Being a site which is devoted to Van Halen...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetstream
    Foot Soldier
    • Dec 2011

Being a site which is devoted to Van Halen...

Really is difficult because to create any new news is almost like being fucking MacGyver and making a bomb from a rubber band or some kind of shit like that... and any news is just old news, like Dave talking about WTF back in the day
    I got lost in the...
  • Jetstream
    Foot Soldier
    • Dec 2011

And on the rare occasion any member gives an interview it's like watching a game of "guess what is in my pocket"... and there is never nothing there lol
    I got lost in the...

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Meh. It's almost as if it is incidental these days as to what the site is named and who it is devoted to. Not that this is a slag against the site, but when the guy and band you have dedicated your site to basically go into hiding only to pop out and tour every few years, by that point the site (much like the band itself) either becomes a nostalgia trip or diversifies into other areas (like, say, Izzy and Donnie's big fat gay possibly Greek wedding/definitely Greek honeymoon...and things such as that).
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

After 1 and a half million posts most of what there is to be said has been. I think there is maybe gold to be had in resurecting some old threads for all the people that haven't read them.

I've noticed a bit of a consensus lately among the old school posters in that I think most of us have pretty much nailed most of the truth behind Van Halen at this point good and bad. I saw online at another site one of those '5 things you didn't know' about a few bands and looked at the Van Halen section and 4 of the 'facts' were wrong.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Terry
          Meh. It's almost as if it is incidental these days as to what the site is named and who it is devoted to. Not that this is a slag against the site, but when the guy and band you have dedicated your site to basically go into hiding only to pop out and tour every few years, by that point the site (much like the band itself) either becomes a nostalgia trip or diversifies into other areas (like, say, Izzy and Donnie's big fat gay possibly Greek wedding/definitely Greek honeymoon...and things such as that).
          First off, if Izzy and I were gay - which we're not - there wouldn't be any wedding or honeymoon. Nor would there be any hand holding or kissing or hugging. Cause all that's stuff's gay as fuck. And we wouldn't sleep in the same bed either. No, we'd just hang out and watch Magnum PI and Miami Vice and Selena Gonez videos and work on cars and shoot guns and ride motorcycles and all sorts of manly guy stuff.

Or better yet we could move down to the Florida Everglades and run a charter boat service and run moonshine. Use our boats to sneak around at night and outrun the law because A. powerboats and B. airboats. And we'd go into town like Gator did in White Lightnin and I'd hit on all the hot 18 - 25 year old chicks and Izzy could cruise the retirement community for chicks and then we'd take em back to our sprawling shack out in the swamp that's all modern inside and we'd pull a train. And we wouldn't go to no pride parade unless it was the Charlie Pride Parade.

Bein gay is bad ass!!
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Bad for your ass ....
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
              Bad for your ass ....
              Well yeah, if you're into the whole gay sex thing.

Maybe I have the wrong idea about what being gay is. See, I was picturing it more like an early 80s buddy TV show where the guys just live in the same house but solve mysteries and bang chicks and drink and drive fast cars and boats and get into bar fights and shoot outs and stuff. Yeah, I like my version better.
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Yeah I think your idea is better but if and when u do go to jail for fraud or bigamy don't forget there is another type of gay so don't mention it
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Sarge
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  After 1 and a half million posts most of what there is to be said has been. I think there is maybe gold to be had in resurecting some old threads for all the people that haven't read them.

I've noticed a bit of a consensus lately among the old school posters in that I think most of us have pretty much nailed most of the truth behind Van Halen at this point good and bad. I saw online at another site one of those '5 things you didn't know' about a few bands and looked at the Van Halen section and 4 of the 'facts' were wrong.
                  It's over 2 million. We had a wackjob here that deleted 1/3 of the website at one time, thinking it would speed up the forum. How many of those 2 million posts involved arguing?
                  ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                  The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                  [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Anyone remember when Elitest quit DDLR because Switch did the same thing?
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sarge
                      It's over 2 million. We had a wackjob here that deleted 1/3 of the website at one time, thinking it would speed up the forum. How many of those 2 million posts involved arguing?
                      Very few arguing posts... A big chunk deleted were from the Muff Thread™. Very few arguments in that thread as most viewers had one hand too busy to type up any good arguments...
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It was a very stupid thing that Mezro did for a bunch of reasons not least of which it had no affect on the performance of the site but my memory is that it was the pics and dump forums he deleted which didn't have a massive amount of good posts.

I'm much more annoyed about the other wacko that deleted 1998-2002, there was a lot of great stuff back then.

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

I mean, certainly as far as 'reading the tea leaves' or speculating about activities/personality clashes behind the scenes, there probably is precious little left to speculate about on this site when it comes to Van Halen...and definitely amongst those of us who have been here for 10+ years. The music the band made back in the day with Roth still endures (even if the present incarnation is a bit mediocre and the future looks to be more of the same), and everything else non-musical beyond that falls by the wayside after a certain point.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I have a theory that maybe we know too much now and that colors some of the negativity around here a lot of the time.

That and the fact that Hagar doesn't seem worth kicking any more...

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

I have a theory that maybe we know too much now and that colors some of the negativity around here a lot of the time.

That and the fact that Hagar doesn't seem worth kicking any more...
                              Some of us are also older and a little wiser. In other words, we don't give a shit anymore...unless you walk on our lawn...
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Working...