ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

February 1st

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Post by: Hellraiser! on February 01, 2006, 07:27:33 AM
    Have Fun....I´m going to work!!!!

Post by: twonabomber on February 01, 2006, 07:48:20 AM
    interesting so far...

Post by: twonabomber on February 01, 2006, 08:28:52 AM
    mmmmm, Sasha.

Post by: twonabomber on February 01, 2006, 09:03:24 AM
    some discussion of "out of shape" women...i think they're lurking here and using our threads for topics!

Post by: twonabomber on February 01, 2006, 09:12:44 AM
    Brian getting a lot of airtime today.

Post by: High Life Man on February 01, 2006, 11:46:23 AM
    Quote from: twonabomber

He got a lot yesterday too. Ever since he piped up that he uses MySpace.

Post by: Catfish on February 01, 2006, 12:40:59 PM
    Quote from: twonabomber

I've been noticing him chiming in more, too.

Probably encouraged since it looks like he's a full-time member of the staff, now.

Post by: Lou on February 01, 2006, 02:26:47 PM
    Believe it or not, I think DLR's show is getting better. At least what I listened to this week. I only got to listen to 5 minutes of the show today, but I liked what I heard. That is, he was talking VH reunion stuff and what songs would be appropriate if VH played the Super Bowl, and so he starts off with DTNA and Brian starts playing a lick of it.

If he talks entertainment and sports, and gets OFF politics, then I think it's a decent show.

Post by: High Life Man on February 01, 2006, 02:40:22 PM
    Oh hambone just got real happy...the show kicks off with some Kelly Clarkson.

Post by: hambon4lif on February 01, 2006, 02:52:07 PM
    Quote from: High Life Man
    Oh hambone just got real happy...the show kicks off with some Kelly Clarkson.
    The only way I could be happier is if Kelly Clarkson was kicking off some Hambone

I swore I was hearing things. She should be a guest on the show. I betcha in less than a minute Dave will try to talk his way up her skirt.

Post by: Catfish on February 01, 2006, 04:12:13 PM
    I like how Dave today discussed how people don’t bother to learn how to sing—by gigging and practicing and not just by showing up and looking good like Lohan and Simpson.

Post by: Catfish on February 01, 2006, 05:01:42 PM
    Quote from: Lou
    Believe it or not, I think DLR's show is getting better. At least what I listened to this week. I only got to listen to 5 minutes of the show today, but I liked what I heard. That is, he was talking VH reunion stuff and what songs would be appropriate if VH played the Super Bowl, and so he starts off with DTNA and Brian starts playing a lick of it.

If he talks entertainment and sports, and gets OFF politics, then I think it's a decent show.

Today's first hour was really great, talking about singing and American Idol... I tend to agree with Lou here.

Post by: Wooda on February 01, 2006, 05:08:15 PM
    Quote from: Catfish
    Today's first hour was really great, talking about singing and American Idol... I tend to agree with Lou here.
    Yea me 2, this banner 12 post marathon just swayed my opinion!

Post by: hambon4lif on February 01, 2006, 05:09:37 PM
    Quote from: Wooda
    Yea me 2, this banner 12 post marathon just swayed my opinion!
    Yeah, but you're easy! LOL!

Post by: High Life Man on February 01, 2006, 05:12:35 PM
    Quote from: hambon4lif
    I swore I was hearing things. She should be a guest on the show. I betcha in less than a minute Dave will try to talk his way up her skirt.

Would you have to cuntsider her tainted meat then?

Post by: Wooda on February 01, 2006, 05:13:09 PM
    Yeah, but you're easy! LOL!
    Hey dip shit, I am trying to get Lou to jump off the bandwagon back to the darkside, and your not helping!

Post by: Lou on February 01, 2006, 06:37:39 PM
    If it makes you feel any better, his supporting cast is still awful. I don't understand why Catfish thinks Animal is the funniest thing to happen to morning radio. I think he's an unfunny dumb-ass.

Post by: Catfish on February 01, 2006, 06:46:08 PM
    If it makes you feel any better, his supporting cast is still awful. I don't understand why Catfish thinks Animal is the funniest thing to happen to morning radio. I think he's an unfunny dumb-ass.

Now when the fuck did I ever say that? Please show me!

All I ever said was that I liked him and that he added something different to the show. Stop your fucking exaggerating!

Post by: Hellraiser! on February 01, 2006, 07:13:27 PM
    Animal is not the funniest thing to happen to morning radio, but sometimes he´s very funny!!

Post by: Wooda on February 01, 2006, 07:24:57 PM
    Stupid, Catfish loves big black men no matter what they are doing!

Ever since Tokie got the needle he has been searching for a new conjugal visiting pen pal!

Post by: Catfish on February 01, 2006, 07:28:26 PM

Ever since Tokie got the needle he has been searching for a new conjugal visiting pen pal!

Hey fucker! I can count the number of big black men I've fucked on ONE hand!

Post by: Wooda on February 01, 2006, 07:41:37 PM
    Quote from: Catfish
    Hey fucker! I can count the number of big black men I've fucked on ONE hand!
    Well at least it's a low number, or I'd have to call you a HO!

Post by: Seshmeister on February 01, 2006, 07:47:22 PM
    Or did he mean he had fisted 100s of them...

Post by: Wooda on February 01, 2006, 07:53:25 PM
    Quote from: Seshmeister
    Or did he mean he had fisted 100s of them...
    Of course he has fisted hundreds if not thousands searching for Government Surplus Cheese and Free Wax Lips!

Post by: damngoodtimes on February 01, 2006, 11:26:09 PM
    the Idol stuff was grate.

glad BYoung mentioned the fact that Paula has never once sang on that damn show. Dave responds with the famous "those who can't do..." line.

I'm so thrilled to see Lou coming around. LMAO. I understand your point on topics, but Dave on sports can be spotty. He seems to dig NASCAR, but his very thin knowledge of baseball was evident when he talked to Damon.

I'm only on hour 1, but I've laughed out loud a couple times already.

I think BYoung, Hutch and Animal have had bigger roles after that chick from Dallas didn't work out on Monday. He made some comment about her bombing out on Tuesday's show.

Post by: damngoodtimes on February 01, 2006, 11:26:49 PM
    anyone else catch the comment about the country song (cover?) he said he'll have coming up in a few months? Said he couldn't comment on it further.

Post by: hambon4lif on February 01, 2006, 11:30:42 PM
    Quote from: damngoodtimes
    anyone else catch the comment about the country song (cover?) he said he'll have coming up in a few months? Said he couldn't comment on it further.
    It's the VH bluegrass tribute disc, there was a story on it here about a month ago. I think he's singing bluegrass versions of "Jamie's Cryin'" and "Hot For Teacher".

Post by: damngoodtimes on February 01, 2006, 11:34:34 PM
    if there's already publicity on it, why couldn't he say anything?

plus, didn't that blurb for the tribute disc just say "members of David Lee Roth"... meaning Kilgore or Little Elvis or somebody?

Post by: Von Halen on February 01, 2006, 11:34:52 PM

One of the Sirius DJ's said what it was the other day, but I don't remember what they said.

Post by: SpanishFly Guy on February 01, 2006, 11:38:34 PM

Lou, next time that DLR is in town, I will personally buy your ticket if you tell him that to his face. And YES, that can be arranged. Better hope that he smokes a little weed before you get there though.

Post by: SpanishFly Guy on February 01, 2006, 11:39:48 PM

dude, he looks like TuPac and Eminem had a baby for Christ Sakes

Post by: TwoFoolsAMinute on February 01, 2006, 11:49:57 PM

Alright, that's better.

Post by: hambon4lif on February 02, 2006, 12:06:36 AM
    Quote from: TwoFoolsAMinute
    Alright, that's better.
    AWRITE!!! TwoFools is back!!!

Post by: TwoFoolsAMinute on February 02, 2006, 12:17:56 AM
    Maybe, temporarily. I might have to give it up altogether soon.

Post by: Lou on February 02, 2006, 12:37:46 AM
    AWRITE!!! TwoFools is back!!!

He never really left

Post by: Seshmeister on February 02, 2006, 05:46:37 AM
    Good show today part from the last 10 minutes when Roth yet again humiliated himslef by showing a million listeners he has no clue about world politics prefering to shout down callers, bully his team and talk utter shit. The last caller had a totally reasoned point about afghanistan and as usual we get the world according to Roth. Roth never ever goes back to a caller about Iraq because even he must know his arguments have huge holes in them so that anyone could own him immediately.

Anyone else's heart sink when you hear him playing the arab music?

Post by: Lou on February 02, 2006, 09:09:14 AM
    Good show today part from the last 10 minutes when Roth yet again humiliated himslef by showing a million listeners he has no clue about world politics prefering to shout down callers, bully his team and talk utter shit. The last caller had a totally reasoned point about afghanistan and as usual we get the world according to Roth. Roth never ever goes back to a caller about Iraq because even he must know his arguments have huge holes in them so that anyone could own him immediately.

How dare you criticize DLR!

Post by: High Life Man on February 02, 2006, 02:10:13 PM
    How did that 'willerby' line go?

Post by: Catfish on February 02, 2006, 02:23:10 PM
    Quote from: Von Halen
    One of the Sirius DJ's said what it was the other day, but I don't remember what they said.

If that DJ had mentioned Sammy Hagar news, Von would have pulled over and grabbed a pen and paper!

Post by: Wooda on February 02, 2006, 02:28:06 PM

Not in my store you don't!

Post by: High Life Man on February 02, 2006, 02:37:29 PM
    I like he's talking reunion...they would be a great half-time show.

Post by: NE169 on February 02, 2006, 03:16:19 PM
    Great--just when I thought the annual VH-reunion-during-halftime-at-the-Super-Bowl threads were finally over with!! :lou

Post by: Seshmeister on February 02, 2006, 08:01:18 PM
    I know this is the 6th year in a row I've seen that thread.

This is the first where Roth was saying he wanted to do it though.

This is the cool thing about Roth on the radio!

Post by: Lou on February 02, 2006, 08:51:35 PM
    Since you hate it Sesh, maybe I'll send them a comment asking for DLR to talk nothing but Iraq, and why we're justified in being there.

Post by: TwoFoolsAMinute on February 02, 2006, 10:53:37 PM
    He never really left

Nah...just took a break.

Post by: damngoodtimes on February 03, 2006, 12:46:05 AM
    Sesh, you know that part must've been Lou's favorite part!! Well, it was mine, too.

Dave certainly knows a little about a lot, but this was actually one of his better points.

I've always thought that the Bush administration's biggest problem wasn't going into Iraq, but how they sold it. I'm shocked to say this, but Dave is the first public figure I've heard who actually nailed it on the head...

Saddam was a parole violator!!

The guy raped, pilaged, and used WMD's on his own people. He was given a probationary sentence in 1991. We had every justification going in there to remove him the very moment he kicked out the weapons inspectors back in 1998. Clinton should've gone in right then and there.

This was always the #1 justification for the Iraq action. The 9/11 attacks simply underscored the urgency of reassessing these threats and taking the offensive instead of sitting around waiting and hoping.

I think Bush's advisors didn't want to spin it this way because of the perception that he was just finishing Daddy's work. They were absolutely convinced (just like everybody else) that they would find the WMD's when they got there, so they never worried about publicly selling the case only on a current WMD threat.

(I realize the difference here is actually fairly subtle. It's the difference between a) he has a history of using WMD's and we can no longer monitor his activities as per the parole terms, therefore we have to conclude that he currently has WMD's, and b) he has fuckin' WMD's and is going to use them on us SOON!! Of course, b is the sexier approach.)

I have always found the contrarian hindsight argument that "Bush lied to us" to be completely silly. OF COURSE, the administration believed that "b" was true. All of the intelligence indicated this. If they thought the weapons might not be there, why on earth would they sell it this way? Just so they could deal with these assholes after the fact? I don't think so.

It's also a lovely hindsight view to say that the no-fly zone and sanctions were working perfectly and were all we would ever need. When Russia, Germany and France were already dealing with him, it's hard to really say they were ironclad sanctions.

Could we perhaps have kept a larger presence in Afghanistan? Sure. And wouldn't that have been much easier if those three countries had chipped in to the Iraq effort rather than dealing with the opposition?

Listen, Dave is generally a pretty liberal fellow, so I don't often find myself agreeing with him politically. But as Dave is fond of saying, "I disagree with every word you said, but I like the way you said it."

Post by: Lou on February 03, 2006, 02:40:32 PM
    Actually I don't really care what Dave's views are. If his views were 100% conservative you know what, the show would still suck, because in my opinion he's not qualified to give talks to a mass audience about politics.

So anyway, I was only hoping he'd talk about Iraq not because I'd enjoy it, but simply because it bothers Sesh.

Post by: damngoodtimes on February 03, 2006, 08:43:12 PM
    he's out of his depth on a bunch of topics. the result of that can range from endearing to embarrasing; it all depends on how he spins it. on a few occasions, he has been good enough to reconsider or open the floor to other opinions.

I think that's his biggest challenge, striking the balance between letting other people talk while not losing the edge of the Dave persona (which is all-ego, rockstar shine). sometimes its fun to listen to him just take over and shut someone down, but he has to be careful to not overdo it.

I think he's aiming for the sitting around the campfire talk format. And that talk will range from politics to Page 6 stuff to music to whatever. Dave's persona around that campfire can be very engaging, regardless of whether you agree with him or not.

already in a month, he seems to be getting better at striking that balance. but it's a work in progress.

I know that I'd invite Dave to sit around my campfire and bullshit. So, I'm enjoying the show. The key will be for a broader audience to enjoy it as well. Time will tell.

Post by: Seshmeister on February 03, 2006, 10:56:48 PM
    Yup you are totally correct.

The problem is that when he says that he got humble from doing his martial arts shit it just kind of makes you wonder how bad he was before...

Maybe I notice it more because I listen to a lot of BBC talk radio which is so even handed it's almost ridiculous sometimes. "I can see your point about blowing people up but is there not a downside to that?"

That said in courtroom drama terms with Roth you would be shouting "Objection! Leading the witness!" constantly. So many questions start with "Do you not think that...". The guy from ABC today was like "no I don't agree" 10 times in a row which made for awkward radio.

Callers and his gang always sucumb to the cult of personality at that point which is a shame.

This week seemed to be about the station giving him various possible female sidekicks and him testing them on whether they agreed with him at 6am. What he actually needs is someone that's going to disagree and challenge him.

Maybe his sister would have been the best option, or me or you...

I listened to Stern yesterday for a couple of hours and it's not really my bag either. He sounds like he's just selling shit half the time, a quarter is shit sketches and the remaining 25% is about someone sticking their fist into some strippers cunt.

It has some shock value but get's boring pretty quick.

Roths thing is not the finished article but fuck it's only throwaway radio, maybe we analyse it too much.

Cheers!

Post by: damngoodtimes on February 04, 2006, 09:33:00 AM
    I never thought about applying for the gig, but you might be onto something.

but, seriously, I am so tired of the Stern-clone or "Morning Zoo" radio format that Dave's campfire approach is very refreshing. It's going to be entertaining to a guy like me; I just hope he settles into a middle ground where people will keep listening.

even though Dave has some knowledge gaps (none worse, IMO, than his lack of baseball knowledge during the Damon interview), his format is inherently more intelligent than LCD shit like Stern.

Post by: Wooda on February 04, 2006, 09:43:54 AM
    I never thought about applying for the gig, but you might be onto something.

but, seriously, I am so tired of the Stern-clone or "Morning Zoo" radio format that Dave's campfire approach is very refreshing. It's going to be entertaining to a guy like me; I just hope he settles into a middle ground where people will keep listening.

even though Dave has some knowledge gaps (none worse, IMO, than his lack of baseball knowledge during the Damon interview), his format is inherently more intelligent than LCD shit like Stern.
    Hey thanks for the assist on this one!

What do you call a US male, that doesn't understand Baseball?

Post by: DiverDowninKy on February 04, 2006, 09:49:15 AM

Fag...

Post by: damngoodtimes on February 04, 2006, 10:49:53 AM

what do you call a US male that is obsessed with the sexual orientation of some rockstar?

Post by: STROKE on February 04, 2006, 11:06:44 AM
    Who's the cheerleader DiverDowninKy?

Post by: DiverDowninKy on February 04, 2006, 11:15:04 AM
    Quote from: STROKE
    Who's the cheerleader DiverDowninKy?

Alison List...It's from the 05-06 UK hockey team's poster/schedule. They do one every year.

UK Hockey (http://www.ukhockey.com/posters.html)

Post by: Wooda on February 04, 2006, 03:15:13 PM
    what do you call a US male that is obsessed with the sexual orientation of some rockstar?
    Von Halen!

Post by: NE169 on February 04, 2006, 06:48:51 PM
    I listened to Stern yesterday for a couple of hours and it's not really my bag either. He sounds like he's just selling shit half the time, a quarter is shit sketches and the remaining 25% is about someone sticking their fist into some strippers cunt.

It has some shock value but get's boring pretty quick.
    yeah, DGT made some DG points!!

As for Stern, I'm still waiting after a month for him to get off the Sirius shill, the FCC tirades, re-living the past in the form of remaking so many bits etc. Move forward already!!

That's probably the best thing about http://marksfriggin.com these days--now I can check that out before deciding to waste loads of time listening to him.

His "No more bullshit" slogan seems to have morphed into "No
    , MORE bullshit!!"

P
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Thread Information