ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

February 8th

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:47 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,614 Posts

Post by:Hellraiser! on February 08, 2006, 06:55:06 AM
    This is not a Daily Listening Thread, It´s a panic room...

Post by:Kristen on February 08, 2006, 07:42:53 AM
    That would make me Jodie Foster...

Yikes. This one is very boring so far, but it doesn't help that I'm streaming it live and have to sit through all the commercials plus buffering delays.

Even still, I'm going to bed. I don't think this "Grammy Talk" show is going to be entertaining enough to stay awake for. (Hey, Dave said it first...)

Now where are those damned bearer bonds? (And Forest Whittaker, for that matter.)

Post by:Wooda on February 08, 2006, 08:24:05 AM
    Quote from: Kristen
    That would make me Jodie Foster...

Yikes. This one is very boring so far, but it doesn't help that I'm streaming it live and have to sit through all the commercials plus buffering delays.

Even still, I'm going to bed. I don't think this "Grammy Talk" show is going to be entertaining enough to stay awake for. (Hey, Dave said it first...)

Now where are those damned bearer bonds? (And Forest Whittaker, for that matter.)
    I forgot my MP3 player this morning, so I decided to listen to perhaps find something positive to say, and maybe keep the Wooda bashing eat a bag of DLR shit if he would sell it, hypocrites from spamming the forum with crap for a day?

But sadly that will not be the case;

What I heard was the same naked steaming joke I have heard over & over since 1978, Then I got to hear the same R Kelly joke that he has told a billion times since Jan 3rd, 06, which goes into some of the worst parody song crap with Dave whining like someone taking their first shit after hemorrhoids surgery.

Then if that wasn't enough the Mother of all career killers. Bagging on the work of other artists. It Killed the career of Quiet Riot, it for a period of time killed the career of Motley Crue and got Vince booted, and it does nothing but alienate people who may be a fan of both DLR and that other artist.

It really broke my heart to hear a guy like Brian Young getting in on the action? What will he gain from it? He can't retire of his salary, and bands won't be breaking down his door for his mediocre playing especially if they think he is a media risk (Bad Mouthing), and DLR? What has he done that is remotely entertaining since ALAE?

Then he totally destroys the whole show for his guest from the Jamaican bobsledding team, by telling their whole history instead of letting the guy tell his own story, but at least DLR warned me with that story that his guest would be extremely boring and not worth a listen anyway, thanks for that DLR!

And then he did for me the unthinkable, he basically said that Audioslave was over produced crap, and that Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails had a great voice, is totally original and leading edge and deserves the Grammy tonight? Holy Shit, I am no Audioslave fan, but what they are doing is original, whereas Nine In Nails has done nothing but put crummy lyrics over stolen Depeche Mode songs for the last 10 years.

At that point I could not bare to listen to him any longer.

Now for any of you die hard fans that will take exception to this, I am sorry but this is MY OPINION. With the crap music he has written and released since 1986 he has no room to pass judgement on anyone for their music.

Have you ever heard Alex, Ed or Mike say a band or their music is crap? Ed might say someone borrowed his licks, but he never says something is crap.

DLR is doing nothing more than attempting to save his fat paycheck by stooping to the level of stealing the Stern show format, and if none of you knew who he was, you would not be listening.

But none of this means anything when compared to CVH!

Title: HOW big is Animal? Does this come from Dave's OWN collection?
    Post by:Kristen on February 08, 2006, 09:01:47 AM
    Quote from: Wooda
    "...whining like someone taking their first shit after hemorrhoids surgery."

OMFG - that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. Thanks for a good laugh, Wooda.

I must say that I agree with a lot of what you said. Yesterday, Dave said that it was important to be critical of artists, entertainers, etc. (totally paraphrasing here) and I agree with him - to a certain extent. But there comes a point where you're just ripping someone to shreds in an attempt, seemingly, to glorify yourself (or to be funny, which it AIN'T), as if you're reminding everyone how musically superior you are. A truly great artist doesn't have to stoop - the work speaks for itself. And Dave's work HAS spoken for itself. In the PAST.

I also agree with you about the lame jokes. (You'll notice that HE is the one laughing loudest and longest at his own comments, something I find very odd. Shouldn't he just also include a live drummer in the studio, who can hit the "chick-a-boom" at the end of every "punchline" so everyone ELSE knows when to laugh?) Jesus, how many times can his IQ drop 14 points? Is he now wearing one of those helmets with a chin strap? How steamy (and how naked!) ARE my eyeballs at this point? How many chicklets have been stretched to the moon? (What the FUCK does THAT mean, anyway?) And how many missiles have been launched into YOUR Wheaties/Cheerios/Cocoa Puffs? Enough to put General Mills out of business, I would wager. Godfreeze, get some new material - I implore you.

ON TOP OF THAT, as a woman, I am starting to feel a little bit alienated. I'm sure it's fun for the guys to listen to Dave talk about his conquests and sexual adventures, but I'm getting REALLY sick of hearing about how many babes he's bagged over the years. We get it Dave - you're a horn dog with sexual prowess heretofore unknown to human kind. We understand all too well that you have mastered the fine art of fucking, and have put in a significant amount of time and energy honing your skills. We GET that. (Well, I don't. And WON'T. But that's another story entirely - see "Fatty" thread...) This is especially troublesome in light of the disrespectful way he has spoken of at least one of his past "receptacles". I was very disappointed.

The show has been very entertaining at times, and I have enjoyed a great deal of it, don't get me wrong. For instance, I particularly enjoy Elizabeth Hayt and hope she visits more often. But Dave left to his own devices is starting to wear very thin.

I think we should be patient and let him find his "radio legs". But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he does this with great speed. You can only laugh at your own joke so many times...

Post by:Rjohn10538 on February 08, 2006, 09:05:59 AM
    I forgot my MP3 player this morning, so I decided to listen to perhaps find something positive to say, and maybe keep the Wooda bashing eat a bag of DLR shit if he would sell it, hypocrites from spamming the forum with crap for a day?

But sadly that will not be the case;

What I heard was the same naked steaming joke I have heard over & over since 1978, Then I got to hear the same R Kelly joke that he has told a billion times since Jan 3rd, 06, which goes into some of the worst parody song crap with Dave whining like someone taking their first shit after hemorrhoids surgery.

Then if that wasn't enough the Mother of all career killers. Bagging on the work of other artists. It Killed the career of Quiet Riot, it for a period of time killed the career of Motley Crue and got Vince booted, and it does nothing but alienate people who may be a fan of both DLR and that other artist.

It really broke my heart to hear a guy like Brian Young getting in on the action? What will he gain from it? He can't retire of his salary, and bands won't be breaking down his door for his mediocre playing especially if they think he is a media risk (Bad Mouthing), and DLR? What has he done that is remotely entertaining since ALAE?

Then he totally destroys the whole show for his guest from the Jamaican bobsledding team, by telling their whole history instead of letting the guy tell his own story, but at least DLR warned me with that story that his guest would be extremely boring and not worth a listen anyway, thanks for that DLR!

And then he did for me the unthinkable, he basically said that Audioslave was over produced crap, and that Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails had a great voice, is totally original and leading edge and deserves the Grammy tonight? Holy Shit, I am no Audioslave fan, but what they are doing is original, whereas Nine In Nails has done nothing but put crummy lyrics over stolen Depeche Mode songs for the last 10 years.

Now for any of you die hard fans that will take exception to this, I am sorry but this is MY OPINION. With the crap music he has written and released since 1986 he has no room to pass judgement on anyone for their music.

Have you ever heard Alex, Ed or Mike say a band or their music is crap? Ed might say someone borrowed his licks, but he never says something is crap.

DLR is doing nothing more than attempting to save his fat paycheck by stooping to the level of stealing the Stern show format, and if none of you knew who he was, you would not be listening.

Wooda, you are right on again. I tried to give it a listen once again today. When he was bashing Queens of the Stone age (which I don't like the song) all I could think about was some of the crap he has put out.

I thought the Jamaican bobsled thing could be fun, but I guess I was wrong. Back to sports radio and hockey gambling.

Post by:Wooda on February 08, 2006, 09:17:27 AM
    Now that a couple of people have chimed in, I am going to nip this in the bud for our more sensitive viewers. I mean the ones who can barely rest their chins on the kitchen table to see whats for supper.

None of this should be taking out of context. I love DLR the frontman of VH! That was DA BOMB! Then he moved on and I did enjoy Eat Em And Smile! I thought he 100% captured the energy of VH! But that DLR is gone, it's a whole new guy just trying to make a living like everyone else. Did he sell out? In my opinion he did that and a while lot more, but all of us would do the same thing for that kind of money.

So lets all agree that some of us like the show, Some don't. Some like it some of the time , and still others don't. But let's keep the comments in check. No personal attacks on DLR or each other.

Post by:clag515 on February 08, 2006, 09:20:08 AM
    Now that a couple of people have chimed in, I am going to nip this in the bud for our more sensitive viewers. I mean the ones who can barely rest their chins on the kitchen table to see whats for supper.

None of this should be taking out of context. I love DLR the frontman of VH! That was DA BOMB! Then he moved on and I did enjoy Eat Em And Smile! I thought he 100% captured the energy of VH! But that DLR is gone, it's a whole new guy just trying to make a living like everyone else. Did he sell out? In my opinion he did that and a while lot more, but all of us would do the same thing for that kind of money.

So lets all agree that some of us like the show, Some don't. Some like it some of the time , and still others don't. But let's keep the comments in check. No personal attacks on DLR or each other.

How's that gonna happen. There are some on this site that live for that an nothing else.

Post by:Wooda on February 08, 2006, 09:21:52 AM
    Quote from: clag515
    How's that gonna happen. There are some on this site that live for that an nothing else.
    Please do not stir the pot! I am also one of those people who loves to play point & counter point, but let's at least keep the daily listening thread free and clear. All the pollutants are killing our pet guppy!

Post by:Strung on February 08, 2006, 09:23:12 AM
    Quote from: clag515

Yeah!

Eat shit clag!

Post by:clag515 on February 08, 2006, 09:24:16 AM
    Quote from: Strung
    Yeah!

Eat shit clag!

See, here comes on right now.

Post by:clag515 on February 08, 2006, 09:25:16 AM
    Please do not stir the pot! I am also one of those people who loves to play point & counter point, but let's at least keep the daily listening thread free and clear. All the pollutants are killing our pet guppy!

How is that stiring the pot? I'm just pointing out the obvious. But I will respect your request and not berate anyone in the daily listening thread.

Post by:Strung on February 08, 2006, 09:25:20 AM

I agree.

Post by:Mr Walker on February 08, 2006, 09:38:39 AM
    I forgot my MP3 player this morning,

I bet the next time that happens, you'll turn around and go back home to get it.

Post by:Wooda on February 08, 2006, 09:44:29 AM
    Quote from: Mr Walker
    I bet the next time that happens, you'll turn around and go back home to get it.
    If you don't have anything nice to say, then this ain't the thread for you:spin:

Post by:Strung on February 08, 2006, 09:47:04 AM
    You know I like Daves show for the most part. He is right, music sucks these days! I think I may hurl!!!

Post by:Seshmeister on February 08, 2006, 09:51:41 AM
    I cunt wait to hear Dave's show today where he loses his essential demographic of fat wannabe groupies and bitter guys who think they should have made it in the late 80s.:spin:

Post by:Mr Walker on February 08, 2006, 09:52:46 AM
    Quote from: Seshmeister
    I cunt wait to hear Dave's show today where he loses his essential demographic of fat wannabe groupies

That was a shitty thing to say.
    You should apologize.

Post by:Strung on February 08, 2006, 09:54:01 AM
    You should apologize.

You should take that back Sesh!

Post by:Wooda on February 08, 2006, 09:56:20 AM
    You should apologize.
    Sesh has every right to say that, whereas some others don't.

Post by:Strung on February 08, 2006, 10:00:42 AM
    Sesh has every right to say that, whereas some others don't.

I like Daves show and I am not fat or angry that I didn't make it in the 80S

Post by:Seshmeister on February 08, 2006, 10:02:12 AM
    You see proof positive!

Post by:Wooda on February 08, 2006, 10:06:00 AM
    I like Daves show and I am not fat or angry that I didn't make it in the 80S
    I don't like Daves show, I am not fat or angry, and I didn't even try to make it in the 80's?

Post by:Strung on February 08, 2006, 11:36:45 AM
    I don't like Daves show, I am not fat or angry, and I didn't even try to make it in the 80's?

Hell at least it is an outlet for him that does not remind us of the fact that he is an ageing rock star from a washed up point in history.

Post by:Wooda on February 08, 2006, 12:06:02 PM
    Hell at least it is an outlet for him that does not remind us of the fact that he is an ageing rock star from a washed up point in history.
    Speak for yourself, that's all I think of when I hear him, just like Van Halen should have changed their name, so should Dave

Post by:Strung on February 08, 2006, 12:51:25 PM
    Speak for yourself, that's all I think of when I hear him, just like Van Halen should have changed their name, so should Dave

LOL, point taken.

Post by:Hellraiser! on February 08, 2006, 01:23:10 PM
    You know I like Daves show for the most part. He is right, music sucks these days! I think I may hurl!!!

Music sucks therese days, except The Darkness!

Post by:Strung on February 08, 2006, 02:12:12 PM
    Quote from: Hellraiser!
    Music sucks therese days, except The Darkness!

So I hear. I am giving them another chance to WOW me bro.

Post by:Lou on February 08, 2006, 02:20:54 PM

Oh yeah that'll happen.

Post by:Wooda on February 08, 2006, 02:21:39 PM
    Quote from: Lou
    Oh yeah that'll happen.
    It just did!

Post by:Mambo Slammer Casalad on February 08, 2006, 05:00:48 PM
    Kerrang! conducted an interview with Dave back in '88 where they asked him his thoughts on some peers and other popular musicians at the time. It was very similar commentary to what he has done on his radio show the last couple of days. He interrupted the interviewer (maybe Mick Wall or Howard Johnson?) and said something about how they should stop because people will think that he doesn't have anything good to say about anyone! I know I have this somewhere...I should post it in the appropraite thread. A very good read! Yays or nays?

Post by:hambon4lif on February 08, 2006, 05:09:40 PM
    Quote from: Mambo Slammer Casalad
    Kerrang! conducted an interview with Dave back in '88 where they asked him his thoughts on some peers and other popular musicians at the time. It was very similar commentary to what he has done on his radio show the last couple of days. He interrupted the interviewer (maybe Mick Wall or Howard Johnson?) and said something about how they should stop because people will think that he doesn't have anything good to say about anyone! I know I have this somewhere...I should post it in the appropraite thread. A very good read! Yays or nays?
    I do remember reading that one. It is a good read, you should put it up.

Post by:Von Halen on February 08, 2006, 05:42:35 PM
    I love DLR the frontman of VH!

I do too!

Then he moved on and I did enjoy Eat Em And Smile!

I didn't.

I thought he 100% captured the energy of VH!

Too bad he didn't capture the talent, magic and chemistry of VH!

Post by:Von Halen on February 08, 2006, 05:43:42 PM
    I cunt wait to hear Dave's show today where he loses his essential demographic of fat wannabe groupies and bitter guys who think they should have made it in the late 80s.:spin:

Now that was fuckin' funny.

Post by:Seshmeister on February 09, 2006, 12:33:46 AM

Wow!

OK I've now heard the show and I was expecting all sorts of shit and I'm sadly disapppointed.

The chat I heard was far fucking less extreme than I get everytime my pals and I sit around chatting about music.

Fuck I wish I had disagreed less with Roth so I don't sound like a StarFuckerTard but I agreed with most of what he said.

But that's not the point. What I absolutely agree with is his right to say it. Fucking hell you want Roth to play sucky sucky you are so wonderful with other musicians why exactly?

Ok maybe he should give songs a bit longer than 16 bars but wtf most times he was on the ball. Best Male Vocal Performance? Gimme a break?

Secondly music is obviously 90% subjective. Roth isn't allowed his subjectivity why exactly? Because even by your estimation of 1978-1986 he did the best stuff for 5 albums longer than any artist these days? The great hope here was Franz Ferdinand and they are struggling on their second album.

Thirdly Roth owes nothing to noone if you forgive the double negative.

There is a quiz show here called 'Never mind the Buzzcocks' where there is a presenter and 6 folk from various bands each week. A couple of months ago there was a question relating to Roth hurting himself with his spinning baton routine and they showed the JLP video. He got the living shit ripped out of him on prime time here for 10 minutes by all of them. This has been a common theme since 1980. I don't know where the hell you got that honor amongst thieves BS. Musicians are the second only to models in their fucking bitchiness which leads us onto Brian Young. Wooda you are a much better guitarist than I was at my best never mind now but this is bullshit. Mediocre? This reminds me of the old school shit I'm sure you did and I know I did. Hey I was better than maybe 40% of the 80's Guitarists that got signed and after hearing you even now you were better than 80%. We woukd stand there in the audience with our arms crossed with some girl who wanted to see Def Leppard or Poison. Next week you are on stage looking at some Yngwie guy doing the exact same to you. That was kind of sad as an argument then but now it's ludicrous. You make your choices in life and I would hope that if I had kept with it then I would be at least as good as BY by now but I didn't but to call him mediocre compared to todays musicians strikes me as stupid sour grapes.

You want him to suck cock on the off chance he gets a gig as the rhythm guitarist in the Foo Fighters?

What is mediocre is the quality of most of the music these days. Of course when you are young music has so much more resonance for you and forms a soundtrack to the best days of your life but even taking a big fucking step back from that it is undeniable that even objectively there is a complete lack of any depth musically in 99% of the music these days and Roth saying as much is not just correct but also good radio.

Cheers!

Post by:Lou on February 09, 2006, 12:34:45 AM
    Are you drunk again?

Post by:Seshmeister on February 09, 2006, 12:37:24 AM
    My last post could do with some extra punctuation but fuck it I'm going to bed...

Post by:Seshmeister on February 09, 2006, 12:38:09 AM
    Quote from: Lou
    Are you drunk again?

What makes you think that?

Post by:Lou on February 09, 2006, 12:40:55 AM
    Just a hunch.

Post by:Von Halen on February 09, 2006, 12:47:48 AM
    LMFAO!

Lou, are you saying Sesh writes his best tirades when he's drunk?

Post by:Seshmeister on February 09, 2006, 12:54:41 AM
    I just wrote an email to a problem customer that ended

Cheers!

Trying to work out how to unsend that...

Post by:Seshmeister on February 09, 2006, 01:00:51 AM
    Quote from: Von Halen
    LMFAO!

Lou, are you saying Sesh writes his best tirades when he's drunk?

Ok hands up I've just finished a 2 day detox and I jumped back on the wagon.

I know you and Wooda are holier than thou about this but 9 times out of ten I wake up in the morning and come to the site and think 'Hey what a great post!'

I'm 100% sure you guys would still drink too if you could do that...

Post by:Von Halen on February 09, 2006, 01:06:16 AM
    Ok hands up I've just finished a 2 day detox and I jumped back on the wagon.

I know you and Wooda are holier than thou about this but 9 times out of ten I wake up in the morning and come to the site and think 'Hey what a great post!'

I'm 100% sure you guys would still drink too if you could do that...

Hey, I'm not holier than thou about anything!

And I still wouldn't drink even if it did help me write great posts. I prefer a drug that doesn't make me feel like shit the next day!

Post by:Wooda on February 09, 2006, 08:18:47 AM
    Wow!

OK I've now heard the show and I was expecting all sorts of shit and I'm sadly disapppointed.

The chat I heard was far fucking less extreme than I get everytime my pals and I sit around chatting about music.

Fuck I wish I had disagreed less with Roth so I don't sound like a StarFuckerTard but I agreed with most of what he said.

But that's not the point. What I absolutely agree with is his right to say it. Fucking hell you want Roth to play sucky sucky you are so wonderful with other musicians why exactly?

Ok maybe he should give songs a bit longer than 16 bars but wtf most times he was on the ball. Best Male Vocal Performance? Gimme a break?

Secondly music is obviously 90% subjective. Roth isn't allowed his subjectivity why exactly? Because even by your estimation of 1978-1986 he did the best stuff for 5 albums longer than any artist these days? The great hope here was Franz Ferdinand and they are struggling on their second album.

Thirdly Roth owes nothing to noone if you forgive the double negative.

There is a quiz show here called 'Never mind the Buzzcocks' where there is a presenter and 6 folk from various bands each week. A couple of months ago there was a question relating to Roth hurting himself with his spinning baton routine and they showed the JLP video. He got the living shit ripped out of him on prime time here for 10 minutes by all of them. This has been a common theme since 1980. I don't know where the hell you got that honor amongst thieves BS. Musicians are the second only to models in their fucking bitchiness which leads us onto Brian Young. Wooda you are a much better guitarist than I was at my best never mind now but this is bullshit. Mediocre? This reminds me of the old school shit I'm sure you did and I know I did. Hey I was better than maybe 40% of the 80's Guitarists that got signed and after hearing you even now you were better than 80%. We woukd stand there in the audience with our arms crossed with some girl who wanted to see Def Leppard or Poison. Next week you are on stage looking at some Yngwie guy doing the exact same to you. That was kind of sad as an argument then but now it's ludicrous. You make your choices in life and I would hope that if I had kept with it then I would be at least as good as BY by now but I didn't but to call him mediocre compared to todays musicians strikes me as stupid sour grapes.

You want him to suck cock on the off chance he gets a gig as the rhythm guitarist in the Foo Fighters?

What is mediocre is the quality of most of the music these days. Of course when you are young music has so much more resonance for you and forms a soundtrack to the best days of your life but even taking a big fucking step back from that it is undeniable that even objectively there is a complete lack of any depth musically in 99% of the music these days and Roth saying as much is not just correct but also good radio.

Cheers!

I really tried so hard to find the point in all of this, I mean it's obvious that it meant something to you seeing that you must have spent 10 or 15 minutes on it?

But even after 2 or 3 reads, all I can string together is StarFuckerTard

Post by:Von Halen on February 09, 2006, 08:45:18 AM
    I really tried so hard to find the point in all of this, I mean it's obvious that it meant something to you seeing that you must have spent 10 or 15 minutes on it?

Dude, it makes much more sense than it would have on the phone!

Post by:Seshmeister on February 09, 2006, 09:15:51 AM

But even after 2 or 3 reads, all I can string together is StarFuckerTard

Makes perfect sense to me...

Post by:Von Halen on February 09, 2006, 09:55:06 AM
    Makes perfect sense to me...

Me too!

Post by:SpanishFly Guy on February 09, 2006, 10:56:46 AM
    Quote from: Von Halen
    Hey, I'm not holier than thou about anything!

And I still wouldn't drink even if it did help me write great posts. I prefer a drug that doesn't make me feel like shit the next day!

or some hashed laced weed in AC?

Po
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Thread Information