ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

February 9th

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:08 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,614 Posts

Post by:Hellraiser! on February 09, 2006, 06:54:06 AM
    Enjoy the show...and discuss!

Post by:Lou on February 09, 2006, 09:16:07 AM
    He was pretty good around the 7 AM hour talking about the Grammy's and music in general. Now he's talking about the Middle East and fuel alternatives, which is pretty boring.

He also threw in a comment about Reaganomics somehow destroying music, with no explanation to what the hell he meant

Post by:Rjohn10538 on February 09, 2006, 09:16:51 AM
    Hambone must be beside himself. Dave cuttin' on his girl Kelly.

Post by:hambon4lif on February 09, 2006, 09:41:37 AM
    Quote from: Rjohn10538
    Hambone must be beside himself. Dave cuttin' on his girl Kelly.
    He's walking the line with me right now, especially after yesterdays bullshit where he called Jim Dandy "the bum in Black Oak Arkansas". It's like uhhh....dude, your birthright?
    Now he's gotta burn on Kelly?

These last couple of days, Daves been sounding like a real dickhead!

Clean it up Roth!

Post by:Lou on February 09, 2006, 09:48:50 AM
    The funny thing is that essentially, everyone in the world is a dickhead in your opinion, except you.

Post by:Mr Walker on February 09, 2006, 09:52:42 AM
    Quote from: hambon4lif
    He's walking the line with me right now, especially after yesterdays bullshit where he called Jim Dandy "the bum in Black Oak Arkansas". It's like uhhh....dude, your birthright?

Clean it up Roth!

The bum in Black Oak Arkansas?

Fuck Dave!

Post by:Rjohn10538 on February 09, 2006, 10:01:03 AM

Clean it up Roth!

I did not hear that yesterday. How did Jim Dandy come up?

We all know that at times Dave is full of shit. In one of the interviews from Lou's set, Dave talks about how there were heated discussions about what songs they would be playing next (mostly during Al's solo -I think he said). Anyone with 3 boots from any given tour knows that this could not be further from the truth as the raps were even the same!

Post by:Lou on February 09, 2006, 10:04:08 AM
    I agreed with the caller who said that Springsteen was boring as crap Seems that Roth is a Springsteen fan as he kinda cut the guy a little short.

Post by:Lou on February 09, 2006, 10:04:47 AM
    Also can Dave please STOP saying "homeboy." It sounds so ridiculous coming from a 51 year old man.

Post by:Strung on February 09, 2006, 10:09:00 AM
    Quote from: Lou
    Also can Dave please STOP saying "homeboy." It sounds so ridiculous coming from a 51 year old man.

LMFAO!!

No shit!

Post by:hambon4lif on February 09, 2006, 10:14:48 AM
    Quote from: Rjohn10538
    I did not hear that yesterday. How did Jim Dandy come up?
    A caller in the third hour called in while they were talking about influences and said "Dave, I got three words for ya'...Black Oak Arkansas". Daves response was "I never stole anything from the bum in Black Oak Arkansas".....wtf?!?!?
    It would've shown some class to at least acknowledge and tip your hat to your influences, taking a shit on them and denying it is just plain fucking disrespectful.
    As long as we all know he used to take a home video camera to Black Oak shows, I guess he can talk all the shit he wants.....

Post by:hambon4lif on February 09, 2006, 10:18:29 AM
    The funny thing is that essentially, everyone in the world is a dickhead in your opinion, except you.
    I'm not exempt from that list either. I suck, they suck, you suck......so fuck you!!!

Post by:1327 on February 09, 2006, 10:20:17 AM

Uuhhh.. Dave's black. Or, will be, soon.

Post by:Mr Walker on February 09, 2006, 10:20:31 AM
    Shit... Dave even ripped off Jim's penchant for babbling incoherently, but strangley making a point.

Jeb: David Lee Roth has said a lot about being influenced by your stage presence…

Jim: David is fine. When he was with Van Halen they at least had a sense of humor. I like him. I think he is the Shecky Green of rock n roll. Hell, if he had had a wife of his own then he would have made as much fun of her as he did of Eddie’s. (laughter). Eddie took his self too seriously. A lot of bands do that “I’m worth a lot of money now so you can’t talk about that shit anymore.” I thought that they were a great performer. It was enjoyable to me to see what worked for me work for other people. He (David Lee) was with the same public relations company that Black Oak had been with. David’s Daddy was a very rich and famous dentist for the stars. The PR company also had David Cassidy. You can see how much I ripped him off (laughter). We all stand on the shoulder of giants and we all go to the well to drink. What was it the hippies used to say? If you want to have organic thoughts then you have to feed your mind organic things. What the hell that means I don’t know! Another one was “What time is it? Time has no meaning because time don’t exist.” I am a hippie at heart. Actually, I ain’t no hippie and I was never a hippie. It is hard for me to be a Christian and turn the other cheek. If I know them then I might but if I don’t know them then they are going down! I am just to country for that. To me the personal wars would keep the global wars from happening. I don’t even believe in keeping a band together like Ronnie (Van Zant) did, where you have fights all the time. I love my Harley Davidson friends as they have kept us alive for the past 25 years. These are the real Americans and the real veterans. They help the children every year. They are the angels but they look like the fucking wholly burgers. They do it every year because they care. They don’t do it for the money and they make sure that the money the do raise gets to the kids.

http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/...k_arkansas.htm

Post by:Lou on February 09, 2006, 10:22:09 AM
    I've never heard of Jim Dandy. Who is he?

Post by:hambon4lif on February 09, 2006, 10:25:27 AM
    You're kidding right? Holy Shit Lou....you are in for one hell of an education.

Post by:Mr Walker on February 09, 2006, 10:26:26 AM

He was (or maybe still is) the lead singer of a 70's rock band 'Black Oak Arkansas'. Dave borrowed ALOT from Jim Dandy... the look, the prescence, the swagger and hedonistic bravado. To put this in perspective for ya, for Dave to dismiss Jim Dandy as a bum would be similar to Jimmy Page calling Robert Johnson a stupid ******.

Post by:Strung on February 09, 2006, 10:29:23 AM
    You should email that shit to the show Walker. Fuckin A!

Post by:Wooda on February 09, 2006, 10:29:58 AM
    I agreed with the caller who said that Springsteen was boring as crap Seems that Roth is a Springsteen fan as he kinda cut the guy a little short.
    Roth is no more a Springsteen fan than I am a Pavarotti fan.

Roth is no Sesh, Oops I mean he is no idiot, he knows full well that his main audience is the East Coast, and that Springsteen can sell out a year at the Garden. So to bag on the boss would be hitting a major part of his demographic right in the teeth.

He will bag on lesser people, but bits his tongue on ones that will bit him in his ass, and who in the fuck cares what Matt has to say, unless he wants to tell us that he is being fired for destroying a career.

Post by:Lou on February 09, 2006, 10:31:31 AM
    Quote from: Mr Walker
    He was (or maybe still is) the lead singer of a 70's rock band 'Black Oak Arkansas'. Dave borrowed ALOT from Jim Dandy... the look, the prescence, the swagger and hedonistic bravado. To put this in perspective for ya, for Dave to dismiss Jim Dandy as a bum would be similar to Jimmy Page calling Robert Johnson a stupid ******.

Well, that magazine cover proves that. They do look pretty similar.

Post by:Strung on February 09, 2006, 10:31:50 AM
    Truth in advertsing!

LMAO!!

Journey?!?

LMMFAO!

Post by:Strung on February 09, 2006, 10:32:59 AM
    I have a question. Is it ethical for that dick Hagar to butcher Dave's songs!

Post by:Mr Walker on February 09, 2006, 10:34:40 AM
    Well, that magazine cover proves that. They do look pretty similar.

I've got DVDs of Black Oak and if you turned down the sound, you would think you were watching one of those Oakland 81 videos.

Post by:Lou on February 09, 2006, 10:38:02 AM
    What's their music sound like, straightforward rock?

Post by:clag515 on February 09, 2006, 10:43:47 AM
    I've got DVDs of Black Oak and if you turned down the sound, you would think you were watching one of those Oakland 81 videos.

I love to check that DVD out. I've never seen any BOA (besides pics) to say there's a definite resemblance.

Post by:Wooda on February 09, 2006, 10:44:04 AM
    Maybe this will help eveyone get the idea, I was trying to play nice yesterday, but since someone else brought it up, I will run with it.

Here is Jim Dandy 1975, and DLR 1979?
    (http://diamonddavidleeroth.com/Otherdownloads/Dave_73[1].jpg)

And then we Have Jim Dandy 200? & DLR 2004?

It looks like Dave is still borrowing?
    (http://diamonddavidleeroth.com/Other...3_BlackOak.jpg)

Post by:1327 on February 09, 2006, 10:48:02 AM
    I never heard of 'em. Wikepedia said: "... Their first PA system was stolen from a local high school and members of the group were subsequently charged with grand larceny and sentenced to 26 years at the Tucker Prison Farm (this sentence was later suspended.) This led to their retreat to the hills of rural northeast Arkansas where they lived off the land and refined their musical style. Some of their influences during this time were The Beatles and The Byrds...".

Nice!

edit: Wooda, that recent pic's disturbing!

Post by:Seshmeister on February 09, 2006, 10:50:34 AM
    Quote from: Wooda

Roth is no Sesh, Oops I mean he is no idiot,

Oh my god...I can't breathe...laughing so hard...sides splitting...Wooda wittiest man in the world..genius...etc etc.

Post by:Wooda on February 09, 2006, 10:52:03 AM
    Quote from: Seshmeister
    Oh my god...I can't breathe...laughing so hard...sides splitting...Wooda wittiest man in the world..genius...etc etc.
    Now my feelings are hurt again, it wasn't meant to be funny

Post by:Mr Walker on February 09, 2006, 10:54:28 AM
    What's their music sound like, straightforward rock?

Kinda Southern 70s rock.
    If anyone is expecting them to sound like Van Halen, they will be disappointed.
    Dave was influenced by Jim visually, and I guess vocally to some degree.
    I guess the closest VH came to Black Oak on vinyl would be the intro to 'The Full Bug'.

Post by:hambon4lif on February 09, 2006, 10:54:37 AM
    I saw Jim when I was in Laughlin a few years back, and he was still doing the sword dance, the high kicks, etc. (more stuff Dave...uhh..'borrowed')

It was a kickass show!

Post by:Mr Walker on February 09, 2006, 10:55:33 AM
    Quote from: 1327
    I never heard of 'em. Wikepedia said: "... Their first PA system was stolen from a local high school and members of the group were subsequently charged with grand larceny and sentenced to 26 years at the Tucker Prison Farm (this sentence was later suspended.) This led to their retreat to the hills of rural northeast Arkansas where they lived off the land and refined their musical style. Some of their influences during this time were The Beatles and The Byrds...".

Nice!

edit: Wooda, that recent pic's disturbing!

They had a whole Charles Manson - Spahn Ranch thing going on out in them thar hills.

Post by:Wooda on February 09, 2006, 10:55:43 AM
    Kinda Southern 70s rock.
    If anyone is expecting them to sound like Van Halen, they will be disappointed.
    Dave was influenced by Jim visually, and I guess vocally to some degree.
    I guess the closest VH came to Black Oak on vinyl would be the intro to 'The Full Bug'.
    LMAO!!! That sure looks familiar!

Post by:Wooda on February 09, 2006, 10:56:41 AM
    Let us not forget that one Mr Tommy Aldridge was a member of BOA!

Post by:Mr Walker on February 09, 2006, 10:56:58 AM
    And then we Have Jim Dandy 200? & DLR 2004?

It looks like Dave is still borrowing?
    (http://diamonddavidleeroth.com/Other...3_BlackOak.jpg)

Ole Jim needs a 'manzierre'!

Post by:Lou on February 09, 2006, 10:57:47 AM
    Let us not forget that one Mr Tommy Aldridge was a member of BOA!

Who's that?

Post by:Wooda on February 09, 2006, 10:57:48 AM
    Ole Jim needs a 'manzierre'!
    It's too bad he can't afford the Liposuction like Roth!

Post by:Mr Walker on February 09, 2006, 10:57:51 AM
    LMAO!!! That sure looks familiar!

What looks familiar?

Post by:Wooda on February 09, 2006, 10:58:43 AM
    Who's that?
    LMAO!!! Tommy Aldridge is the famous drummer that shows up in every metal video and album cover, but never plays a lick of drums on any album!

Post by:1327 on February 09, 2006, 10:58:56 AM
    hambon...: do you remember what hour Dave talked about his 'role model' yesterday? I'm gonna listen to y'day's show today, and I'd like to hear what he said. Thanks...

Post by:Strung on February 09, 2006, 10:59:00 AM
    They had a whole Charles Manson - Spahn Ranch thing going on out in them thar hills.

Funny how that happens in Arkansas.

Post by:SpanishFly Guy on February 09, 2006, 11:02:08 AM
    Roth is no more a Springsteen fan than I am a Pavarotti fan.

Roth is no Sesh, Oops I mean he is no idiot, he knows full well that his main audience is the East Coast, and that Springsteen can sell out a year at the Garden. So to bag on the boss would be hitting a major part of his demographic right in the teeth.

He will bag on lesser people, but bits his tongue on ones that will bit him in his ass, and who in the fuck cares what Matt has to say, unless he wants to tell us that he is being fired for destroying a career.

perfectly said there Wooda and right on the money. Springsteen is a friggin GOD in the tri-state area. No-one can sell out Arena's here like he can, it is ridiculous how fast that happens.

Post by:Strung on February 09, 2006, 11:04:57 AM
    Quote from: SpanishFly Guy
    perfectly said there Wooda and right on the money. Springsteen is a friggin GOD in the tri-state area. No-one can sell out Arena's here like he can, it is ridiculous how fast that happens.

I am not a fan but thought that his performance was good.

Post by:Seshmeister on February 09, 2006, 11:05:04 AM
    Who's that?

Holy shit!

Lou use google or something rather than constantly showing your total ignorance about rock music.

Post by:Wooda on February 09, 2006, 11:08:37 AM
    Holy shit!

Lou use google or something rather than constantly showing your total ignorance about rock music.
    There you go again Sesh, Lou does not consider 80's rock to be music, so it doesn't register to him.

But I'll bet my 11 year old can tell me who Tommy Aldridge is?

Post by:Seshmeister on February 09, 2006, 11:14:19 AM
    There you go again Sesh, Lou does not consider 80's rock to be music, so it doesn't register to him.

But I'll bet my 11 year old can tell me who Tommy Aldridge is?

Well lets make him a mod then.

I'm sure he could raise the level of a lot of the crap that gets posted around here.

Post by:Wooda on February 09, 2006, 11:15:26 AM
    Well lets make him a mod then.

I'm sure he could raise the level of a lot of the crap that gets posted around here.
    Don't make me start that again, cause there are some other high profile guys that couldn't answer that same question.

Post by:clag515 on February 09, 2006, 11:20:46 AM
    LMAO!!! Tommy Aldridge is the famous drummer that shows up in every metal video and album cover, but never plays a lick of drums on any album!

LMMFAO!!! I still can't figure out how Lou can make such negative comments about music yet he knows nobody?

Lou this is an adult conversation, go back to playing with your low gen .flac files!!!

Post by:Lou on February 09, 2006, 11:37:23 AM

You're forgetting Billy Joel who's probably equally as popular. Joel did sell out at least 8 shows (maybe 9) at MSG, and 5 in Philadelphia for his upcoming tour.

Both of them though are incredibly popular in New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia.

Post by:Wooda on February 09, 2006, 11:38:44 AM
    You're forgetting Billy Joel who's probably equally as popular. Joel did sell out at least 8 shows (maybe 9) at MSG, and 5 in Philadelphia for his upcoming tour.

Both of them though are incredibly popular in New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia.
    Nobody is forgetting Billy Joel, but DLR was praising Bruce for no other reason than a revolt.

Well that fact that he is a JEW probably doesn't hurt either

Post by:Lou on February 09, 2006, 11:40:54 AM
    Span said that no one can sell out arenas like Springsteen in this area, and that's not true, Billy Joel can as well.

Post by:hambon4lif on February 09, 2006, 12:02:48 PM
    I don't care what Dave says about the Grammys, I thought that for once they did it right.
    Lifetime Acheivement Awards went out to Cream, David Bowie, Robert Johnson.
    McCartney and his band did a badass rendition of "Helter Skelter"
    The return of Sly Stone was a bit weird, he walked off the stage before "I Want To Take You Higher" was over, but the look on Steven Tylers face was priceless..he didn't know what the fuck was going on.
    As far as Kelly Clarkson? She walked off with two Grammys that were rightfully hers, and fuck what anyone has to say otherwise.
    U2's Edge gave a short but to the point acceptance speech that should be the blueprint to future acceptance speeches.

Compared to other Grammy shows, last nights left them all in the dust!

Post by:Mr Walker on February 09, 2006, 12:09:40 PM

That's like comparing a bunch of turds to see which one is the best.

Post by:hambon4lif on February 09, 2006, 12:11:50 PM
    That's like comparing a bunch of turds to see which one is the best.
    Last nights turd was better then. LOL!

Post by:Strung on February 09, 2006, 12:33:04 PM
    Quote from: clag515
    LMMFAO!!! I still can't figure out how Lou can make such negative comments about music yet he knows nobody?

Lou this is an adult conversation, go back to playing with your low gen .flac files!!!

LOL!!

Post by:Strung on February 09, 2006, 12:34:22 PM
    I don't care what Dave says about the Grammys, I thought that for once they did it right.
    Lifetime Acheivement Awards went out to Cream, David Bowie, Robert Johnson.
    McCartney and his band did a badass rendition of "Helter Skelter"
    The return of Sly Stone was a bit weird, he walked off the stage before "I Want To Take You Higher" was over, but the look on Steven Tylers face was priceless..he didn't know what the fuck was going on.
    As far as Kelly Clarkson? She walked off with two Grammys that were rightfully hers, and fuck what anyone has to say otherwise.
    U2's Edge gave a short but to the point acceptance speech that should be the blueprint to future acceptance speeches.

I agree. I enjoyed it for the most part.

Post by:fairwarning_vh on February 09, 2006, 02:37:41 PM
    Wasn't Tommy Aldridge on Bark at the Moon. I guess technicially he was also on RR Tribute (5/11/81 Cleveland) and Speak of the Devil with Ozzy.

He toured a ton with Whitesnake in the late 80's. Was he on Slip of the Tongue in 89?

Post by:Wooda on February 09, 2006, 02:39:39 PM
    Quote from: fairwarning_vh
    Wasn't Tommy Aldridge on Bark at the Moon. I guess technicially he was also on RR Tribute (5/11/81 Cleveland) and Speak of the Devil with Ozzy.

He toured a ton with Whitesnake in the late 80's. Was he on Slip of the Tongue in 89?
    Yes he did make it on those 2 discs, but 2 out of all the stuff he did?

Post by:clag515 on February 09, 2006, 02:40:40 PM

Don't forget about Billy Joel...he's freaking got like 10 sold out shows at MSG...wtf!!!

Post by:Mr Walker on February 09, 2006, 02:43:59 PM
    Quote from: clag515
    Don't forget about Billy Joel...he's freaking got like 10 sold out shows at MSG...wtf!!!
    Bro... if you can't keep up with the conversation, maybe you should sit at the kiddie table.

Post by:Wooda on February 09, 2006, 02:45:32 PM
    Bro... if you can't keep up with the conversation, maybe you should sit at the kiddie table.
    All fags likes to repeat old news, Span does it constantly

Post by:clag515 on February 09, 2006, 02:46:26 PM

OK Homeboy, at least I know who Tommy Aldridge is!!!

Post by:Hellraiser! on February 09, 2006, 02:47:54 PM

He played on Whitesnake "Slip of the Tongue" album

Post by:Wooda on February 09, 2006, 02:49:20 PM
    Quote from: Hellraiser!
    He played on Whitesnake "Slip of the Tongue" album
    That sis one if not the worst 80's lp ever, it's worse than any Poison album

Post by:Hellraiser! on February 09, 2006, 02:50:33 PM

C´mon Boss, is just a slip of the tongue...

Post by:Wooda on February 09, 2006, 02:51:00 PM
    C´mon Boss, is just a slip of the tongue...
    It's crap!

Post by:Mr Walker on February 09, 2006, 02:52:08 PM

I liked the Coverdale/Hughes reunion on 'Now You're Gone'

Post by:Wooda on February 09, 2006, 02:52:57 PM
    I liked the Coverdale/Hughes reunion on 'Now You're Gone'
    :piss1

Post by:Hellraiser! on February 09, 2006, 02:56:03 PM
    It's crap!

I liked the new version of Fool for your Loving

Post by:Wooda on February 09, 2006, 02:56:25 PM
    Me to:spin:

Post by:Hellraiser! on February 09, 2006, 02:58:17 PM
    Me to:spin:

It´s also the only studio album starring Rudy Sarzo on bass

Post by:Mr Walker on February 09, 2006, 03:00:09 PM

I didn't like that.

Post by:hambon4lif on February 09, 2006, 03:01:07 PM
    "Here I Go Again" got overplayed when it came out, especially the video where the slut is smearing snailtrails on the hood of an XJ-S, but the original version of the song is lame. I don't think it's a crime to do a touch-up on your old shit so long as you improve it.

Post by:Wooda on February 09, 2006, 03:02:12 PM
    "Here I Go Again" got overplayed when it came out, especially the video where the slut is smearing snailtrails on the hood of an XJ-S, but the original version of the song is lame. I don't think it's a crime to do a touch-up on your old shit so long as you improve it.
    Wrong album Bon!

Post by:Hellraiser! on February 09, 2006, 03:02:17 PM
    I didn't like that.

So I´ll be a fool for your loving no more...

Post by:NE169 on February 09, 2006, 04:36:43 PM
    Him talking about hip-hop, reggaeton, and Latino will always be ridicuous!

Post by:Strung on February 09, 2006, 04:39:42 PM
    It's crap!

I like it.

You like that Darkness stuff better than "Slip of the Tounge?

Post by:Wooda on February 09, 2006, 04:43:55 PM
    Quote from: Strung
    I like it.

You like that Darkness stuff better than "Slip of the Tounge?
    I like giving myself a vasectomy with a rusty butter knife better than Slip Of The Tongue!

And when you and that bald blind kid stop playing dueling banjos, could you please work on your spelling?

Post by:Strung on February 09, 2006, 04:56:53 PM
    I like giving myself a vasectomy with a rusty butter knife better than Slip Of The Tongue!

And when you and that bald blind kid stop playing dueling banjos, could you please work on your spelling?

That bad huh?

Oh well as you have said you are entitled to your opinion.

Post by:1327 on February 10, 2006, 03:28:33 AM

:ha: It puzzles me that 'DaviT' Lee Roth wants SO badly to sound like a black man - his constant references to his acquired 'blackness' are embarassing...

And before the 'racists' comments are leveled, I'm a man of mixed-race.

I believe Animal's only purpose (beyond the obvious security) is as DLR's 'blackness' sensei. C'mon, Dave, 'gimme a break'.