Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2016 @ 04:39 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Voices in my head

"On Fire" is playing in my mind
    Everything about it is exactly as it was recorded for VH1 except for one thing... Hagar is singing it. Same lyrics, screams and vocal melody as Roth did. Just Hagar doing it. No, I'm not saying he should have been their singer for that album... not at all.
    I also hear Bon Scott singing "You Shook Me All Night Long".

... anyhoo
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-30-2022 @ 04:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Then you have a vivid imagination because one, that song would have never been written by someone as compositionally challenged who falls back on generic AOR construction as Hagar and never could do those screams remotely as well as Dave, not even close... ps, Hagar sucks
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 04:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,093 Times in 2,004 Posts

Blog Entries
    Beav... seek professional help, immediately!!!

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2017 @ 10:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Hagar singing On Fire sounds like a nightmare. On the other hand, any true ac/dc fan doesn't have any trouble figuring out Back in Black is full of Bon Scott's lyrics and melodies. R&R ain't Noise Pollution, Hells Bells? Pure Bon Scott.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 09:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,286 Times in 1,504 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Beav... seek professional help, immediately!!!
    Yeah, really...maybe some good meds can smother those voices in your head...at least the Hagar one replacing Roth.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 10:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 1,119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beavrtek View Post
    "On Fire" is playing in my mind
    Everything about it is exactly as it was recorded for VH1 except for one thing... Hagar is singing it. Same lyrics, screams and vocal melody as Roth did. Just Hagar doing it. No, I'm not saying he should have been their singer for that album... not at all.
    I also hear Bon Scott singing "You Shook Me All Night Long".

... anyhoo
    This is the good kind of voices in your head. Well, not *good* per se, but certainly innocuous & harmless.

It's when God starts talking to you that you should be worried. That fucker is always getting people into all sorts of wicked trouble. He's worse than Jack Daniel's & not nearly as fun.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Then you have a vivid imagination because one, that song would have never been written by someone as compositionally challenged who falls back on generic AOR construction as Hagar and never could do those screams remotely as well as Dave, not even close... ps, Hagar sucks
    Alls I'm sayin' here is that to me, if you drop in Hagar's voice (emulating Roth) in On Fire, it works. I think that Hagar did an epic job on the first Montrose record. Do I think Hagar's voice fits well with any other early VH/Roth tune? No. Do I think that Hagar should have been the singer on VH1, like Templeman was apparently very close to pushing Ed to do? Fuck no.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-30-2022 @ 04:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beavrtek View Post
    Alls I'm sayin' here is that to me, if you drop in Hagar's voice (emulating Roth) in On Fire, it works. I think that Hagar did an epic job on the first Montrose record. Do I think Hagar's voice fits well with any other early VH/Roth tune? No. Do I think that Hagar should have been the singer on VH1, like Templeman was apparently very close to pushing Ed to do? Fuck no.
    Then why search if you can find only one and then feel a need to replay that suggestion in your head... it is not worth your time fine sir

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tbone888 View Post
    Hagar singing On Fire sounds like a nightmare. On the other hand, any true ac/dc fan doesn't have any trouble figuring out Back in Black is full of Bon Scott's lyrics and melodies. R&R ain't Noise Pollution, Hells Bells? Pure Bon Scott.

On AC/DC, absolutely. Bon's voice is indeed a natural for the songs you mention. His signature style is all over just about every song on that disc, with the exception of maybe the song BIB. It's plain as fuckin day yet oddly the suggestion of it, half the time I bring it up with a "hardcore" AC/DC fan, produces outrage. sheesh. The band was in pre-production and about to enter the studio when Bon shuffled off. Bon had a great sense of melody even working with rudimentary tunes. And he was clever lyrically in ways that Johnson has never been (that is, I should say, after he ran out of Bon's stuff halfway through FTATR) and never will be. I'm not sure what the royalty arrangement is for that album, but it seems clear that Johnson is credited for writing he didn't do. After some 300 bizillion copies of BIB sold, I hope the Young brothers have been doing right by the Scott family. It does go without saying nevertheless, that Brian Johnson sang his ass off when all the chips were down.

10. Thanked beavrtek for this KICKASS post:

redozzman (03-11-2016)

Thread Information