• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Brown Mark on bass.

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Wendy is playing the same type Strat I have. Early 70's in Olympic White. She played rhythm guitar with a Rickenbacker but with Prince gone she's probably having to play lead. I notice she's got a trusty Hoffner Tele up there. Wonder if that's one of Price's guitars? It's exactly what he used to play.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Pretty sure it is one of Prince's Hofners.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Okay, so I didn't know this band hasn't been the dead douchebags band since 1987. I still don't understand why anybody would go see them. Their singer is DEAD. Were they doing these tours before the dead douchebag died? Or is this a cash grab, that mindless fools are contributing too? Is it even the original band?

I'm surprised other dead singers bands aren't doing this. If it's this easy to get fools to throw their money away, why wouldn't more do it? Where's Elvis' (the real Elvis, not ours) band? Where's Whitney's band?

I bet you fuckers can't wait for Springsteen to croak, so you can go see some semblance of the E Street Band perform without him!

Refuckingtarded.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Balcony at House Of Blues sold out in presale. I'll be on the floor, tickets acquired.

And I don't like Springsteen!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
              Okay, so I didn't know this band hasn't been the dead douchebags band since 1987. I still don't understand why anybody would go see them. Their singer is DEAD. Were they doing these tours before the dead douchebag died? Or is this a cash grab, that mindless fools are contributing too? Is it even the original band?

I'm surprised other dead singers bands aren't doing this. If it's this easy to get fools to throw their money away, why wouldn't more do it? Where's Elvis' (the real Elvis, not ours) band? Where's Whitney's band?

I bet you fuckers can't wait for Springsteen to croak, so you can go see some semblance of the E Street Band perform without him!

Refuckingtarded.
              All it means is the dead guy's band didn't have jobs that were that great to where they all could get together and grab some cash from some ass wipe Prince worshippers on the road. If it pays off, they will expand the tour.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Wendy and Lisa do soundtrack work, they won an Emmy for the theme for Showtime's Nurse Jackie.

Not sure what the other guys do.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Maybe they hated doing the soundtrack work. Stewart Copeland did well in it but bailed later saying the whole Hollywood system sucks. Wendy and Lisa were at some seminar at USC and they really didn't seem all that enthused about what they were doing in Hollywood. Maybe they are just waxing nostalgic and want to be on the road again. Who knows. Anyways the tour schedule is there for those who give a rat's behind.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Tour might be done in time to keep up the soundtrack work. Wendy says they couldn't do the tribute show in MPLS because they were working on the music for a series.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Well the thing about that soundtrack stuff is even if you are known to do go work when the producer wants the music they want it when they want it and if you aren't available they find someone else and that's easy. In short, you are easily replaced even if you are good.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen

This is nothing new - Queen? INXS? AC/DC?

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          I was glad when INXS got rid of JD Fortune. Watched the show, didn't like that guy from the get go.

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Yip ,Bon Scott was a poor replacement
                            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Really?

I wouldn't know an INXS song if it came on the radio. Nor do I know anything about that band, or what they've done.

Queen? They were doing this within a year of Mercury dying?

AC/DC? You are really comparing this fraud of a tour capitalizing on an individuals (Prince) music to what AC/DC did after Bon Scott died? Really? AC/DC didn't almost immediately go back into the studio and record an album of all original material? Did AC/DC go on tour promoting and playing primarily Bon Scott era material, simply to capitalize from it?

Wow. Next you'll be telling us VH did the exact same thing too, when Dave left.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                                I was glad when INXS got rid of JD Fortune. Watched the show, didn't like that guy from the get go.
                                Yeah, they should have gone with Ty Taylor instead. Better singer than JD by far.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...