Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

I liked Prince. I wish I could find that Mtv performance he did back in the day when he played I Would Die For You/Baby I'm A Star where he was up on top of the piano and stuff. Pretty awesome performance.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Angel
      And you're a cunt, a big cunt, and a super cunt. In any order you choose...
      This is why social work is a loser's profession.

Sooner or later, they all lose it.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

And this didn't take too long

Comment

• Satan
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

So Alex Jones thinks the BCE killed Merle AND Prince??
          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's a great business model talking complete shit all day in order to sell pills promising to make your audience cleverer.

The people stupid enough to watch are exactly the same kind of people who will buy snake oil.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Satan
              So Alex Jones thinks the BCE killed Merle AND Prince??
              Using water vapour 30 000 feet away.

Prince believed in the Jehovahs Witness cult which is a ludicrous religion. In comparison to that the chemtrails conspiracy nonsense is an easy pill to swallow.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

First time I saw and heard Prince was the same night videos for Zep's Song Remains the Same debutted on one of those late night rock video shows that pre dated MTV. He looked like he was channeling Hendrix with his look but played funky guitar while singing falsetto. Not a great first impression IMO. He made a shitload of money but not off me. Still sorry to hear he died. RIP Purple Rain man.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• jacksmar
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

It’s a real shame about Prince. He was supposed to receive a lifetime achievement award but I suppose they could give it to;

The artist formerly known as prince…..
                  A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                    Please, bitch.

Gene Simmons writes shit songs that center on two subjects:

1. His dick

2. His ego

Sometimes he combined the two but what's the difference?
                    Fixed that for ya, Kris.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Kev smith has a very interesting story about him storing up video's of unreleased songs by famous directors.
                      So we have years of litigation a head of us unless he sorted that out.
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

And I never got how he was ridiculed for the slave thing.
                        I get he was rich blah blah blah but an artist wanting to release stuff when he wanted and supposedly it was a case of I don't want to do the album tour cycle I want to release all this stuff " bag of albums put on the desk"
                        I kind of like that idea it's like he was an artist or he was creative in some way..... Just saying.

I think his flakeyness helped the industry a bit .... God forbid other people wanted to follow his idea that record companies execs weren't the creative force.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
                          Kev smith has a very interesting story about him storing up video's of unreleased songs by famous directors.
                          So we have years of litigation a head of us unless he sorted that out.
                          Yeah the Kevin Smith thing really gives a view behind the curtain of how eccentric Prince was.

Comment

• Satan
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Almost zero actual Prince songs on YouTube, so had to go with the cover version......

Last edited by Satan; 04-21-2016, 08:23 PM.
                            Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                              And I never got how he was ridiculed for the slave thing.
                              I get he was rich blah blah blah but an artist wanting to release stuff when he wanted and supposedly it was a case of I don't want to do the album tour cycle I want to release all this stuff " bag of albums put on the desk"
                              I kind of like that idea it's like he was an artist or he was creative in some way..... Just saying.
                              The "slave thing" - god I get so sick of that crap. Slave this, slave that. Just like NBA players are "slaves". Ok, I give up - sign me up for some of that slavery right now. I'll go home and cry on a stack of money, whores, and coke lol.

Ok, in all seriousness. I dug Prince making a stand and telling other up and coming artists to not sign with the record companies. He was right about how most artists get butt fucked by the record companies. Just look at VH's original deal. Hell, it took Slappy of all people to get those guys making some real damn money. Look at all the old groups and the deals they had - they weren't making jack shit. And these were bands and guys writing their own songs and playing the instruments. So yeah, a lot of them got fuckee fuckeed.

Now I do understand that the record business has to spread the risk around so yeah you're kinda gonna get fucked no matter what. They shell out all the money and do all the promotion and basically everything and the talent just shows up. So I get that the band's can't all have sweetheart deals from day one. But they should be making more than a lot of them do and have more control over their material and schedules.

Then again, if you don't like it there's always The Walmart...
                              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

I think donnie it's different if you actually have a slave

Comment

Working...