• Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

More limey teeth

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

My copy arrived today and I must say I'm impressed. The real gem here is the 3rd disc with the B-sides and edits while the vault stuff, yeah, should have remained in the vault. The DVD absolutely sucks. It's not 1080, not in Dolby and the mix is beyond fucking awful.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The Syracuse show was shot on tape and not film. I remember the crappy mix from the VHS version.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Either way it should have NEVER been released. It's really unwatchable.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

We Can Fuck became Graffiti Bridge's We Can Funk, with George Clinton on vocals. Awful movie, slightly better soundtrack.

Good to have a clean copy of the long version of Computer Blue. Some of the bootlegs have four or five versions, this one cleaned up well. I think it's Computer Blue #4 from the Purple Rush bootleg.
            Last edited by twonabomber; 06-23-2017, 07:38 PM.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

This "remaster" and the 2017 "remix" of Sgt. Pepper are the only ones I've heard that were done right. Unlike those 2013 Zeppelin pieces of absolute shit. Purple Rain is loud but not brightly loud as in over-compressed to fucking death loud. You can actually hear the acoustic guitar that was originally low in the mix of 'Take Me With U' shine here. Prince must have played more instruments on these tunes because I've never heard them before.

Some of these 7" B-sides of Prince are quite good.

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

One thing from this thread that is very clear is that Prince is dead yet still more productive than you Kristy
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Well, the Prince & I do share one common factor: we're not limeys.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Prince's Epic 'Purple Rain' Tour: An Oral History

Members of the Revolution look back on Prince's massive, awe-inspiring 'Purple Rain' tour in our exclusive oral history.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I just found out that Minneapolis airport is named after that nazi supporter and general bad guy Charles Lindbergh. When is it going to be renamed Prince Airport?

According to Google there was actually a petition at the time of Prince's death to have this happen but it still hasn't.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        I just found out that Minneapolis airport is named after that nazi supporter and general bad guy Charles Lindbergh. When is it going to be renamed Prince Airport?

According to Google there was actually a petition at the time of Prince's death to have this happen but it still hasn't.
                        Yeah. Minneapolis. Great place. It’s wind blasted and freezing in the winter and in the summer the mosquitoes eat you alive. That isn’t a great airport anyways. Very dated.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

I'm not Lindbergh's biggest fan and yeah, maybe he shouldn't have an international airport named after him. But I think the Nazi thing is a bit of overreach even give his eugenics bullshit. He actually flew combat missions as a civilian in WWII (against the Japanese) shooting down maybe two Jap fighters, more importantly he helped improve certain USAAF fighters like the P-38...

He was a flawed human being and a product of his time...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Charles Lindbergh is a larger historical figure than Prince. Prince has nothing to do with aviation. Of course Lindbergh is remembered for his flight across the Atlantic. Who cares if there is an airport named after him? Seems to be a trend now to rename stuff and tear old statues down.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Just read The Beautiful Ones. Mixed feelings about it, Prince had just started working on it before his death and it obviously feels unfinished. Copied pages of his handwritten notes and then some pic collections from certain years.

The estate got a lil' taste of money and is now in full cash grab mode. I will be buying the 1999 reissue but some of the other stuff I have no problem downloading.

Read the Morris Day book too. It's a quick read. Day "channels" Prince and it seems kind of weird.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Follow this link to audio of show - https://www.abc.net.au/radio/program...ake-5/12421040

Susan Rogers’ catalyst songs

Download Susan Rogers’ catalyst songs (80.29 MB)
                                Download 80.29 MB
                                Susan Rogers, by her own admission, is a rare bird. A female producer and sound engineer in an industry dominated by men, her drive and commitment would land her side by side with Prince as his star soared. She came to work with him in Paisley Park as an audio technician right before he would begin Purple Rain, and she’d stay working with him and becoming his sound engineer through his commercial peak; recording Parade, Around the World in a Day, The Black Album, and Sign O the Times.

But Prince isn’t the only part of Susan Rogers’ story. In 1988 she left Minneapolis, and would go on to produce some of the biggest hits of the 90’s before taking the money from that to go back to school, and become a Professor at one of the world’s most prestigious music schools. Her name is synonymous with Prince, but the story of how Susan got there, and what she did after this legendary collaboration, is just as fascinating.

From finding her musical tribe as a kid in Orange County, to recording some of the most loved songs of all time, and diving into the neuroscience of why we connect with song, this is a brilliant conversation with a curious mind, and living legend.

James Brown - Papa's Got a Brand New Bag

Prince - Let's Go Crazy

Geggy Tah - Whoever You Are

Barenaked Ladies - One Week

Wilson Pickett - In the Midnight Hour

Duration: 58min 16sec
                                Broadcast: Fri 3 Jul 2020, 10:00am

Comment

Working...