Thread: My Honest review of the new Van Hagar tour

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Exclamation My Honest review of the new Van Hagar tour

I saw the fist of the 2 Worcester shows a few weeks back and it was sold out.(there are no tickets sold behind the stage-and the second show did not sell out) Fist let me say that Obviously I am much more of a fan of classic VH than hagar vh- that being said, I have seen the Diver Down, 5150, ou812, F.U.C.K. and VHIII tours so I know of what I speak. The show was overpriced! 100 bucks for a balcony seat is a bit steep. My main bitch however, is this... For the first time ever VH are sloppy! yes Sloppy! Eddie was not putting any effort into his playing. The band was messing up changes in songs. The only guy who was putting forth an efforet was....Sammy. He worked his ass off because I think he could sense that The band has kida lost it. This is not Aerosmith/stones/gn'r, You cant play VH sloppy... Yet thats what they did. Very disapointing! The VH3 tour with Cherone was sooo incredibly much better their is no comparison. They played with the classic VH groove.. No groove here folks, and that is the saddest thing. I think all of us here are praying for the Dave reunion tour, but that will be a huge dissapointment if ED, Al, and Mike dont get their musical shit together. The Sam & Dave tour was MUCH MUCH better than this one folks. P.S. I think It must stem from Ed's drinking. The Papers in town have had a bunch of stories about Eddie stumbling around Boston drunk and beligerent, being thrown out of places for carrying bottles of booze in brown paper bags like the Homeless do. Very tragic.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by NeilDiamondDave
    P.S. I think It must stem from Ed's drinking. The Papers in town have had a bunch of stories about Eddie stumbling around Boston drunk and beligerent, being thrown out of places for carrying bottles of booze in brown paper bags like the Homeless do. Very tragic.
    Exactamundo.....

Tragic indeed, especially if Sambo needs to tighten the band up...
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't think Ed had any intentions of putting effort into
    this one-off trainwreck from the get go.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sad...

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    No point in Ed trying to please the fans, when he already knows they fucked up by not calling Dave first. Hey I just thought of something. Think its possible they did call Dave, and Dave might have told them to fuck off?! I know he's been wanting to join them and work shit out, but maybe he seen the light and writing on the wall and decided to stick it to them and get the last laugh?
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think Dave would tell Ed he was bringing a lawyer with him, and then the phone would go dead.

Dave should bring one with him though. They would try to fuck him over for sure.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    yup I agree.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm thinking Dave walked away from the sisters when he realized Ed was hopeless...

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    yeah something tells me they called Dave before settling with Sham. In fact Im pretty sure they contacted a few singers before settling with Sham. Billy Squire, I believe, was one of them. Who were the other rumored singers?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It'd be a lose, lose situation if Dave went back to Howdy Doody Mountain. Spam is taking the fall with VH. No need for Dave to sully his good reputation by reuniting with the sisters.

Be vewy vewy quiet.
    Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Big Troubles
    yeah something tells me they called Dave before settling with Sham. In fact Im pretty sure they contacted a few singers before settling with Sham. Billy Squire, I believe, was one of them. Who were the other rumored singers?
    Actuwully I bewieve they did call Biwwy Sqwire and a chick

before they cawelled the homo in the capwi's.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As bad as Roth may want the reunion, don't think the payday will overshadow Roth's desire for the band to deliver the goods. And Ed and Al aren't capable of it.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I either heard or read David Coverdale at one point in time.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This chick I know from work went to see them here in NJ at the Continental Airlines Arena, and she said, and I quote, "they sucked"....

She said they sucked, and she said she can dig the Van Hagar stuff...

oh well...

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Does anyone remember reading a loooooooooooong time ago that before Sam was picked, 5150 was going to include a number of different lead singers? PHIL COLLINS was rumored to be one of them.

I remember this!
    "Can't you hear Jamies cryin? Shes runnin with the Devil oh nooooo!!! oh no!

dvrtiz51

Re: My Honest review of the new Van Hagar tour

Originally posted by NeilDiamondDave
    I saw the fist of the 2 Worcester shows a few weeks back and it was sold out.(there are no tickets sold behind the stage-and the second show did not sell out) Fist let me say that Obviously I am much more of a fan of classic VH than hagar vh- that being said, I have seen the Diver Down, 5150, ou812, F.U.C.K. and VHIII tours so I know of what I speak. The show was overpriced! 100 bucks for a balcony seat is a bit steep. My main bitch however, is this... For the first time ever VH are sloppy! yes Sloppy! Eddie was not putting any effort into his playing. The band was messing up changes in songs. The only guy who was putting forth an efforet was....Sammy. He worked his ass off because I think he could sense that The band has kida lost it. This is not Aerosmith/stones/gn'r, You cant play VH sloppy... Yet thats what they did. Very disapointing! The VH3 tour with Cherone was sooo incredibly much better their is no comparison. They played with the classic VH groove.. No groove here folks, and that is the saddest thing. I think all of us here are praying for the Dave reunion tour, but that will be a huge dissapointment if ED, Al, and Mike dont get their musical shit together. The Sam & Dave tour was MUCH MUCH better than this one folks. P.S. I think It must stem from Ed's drinking. The Papers in town have had a bunch of stories about Eddie stumbling around Boston drunk and beligerent, being thrown out of places for carrying bottles of booze in brown paper bags like the Homeless do. Very tragic.
    I was at the same show and agree 100%. I went with friends that have seen VH as many times as myself and they all feel the same.
    I wanted to see Eddie live again, and he was the weak link that night. VERY sloppy. And Yes.....very sad ......Sammy was the only one who seemed like he was into it...........

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No point in Ed trying to please the fans, when he already knows they fucked up by not calling Dave first. Hey I just thought of something. Think its possible they did call Dave, and Dave might have told them to fuck off?! I know he's been wanting to join them and work shit out, but maybe he seen the light and writing on the wall and decided to stick it to them and get the last laugh?
    Honey, I've thought that since the first picture of Ed at the rehearsals came out. Remember, Dave is one smart cookie!
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Chaz Rock City
    I used to tell people there was no such thing as karma. Now I look at EVH, and think I might have been wrong.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Theres no doubt that the DLRBand are a tighter unit.
    (Which is sad as they are tighter than what they are
    copying)

The last comment I can recall Dave making in relation
    to a reunion and EVH, was that Ed needed an intervention.

To know this means they must have spoken and had contact.
    There was obviously legal matters to be resolved in the background,
    but apart from that, according to Dave, Ed was not up to it.
    I think this comment was made around October 2003....
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Thread Information