Fuck Prince
      Fuck kristy "insert reason"
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
        Looking at the notes again, I may have two audience recordings. But they're pretty good.
        Yeah I read there were two, one with more crowd sound than the other.

I may need to beg a copy at some point if that's ok...

I hope it's not one of those shows which was way better in the memory but either way it would be a cool keepsake.

To set the scene when you bought the arena ticket there was an option for an extra £20 or so to buy an aftershow ticket at the club. In the majority of cases some or all of his backing bank would play and it stated everywhere there were no guarantees. We talked to everyone and nobody knew if he would show or not, he only did about 4 or 5 times in the run of 21 shows so not great odds. It was a bit of a tough night as we had to wait around not knowing what was going on in the club for about 2 or 3 hours before it all kicked off and I still smoked back then and it wasn't allowed and you couldn't get a re-admisson.
        Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-22-2016, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Satan
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• SunisinuS
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • May 2010

For the Artists that were formally known as Alive.

Originally posted by vandeleur
            Fuck kristy "insert reason"
            For posting a video of someone unknown with only 45 views.....probably from her watching it 44 times. This guy in his Vid is HUGE! Lol there is no "Cosby" revelation here that rockstars did Coke in the 80s.

Fuck Kristy for never doing Coke. We all should do lines off her belly and make her laugh.

I still have never heard a lick of music out of Kristy....a critic should be able to play. Please post something you did creative on an instrument Kristy. We will give you respect if you do.

Until then you are just a Cat without Cream.

Play us ONE SONG Kristy, as you know what they say....People do, and Teachers don't as they can't. School us all on your beautiful compositions on an instrument and with your vocals. Shut us up.

And one of my favorites...if you only listen to one that I posted...listen to Micheal do it...may Mr.Hedges RIP:

Last edited by SunisinuS; 04-23-2016, 03:24 AM. Reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sztAsmgIHGo
            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              Yeah I read there were two, one with more crowd sound than the other.

I may need to beg a copy at some point if that's ok...
              I got to work and remembered how we did the radio shows...check there later.

Notes from the Sabotage Records version:

Which brings us to Disc 3 and the extraordinary 29th (am) August aftershow - short in length, but the best aftershow of the entire London stay. The recording is superior to the O2verload release '...For Your Memories - 21 Nights In London Vol. 12', which wasn't too hard a task as the O2verload recording wasn't exactly great, so that in itself is a major bonus. Again, the audience are noticeable and audible throughout the entire recording, and whilst they are in the background and in no way overpowering or detrimental, they are rather loud and vocal in parts (hey - it's allowed).

If I were allow myself "complaints" about the recording, it would be these ; the opening 'Thank You For Talking To Me Africa' is rather thin and the sound appears to be mono in parts with the balance between L & R not being evened-out correctly - my other bitch is that the audience interludes have been left intact, and whilst this isn't normally a big deal, 6 or 7 minutes of crowd whooping, dog barking and people whistling begins to get on my tits after a few minutes. That said, I'm just happy this recording exists, so pay no attention to my harsh criticism.

The less I say about the show itself the better, as words really don't do it justice, but this is really a rather special concert and anyone in attendance should count themselves extremely lucky indeed. 'Calhoun Square', 'Chaos And Disorder', 'I Like It There', 'All Shook Up' and 'Elephants And Flowers' from this performance are the stuff of dreams, with the ferocity of the closing 'Guitar' being a fitting end to an unusual, unique and sublime show.

The release ends with 'Suga Mama' taken from the NPG's 26th (am) August show with the remainder of the show spread across various other chapters.

As with the content of the discs, the accompanying artwork and packaging are of a very high standard with a 12 page booklet detailing Prince current band and including some rather sexy pictures - all pure eye-candy, but a pleasure to look at, and rivalling anything Sabotage have done before. On it's own this is an extremely good release simply down to the excellent source recordings used, however as part of the complete "The Indigo Chronicles" box set it's an unmissable release. (thedatabank)
              I have the O2verload version as well.
              Last edited by twonabomber; 04-23-2016, 06:43 AM.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Wow I got to see the best show?

The atmosphere was amazing, the thing that Axl always thinks will happen actually did whereby a crowd waiting for ages exploded.

Big difference is that Axl tries it in corporate domes with 20 000 people who have paid a fortune and have babysitters and transport to worry about.

Thanks a lot for the bootleg, I'll check it out tonight and maybe put it up here, it's not like we are going to be sued now.

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

The atmosphere was amazing, the thing that Axl always thinks will happen actually did whereby a crowd waiting for ages exploded.

Big difference is that Axl tries it in corporate domes with 20 000 people who have paid a fortune and have babysitters and transport to worry about.

Thanks a lot for the bootleg, I'll check it out tonight and maybe put it up here, it's not like we are going to be sued now.
                  Posting it here would be popular with some
                  fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                    You should pay society and up and kill yourself.
                    Now that's just mean!

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Can't get the other one to fully upload. I'll try again in the morning.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jetstream
                        Prince was twice the musician Edward Van Halen is... and unlike Ed, he really does have a vault of actual songs
                        Edward Van Halen is one of my favorite rock guitarists.

However, rock is only one aspect of what you can do with a guitar.

There are guys in Nashville you've never even heard of who can do things within the country genre that on a sheer technical level make Ed look like a piker (and none of these things involve two hands on the fretboard, either).

And Ed is only as good as whoever is singing for him.

Prince all-around was a far more accomplished musician than Ed is. Musically, Ed stopped developing decades ago from what I've heard/what's been released.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

OBC had a really great and short period of creativity and hasn't done jack shit since.
                          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Jetstream
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Satan
                            Badass cover, his "Crimson and Clover" version was pretty exceptional too
                            I got lost in the...

Comment

• Jetstream
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Terry
                              Edward Van Halen is one of my favorite rock guitarists.

However, rock is only one aspect of what you can do with a guitar.

There are guys in Nashville you've never even heard of who can do things within the country genre that on a sheer technical level make Ed look like a piker (and none of these things involve two hands on the fretboard, either).

And Ed is only as good as whoever is singing for him.

Prince all-around was a far more accomplished musician than Ed is. Musically, Ed stopped developing decades ago from what I've heard/what's been released.
                              What you stated reminds me of the musical prowess of Steve Earle
                              I got lost in the...

Comment

• Satan
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                                I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

Working...