Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Yeah, regardless of how well it works in other countries - you can't legalize hard drugs here. Too many Americans are too fuckin stoopid to be trusted to shoot up heroin recreationally. Is that even a thing? And honestly, do you want your kids wacked out on meth for three straight days just cause it's legal?

And even though I'm the Token Conservative here, I'm down for changing things up so individual users aren't being locked away for buying. Set a limit on how much you can have on you before you've committed a felony and just roll with it. And do like Dawg said with the treatment programs.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      I don't run my country.

Are you really at college?
      Yes. Oh, and I run it, too.

You pussy Snow Patrol fan.

Comment

• SunisinuS
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • May 2010

Donnie behavior proves all. It is funny how the politicians cry.....omg the budget goes up every year! Derp....so does the population. If you have 1 firefighter for every 10 homes then...you know...if you have babies and there are now 20 homes...you have to add another firefighter. You see more crime because simply there are more people. Population rises, your elbow hits someone elses' elbow. We are rabbits running out of space....we fuck, we reproduce, we kill the planet. Ipso Elbow Factso.

If you have ever lived in major population centers and have also lived in small towns....THINK.

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm not sure if people did click on the link - I was more interested in the first bit.

I’d tracked Ehrlichman, who had been Nixon’s domestic-policy adviser, to an engineering firm in Atlanta, where he was working on minority recruitment...

You want to know what this was really all about?” he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

I must have looked shocked. Ehrlichman just shrugged. Then he looked at his watch, handed me a signed copy of his steamy spy novel, The Company, and led me to the door.

Nixon’s invention of the war on drugs as a political tool was cynical, but every president since — Democrat and Republican alike — has found it equally useful for one reason or another. Meanwhile, the growing cost of the drug war is now impossible to ignore: billions of dollars wasted, bloodshed in Latin America and on the streets of our own cities, and millions of lives destroyed by draconian punishment that doesn’t end at the prison gate; one of every eight black men has been disenfranchised because of a felony conviction.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Old, old news, slave SESH

You might try living in the year 1987?

Comment

• Satan
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

So the fact that the entire "war on drugs" was a BCE invention to assault their political enemies doesn't interest you at all?

All the more ironic, given the fact that the BCE themselves were the biggest drug smugglers of the 20th century.
              Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
              I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Was Nixon in the BCE or was there a NCE?

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  Was Nixon in the BCE or was there a NCE?
                  Please don't encourage him
                  American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...