No announcement yet.

Prince is dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruce Springsteen sucks and he's unattractive. And I still can't remember which song he had that was good...
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
      Prince all-around was a far more accomplished musician than Ed is.
      This is quite true for the moment. Prince does have one major accomplishment Eddie hasn't achieved yet...

That miraculous transformation from creepy, weirdo recluse to saintly genius brought on by death...

Ed will catch up... count on it...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Originally posted by DONNIEP View Post
        Bruce Springsteen sucks and he's unattractive. And I still can't remember which song he had that was good...

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Originally posted by ZahZoo View Post
          This is quite true for the moment. Prince does have one major accomplishment Eddie hasn't achieved yet...

That miraculous transformation from creepy, weirdo recluse to saintly genius brought on by death...

Ed will catch up... count on it...
          If one's creative life was a marathon race, Ed made it about 10 miles and fell in a ditch while Prince in comparison has ran the race three times over while Ed has been in that ditch. Prince was internationally known and played all over the world on a frequent basis, while Ed has to be kicking and screaming to leave the United States. As mentioned, Prince actually does have a vault of completed songs while all Ed has proven is that he has vault of assorted tapes of odd noises. Forget the vault, just look at the material released. Prince mastered over 10 instruments and could sing with amazing range with a voice you could not confuse with anyone else, Ed's only venture into that is "How Many Say I" and it was only one and very bad. His persona and character goes way past Ed standing there with his latest stripes on his guitar playing that same damn eruption solo. When Ed dies it will be noted but he will not be mourned across the world like Prince. Prince is like if there was one person which combined Dave and Ed and with a hell of a lot more material and then throw in Freddie Mercury and Stevie Wonder into the persona. You will have the dying rock community post tributes at Ed's death while a cross over artist like Prince now has every dang genre in respect and admiration... there are a lot of great musicians who could not run a race with an exception like Prince and Ed dropped out of that race a long time ago
          Last edited by Jetstream; 04-24-2016, 10:48 AM.
          I got lost in the...

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
            Edward Van Halen is one of my favorite rock guitarists.

However, rock is only one aspect of what you can do with a guitar.

There are guys in Nashville you've never even heard of who can do things within the country genre that on a sheer technical level make Ed look like a piker (and none of these things involve two hands on the fretboard, either).

And Ed is only as good as whoever is singing for him.

Prince all-around was a far more accomplished musician than Ed is. Musically, Ed stopped developing decades ago from what I've heard/what's been released.
            You're a bit harsh here IMO, Terry. I mean, maybe your judgement about EVH is right, but to me Prince is way overrated in this thread. I've never felt overwhelmed while listening to his stuff, but rather like in a lousy nightclub on bad weed or adulterated alcohol and, mostly, bored. I'm not saying I'm right, but what I think about Prince's work.
            And good on him if he really made those hot chicks feel over the moon like you see some during his Honky Tonk Women version that is just saturated, and partly off-beat guitar.

Anyway, that's often how it goes when a big one passes away.
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

That said, while I think Prince wasn't a musical genius, I can give no example of one over the last 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise View Post
                That said, while I think Prince wasn't a musical genius, I can give no example of one over the last 30 years.
                There can be only one...and he is Wolfgang Van Halen of the clan Van Halen. Musical genius, the voice of a generation, and just like Jesus he raised somebody from the dead. All while playing video games and devouring buffets all across the land.

Comment

Originally posted by Satan View Post
                  That was horrible. And I think the electric geetar player was actually having a seizure. Well, at least he ain't coming here to sing his shitty songs about being poor and stoopid. And I don't even think Bruce's geetar is even plugged in.

Comment

Genius is a fucked up word to throw about but we can all agree he wasn't a lazy fucker
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Originally posted by DONNIEP View Post
                      That was horrible. And I think the electric geetar player was actually having a seizure. Well, at least he ain't coming here to sing his shitty songs about being poor and stoopid. And I don't even think Bruce's geetar is even plugged in.
                      Fucking hell , he gets a triangle for Christmas and now he is Steve vai

Comment

• Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise View Post

Ok, this was worth suffering through just for the geetar player. Slappy should fire Vic and hire that guy.

Comment

• If this isn't the epitome of stoopid I don't know what is:

This guy looks so stoopid he couldn't even get a job at The Walmart.

Comment

• And what's up with the drummer? They can afford to have 37 people on stage and he gets a starter kit from Toys R Us?

Comment

• Originally posted by vandeleur View Post
                              Fucking hell , he gets a triangle for Christmas and now he is Steve vai
                              I was expecting him to set his geetar on fire after that. So everybody knows just how awesome he is, just in case literally butt fucking his geetar didn't get the point across.

Comment

• Originally posted by DONNIEP View Post
                                I was expecting him to set his geetar on fire after that. So everybody knows just how awesome he is, just in case literally butt fucking his geetar didn't get the point across.
                                Ting ting ting

Comment

Working...
                                X