaust a psychiatrist's list of diagnoses. He is unsocialized, hostile, manic and apparently retarded. Retarded? How else to explain a sequence in which a Hollywood animator tells him to "get inside his animals," and he skins a stag and prances around dressed in the coat, covered with blood? His romantic interest is Betty (Marisa Coughlan), who is disabled and dreams of rocket-powered wheelchairs and oral sex. A different kind of sexual behavior enters the life of his brother Freddy, who gets the movie named after him just because, I suppose, Tom Green thought the title was funny. His character also thinks it is funny to falsely accuse his father of molesting Freddy.

Green's sense of humor may not resemble yours. Consider a scene where Gord's best friend busts his knee open while skateboarding. Gord licks the open wound. Then he visits his friend in the hospital. A woman in the next bed goes into labor. Gord rips the baby from her womb and, when it appears to be dead, brings it to life by swinging it around his head by its umbilical cord, spraying the walls with blood. If you wanted that to be a surprise, then I'm sorry I spoiled it for you.

Post by: Mr Walker on January 31, 2006, 12:35:52 PM
    That movie sounds like a riot... now I'd like to see it.
    Thanks Lou and DLR!

Post by: Catfish on January 31, 2006, 12:46:41 PM
    FGF is stupid and HILARIOUS!

Any movie where a huge elephant cums on Rip Torn is an instant classic!

Nice choice, Dave!

Post by: twonabomber on January 31, 2006, 02:14:38 PM
    Quote from: Full Bug
    It can take years to find the right good supporting cast Lou, give it time.....

a caller brought up Dave on Stern's daily wrap-up show yesterday...Baba Booey said it can take 18 months for a radio show to find its audience.

Post by: Wooda on January 31, 2006, 03:26:44 PM
    Quote from: twonabomber
    a caller brought up Dave on Stern's daily wrap-up show yesterday...Baba Booey said it can take 18 months for a radio show to find its audience.
    Not when they are running in opposite directions!

Post by: Lou on January 31, 2006, 03:33:13 PM
    LMMFAO!

Post by: Catfish on January 31, 2006, 03:47:23 PM
    Wooda, shut your fucking trap!

Post by: Catfish on January 31, 2006, 06:33:19 PM
    Quote from: twonabomber

I thought today's show was great.

He may be just a good support staff away from turning the corner.

I like having Animal and B-Young as mainstays...everyone else can go. Keep trying newbies on and off, I say...

Post by: Catfish on January 31, 2006, 06:42:00 PM
    Nice self-slapping joke today when listening to a Paris Hilton song:

"I like it...

this is terrible...

This kid couldn’t carry a tune if it had a handle...

Never slowed me up!"

Post by: Lou on January 31, 2006, 10:02:36 PM
    Quote from: Catfish
    I thought today's show was great.

He may be just a good support staff away from turning the corner.

I like having Animal and B-Young as mainstays...everyone else can go. Keep trying newbies on and off, I say...

Yeah I think Animal sucks. I think he's an unfunny retard, to be perfectly honest.

Post by: High Life Man on February 01, 2006, 11:40:23 AM
    Good show yesterday.

I saw FGF and it cracked me up. The elephant jack-off scene was hilarious. It's a bad movie, but in a good, culty way.

I take it that the chick from Dallas had her shot and is done. Dave was ripping on her.

Post by: NE169 on February 01, 2006, 02:58:30 PM
    I was kinda hoping that Dave would've had Ed Torian on (he's the guy Stern used to conduct lie-detector tests), and have Dave take a test.

That way he could ask Dave whether or not Dave ever thought of calling Omarosa a ****** on Monday when she was a guest!

Powered
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Thread Information