Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I thought Prince was perfect? What? He OD'd?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Comment

• Angel
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
      I thought Prince was perfect? What? He OD'd?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!
      You are such a cunt...

:p
      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Satan
        Well, it seems that the toxicology report has been released, and that the cause of death was a Fentanyl overdose. Most likely this was also the cause of the earlier episode where his plane had to make an emergency landing.

I wasn't aware you could even get Fentanyl at the corner pharmacy. Thought that was strictly a "hospital only, under strict medical supervision" kind of drug. I suspect somebody's going to be arrested for this one....

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...rdose-20160602
        Faintonull is said to be 80 times as powerful as morphine as an painkiller. It's closely controlled in most countries and considered as narcotic.
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
          Faintonull is said to be 80 times as powerful as morphine as an painkiller. It's closely controlled in most countries and considered as narcotic.
          Yeah and I'd bet Prince had more than one doctor prescribing it. Which probably ain't gonna end well for him/her either.
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Apparently the prescription was written in somebody else's name. They haven't said whose name yet

Prince was known for using aliases in his professional career, usually to avoid legal hassles with Warner Brothers, when he was working with other artists (often signed to other labels). So it's certainly within the realm of possibility that he would have made up an alias for prescription drugs, considering everybody who worked at the local pharmacy would know damn well who "Prince Rogers Nelson" or "Prince Nelson" or even "Roger Nelson" was, if those names had turned up on a prescription label.

Or it could be the doctor who wrote the prescription in his own name. I would think a drug as powerful as Fentanyl would be even harder to get than the typical prescription pain pills. I honestly didn't even think you could get it outside of a hospital before now.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD

I would think a drug as powerful as Fentanyl would be even harder to get than the typical prescription pain pills. I honestly didn't even think you could get it outside of a hospital before now.
              You left out the possibility someone stole the drugs from a hospital that were there for a current patient. But you'd think they'd have the sense to put them in another container or at least get rid of the label before selling them so they couldn't be traced back to the source so easily.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• Whorehey
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2012

I have a buddy who was prescribed Fentanyl in a patch after a partial foot amputation (diabetes). I tried it. Once. Wasn't for me. Too much dope. And I cut the fucker in half...
                'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Whorehey is right - Fentanyl is prescribed for conditions other than cancer and can be purchased at a pharmacy. In my line of work I have three insurers who are currently using the patch for things unrelated to cancer, which is the most common use. One is using it due to pain from injuries in a car accident, one for a serious knee condition, and the other is some sort of hip condition, coincidentally. And since I'm talking about people who use their health insurance to purchase it, a medical necessity review has to be done before their plans will cover it. However, it would be extremely unlikely any relatively healthy person who is obviously ambulatory and can perform frigggin marathon concerts that last until three in the morning would be prescribed this medication. Ever. If you're in the kind of pain this stuff is used to treat - you ain't dancing the nite away. So whoever was writing the prescriptions was waaay off the reservation. And I'm not aware of ANY off label use for this medication so it's not like it would be prescribed for anything other than debilitating pain.

Comment

• Whorehey
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                    Whorehey is right - Fentanyl is prescribed for conditions other than cancer and can be purchased at a pharmacy. In my line of work I have three insurers who are currently using the patch for things unrelated to cancer, which is the most common use. One is using it due to pain from injuries in a car accident, one for a serious knee condition, and the other is some sort of hip condition, coincidentally. And since I'm talking about people who use their health insurance to purchase it, a medical necessity review has to be done before their plans will cover it. However, it would be extremely unlikely any relatively healthy person who is obviously ambulatory and can perform frigggin marathon concerts that last until three in the morning would be prescribed this medication. Ever. If you're in the kind of pain this stuff is used to treat - you ain't dancing the nite away. So whoever was writing the prescriptions was waaay off the reservation. And I'm not aware of ANY off label use for this medication so it's not like it would be prescribed for anything other than debilitating pain.
                    That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on this site...
                    'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Whorehey
                      That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on this site...
                      What? That you're right? Lol, post more

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Would like to say my fav prince tune but it can change as these things do , but definitely one of my favourite .
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Now that's a fuckin rock show!! Ed should watch some of these videos, see how it's done. OBC might even learn a thing or two.

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                              Would like to say my fav prince tune but it can change as these things do , but definitely one of my favourite .
                              Probably his last good album. Just about anything after it has more misses than hits.
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Exciting time to be a Prince fan, a motherlode of new stuff coming online now.

Comment

Working...