• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    I think there are bootlegs of the aftershow I was at in the early hours of August 29th 2007 but I haven't found it yet.
    An audience recording of the August 28th O2 show is now on the Trader's Den.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
      Thank fuck.

About time these fuckers starting popping off again.

You're next, Tom Petty.
      Hadn't come by in a bit. Only reason I clicked this thread was to see how long it took the useless cunt to spout her repetitive and predictable bullshit.

Six posts....stupid is bitch is slipping up.

I know she's just an attention whore looking for reaction, but it gives me an excuse to call her a useless cunt.
      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

This made me very sad. People are often surprised that I am Prince fan, but I can honestly say that I'd struggle to name a more unique talent.
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Stanley apologised for Simmons comments today .
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Satan
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

I'll probably regret asking this, but..... what exactly did Chaim say on the subject?
            Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

“Bowie was the most tragic of all because it was real sickness,” Simmons tells Newsweek. “All the other ones were a choice.” Even Prince? “His drugs killed him. What do you think, he died from a cold?”

But the really funny line from the interview was

at some point my hair and teeth are gonna fall out, at some point you’ll see pathetic Gene Simmons
              He sees that every morning in the mirror.

Comment

• Satan
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

I suspect when the whole story of Prince's death comes out, the net cause of his death will be his religious beliefs. If indeed he was on prescription drugs, due to chronic pain, which could have been lessened via surgery, but he opted out of the surgery because of the possibility that blood transfusions might have been involved.

Ironically, Jehova's Witnesses don't believe in Hell, but in the end, that belief didn't help him much either. He's still here.

Comment

• Satan
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

As far as Gene goes, I thought his actual hair fell out decades ago? Most of it, anyway.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Satan
                    I suspect when the whole story of Prince's death comes out, the net cause of his death will be his religious beliefs.
                    I don't remember what FB page or site it was, but there was an article saying Prince didn't die of an overdose, but of chronic pain. I thought Wendy and Lisa shared it on their page but I just looked and didn't see it.

Sirius' tribute channel still going, now they've started playing cuts from the Black Album. I heard three songs from it yesterday. Still, nothing I don't already have, but fun to hear randomly pop up.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Edwards3rdWife
                      Groupie
                      • May 2013

Prince and Sheila E. burning it down
                      I'm not conceited. Conceit is a fault, and I have no faults - DLR

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

http://europe.newsweek.com/gene-simm...-killed-457851

But the really funny line from the interview was

He sees that every morning in the mirror.
                        His hair has been failing for a while now...

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by binnie
                          This made me very sad. People are often surprised that I am Prince fan, but I can honestly say that I'd struggle to name a more unique talent.
                          Jimi Hendrix. He was out there, but not the arrogant little prick Prince was.

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Hendrix didn't live long enough for his arrogant prickiness to come out.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                              Jimi Hendrix. He was out there, but not the arrogant little prick Prince was.
                              It's a bit troubling when you realize that most rockstars are cunts and that's probably why they got the job.

Fortunately you usually only get that when you are a bit older and have moved on from fan(atic) to just enjoying the work.

Do you care more about whether your heart surgeon is a prick at home or if he is good at his job?

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

It's a bit troubling when you realize that most rockstars are cunts and that's probably why they got the job.

Fortunately you usually only get that when you are a bit older and have moved on from fan(atic) to just enjoying the work.

Do you care more about whether your heart surgeon is a prick at home or if he is good at his job?
                                I think you hit the nail on the head in terms of getting older and moving on from fan/fanatic/idol worship to realizing these rock stars are just people playing music, and even when the music is exceptional, those playing it in the end are still just people.

Some one once wrote that celebrity worship in America is something along the lines of the "see the living crocodile!" syndrome, where the general public seemingly doesn't think that celebrities do normal things like go to the bathroom, or have bad days, or have problems like non-celebrities/"regular people" do.

I mean, personally, I don't even want to KNOW what my heart surgeon does at home (or what his political/religious/sexual beliefs are) as long as he is competent when he has me opened up on the operating table. Prince seemingly lived a life that was admittedly not once I have lived, but it's not surprising to have seen himself self-cocooned and surrounded by a bunch of people who never said the word "no" to him because he was paying their salaries. Such was his charisma, I guess. I suppose so many people treated Prince like he was god-like for so long that he seemingly started buying into that hype himself. He wouldn't be the first celebrity to fall for their own hype, probably won't be the last.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...