X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I read an article on the Star Tribune site that says the administrator of the estate is aware of the bootlegging:

Finally, Bremer needs to negotiate a larger class of commitments and contracts that have to do with Prince’s intellectual property. Peterson said time is of the essence.

“There is ongoing bootlegging going on,” he said, adding that the music world needs to know that Bremer Trust is monitoring that.
    I hit the torrents pretty hard the first few weeks after Prince's death, but haven't checked for anything I don't already have since. Maybe I'll look again this week.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I didn't mean to make out I had inside info, you are far more on top of this than me, I'm very much a casual fan.

I'm thinking more of the people out there I know who would never go near a torrent but are now seeing new stuff on YouTube or whatever.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

"There is ongoing bootlegging going on"...

Jesus Christ, can no one string a fucking sentence together anymore?
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If Jesus Christ strung that sentence together, it would probably be something like "And henceforth there was much bootlegging amongst the disciples of Prince, and verily the number of available recordings did multiply greatly amongst the purple flock"
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD
            If Jesus Christ strung that sentence together, it would probably be something like "And henceforth there was much bootlegging amongst the disciples of Prince, and verily the number of available recordings did multiply greatly amongst the purple flock"
            And He looked upon the available recordings and He said they were good enough...
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
              "There is ongoing bootlegging going on"...

Jesus Christ, can no one string a fucking sentence together anymore?
              Might have been one of the lawyers...

The trust in charge of Prince's assets says speed and expertise are needed to maximize the estate's value.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Dave Rusan: Building Prince’s Cloud Guitar

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Prince's 'Purple Rain' Reissue Packed With Unreleased Music, Concert Films

Two albums of unearthed songs from Prince's vaults and two complete concerts to accompany remastered 1984 masterpiece

With Prince's music on the verge of returning to all streaming services, Warner Bros. Records announced Sunday that the long-awaited reissue of the 1984 classic Purple Rain will arrive this June packed with previously unreleased music and concert films from the Paisley Park vault.

The Purple Rain reissue, the first posthumous Prince release since the Prince 4Ever compilation featuring the unearthed "Moonbeam Levels" arrived in November, is due out June 9th.

The reissue pairs the newly remastered Purple Rain with "two incredible albums of previously unreleased Prince music and two complete concert films." The exact contents of that bonus material have not yet been announced.

"When we make any of Prince’s music available to fans - from the hits to unreleased gems - we are committed to upholding Prince’s high creative standards and we know fans will be thrilled when they hear these albums and see these films," Warner Bros. Records CEO Cameron Strang said in a statement.

After 18 months as a Tidal exclusive, Prince's catalog will return to all digital music services by the time the Grammys air, Warner Bros. Records stated, with the music starting to appear on streaming services as early as noon Sunday. On Sunday night, the Grammys will pay tribute to Prince with a special musical performance.

"Prince recorded his most influential and popular music during his time with Warner Bros. and we are deeply aware of our responsibility to safeguard and nurture his incredible legacy," Strang continued. "Warner Bros. is thrilled to be able to bring Prince’s music to his millions of fans around the world via streaming services, fittingly on music's biggest night."

Warner Bros. announced Sunday that Prince's 'Purple Rain' reissue will arrive this June packed with previously unreleased music and concert films.

One concert film will likely be the Prince and the Revolution: LIVE show that was filmed in Syracuse in March of 1985, about a week before the end of the Purple Rain tour. Not sure what the other could be, maybe a show earlier in the tour, or the one that the MTV clip of I Would Die 4 U and Baby I'm A Star came from. The extra music could be the actual score by Michel Columbier. Most of that stuff has been released on bootleg, I think it's part of the Purple Rush set. And probably the Dez Dickerson, the Time, and Apollonia 6 tracks that aren't on the Purple Rain album.

There's a complete Lovesexy live video out there that might have been released on VHS and not since, that would be a good one to see released.

And speaking of the Time...they were grate on the Grammys. Always too short a set though. I really doubt Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis will give up producing to go on tour.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                    With Prince's music on the verge of returning to all streaming services, Warner Bros. Records announced Sunday that the long-awaited reissue of the 1984 classic Purple Rain will arrive this June packed with previously unreleased music and concert films from the Paisley Park vault.
                    How are they selling this? - The 'It's what he would have wanted boxset'

Lawyers are going to be using him as a scare story for people not having proper wills...

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

well the whole stunt with Prince changing his name to the dumb symbol was all part of a extended legal battle against Warner Brothers, so I would hope that in the middle of that he managed to secure his own catalog. Of course that doesn't answer the question of what happens since he's gone on to Jehova's big purple palace in the sky. Did they eventually settle the estate issues between all the various siblings, half-siblings, and step-siblings who came out of the woodwork just in time for the funeral?
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

This is a travesty. Warner Brothers already robbing his grave knowing that no one will fight them in court. You buy this shit then you're an asshole.

Unless, of course, they chug out a decent remaster of Sign O' The Times.

Sorry, slave SESH should read...then YOUR an asshole.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Kristy

Sorry, slave SESH should read...then YOUR an asshole.
                          I have no idea if this refers to me using the wrong version of 'you're' in a post somewhere or you being upset that I mentioned one of yours. What I will say is that either way you clearly don't realise just how many typos/grammatical errors you routinely make. People only mention around 10% of them because it would be so dull to do it every time.

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Well, let's raise thft number.

...for YOU'RE benefit, of course.

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                              This is a travesty. Warner Brothers already robbing his grave knowing that no one will fight them in court. You buy this shit then you're an asshole.

Unless, of course, they chug out a decent remaster of Sign O' The Times.
                              Album, or movie? Maybe they'd remaster the album and release it as a three disc set, as Prince wanted to do in the first place.

Warners doesn't have the rights to the SOTT movie, some other company released it. New Line maybe, I don't remember.
                              Last edited by twonabomber; 02-16-2017, 05:40 AM.

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Or maybe what's known as Makings of Rain. Filmed August 3rd of 1983, it was originally a benefit concert for the Minnestoa Dance Theater. The basic tracks of Computer Blue, I Would Die 4 U, Baby I'm A Star and Purple Rain from this concert were used for the album version.

It's still on YouTube, but with the audio portion muted. Not hard to find if you know where to look.

Setlist
                                Let's Go Crazy
                                When You Were Mine
                                A Case Of You
                                Computer Blue
                                Delirious
                                Electric Intercourse
                                Automatic
                                I Would Die 4 U
                                Baby, I'm A Star
                                Little Red Corvette
                                Purple Rain
                                D.M.S.R.
                                Last edited by twonabomber; 02-16-2017, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Working...