St. Vincent has created a guitar in collaboration with Ernie Ball that is designed to fit a woman's body.

As Co.Exist reports, unlike many other signature models that use already established guitar shapes, the St. Vincent model was designed from scratch and has an aesthetic that merges 1980s German synth-pop aesthetics with American muscle car colors.

Writing on Instagram about the motivation behind the guitar's unique form, St. Vincent (real name Annie Clark) stated:

"I wanted to design a tool that would be ergonomic, lightweight, and sleek. There is room for a breast. Or two."

Speaking with Guitar World, she noted that, while she is a fan of classic electric guitars like Fender Strats and Gibson Les Pauls, she finds them difficult to play because of their weight: "I would need to travel with a chiropractor on tour in order to play those guitars."

"It's not that those aren't great guitars, but they render themselves impractical and unfunctional for a person like me because of their weight."

Says Ernie Ball CEO Sterling Ball:

"The design challenges were to keep the integrity of her original design while making sure that it stayed light and balanced while playing and that the shape of the guitar fit her form. For example, her model features a lower cutaway to perfectly fit the guitar to her body and her unique playing style."

Credit to St. Vincent, she's designed a fine looking guitar. We dig the angular body, and the '50s meets '80s style feels retro and modern at the same time.