formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Yeah I read there were two, one with more crowd sound than the other.

I may need to beg a copy at some point if that's ok...
    I got to work and remembered how we did the radio shows...check there later.

Notes from the Sabotage Records version:

Which brings us to Disc 3 and the extraordinary 29th (am) August aftershow - short in length, but the best aftershow of the entire London stay. The recording is superior to the O2verload release '...For Your Memories - 21 Nights In London Vol. 12', which wasn't too hard a task as the O2verload recording wasn't exactly great, so that in itself is a major bonus. Again, the audience are noticeable and audible throughout the entire recording, and whilst they are in the background and in no way overpowering or detrimental, they are rather loud and vocal in parts (hey - it's allowed).

If I were allow myself "complaints" about the recording, it would be these ; the opening 'Thank You For Talking To Me Africa' is rather thin and the sound appears to be mono in parts with the balance between L & R not being evened-out correctly - my other bitch is that the audience interludes have been left intact, and whilst this isn't normally a big deal, 6 or 7 minutes of crowd whooping, dog barking and people whistling begins to get on my tits after a few minutes. That said, I'm just happy this recording exists, so pay no attention to my harsh criticism.

The less I say about the show itself the better, as words really don't do it justice, but this is really a rather special concert and anyone in attendance should count themselves extremely lucky indeed. 'Calhoun Square', 'Chaos And Disorder', 'I Like It There', 'All Shook Up' and 'Elephants And Flowers' from this performance are the stuff of dreams, with the ferocity of the closing 'Guitar' being a fitting end to an unusual, unique and sublime show.

The release ends with 'Suga Mama' taken from the NPG's 26th (am) August show with the remainder of the show spread across various other chapters.

As with the content of the discs, the accompanying artwork and packaging are of a very high standard with a 12 page booklet detailing Prince current band and including some rather sexy pictures - all pure eye-candy, but a pleasure to look at, and rivalling anything Sabotage have done before. On it's own this is an extremely good release simply down to the excellent source recordings used, however as part of the complete "The Indigo Chronicles" box set it's an unmissable release. (thedatabank)
    I have the O2verload version as well.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 04-23-2016 at 06:43 AM.

Thread Information