Thread: March 8th - The lost show!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 6,024 Posts

Last edited by twonabomber; 05-20-2016 at 04:24 AM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    12-03-2023 @ 11:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks

The 4 links are broken
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-12-2020 @ 04:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks

in the mean time

This was put up last year, looks like around the time Dave sang with the Foo Fighters. Not the whole radio show, but from the 8th of March 2006.

https://vimeo.com/117556201

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fixed now - there is a story behind this episode I can't remember. Something like it wasn't put up by CBS on their website?

Twona may remember...

5. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Vuelto Loco! (04-25-2016)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,494 Times in 1,610 Posts

March 8th was the "lost" Roth Radio show. The one day I didn't record it live...someone contacted us at DDLR and provided the recording.

Post By: Hellraiser! on March 08, 2006, 07:43:44 AM
    It´s wednesday, baby! Come on Dave, let´s talk about boobs!

Post By: hambon4lif on March 08, 2006, 09:14:35 AM
    As if Dave napalming Chiusano and CBS isn't enough to make todays show the best yet, here comes Tha' NUGE!!!

Post By: Mr Walker on March 08, 2006, 09:49:27 AM
    Dave is full of piss and vinegar this morning.
    Very interesting.

Post By: Phil the Stalker on March 08, 2006, 10:22:04 AM
    Strumming Wit Da DEVIL![/B]

Post By: hambon4lif on March 08, 2006, 10:27:30 AM
    Quote from: Mr Walker
    Dave is full of piss and vinegar this morning.
    Very interesting.
    Abso-fuckin-total-lutely!!
    More Attitude than most can handle!

I've been pumping my fist in the air and screaming "FUCK YEAH!!" at the top of my lungs all morning!

Post By: ZahZoo on March 08, 2006, 10:29:33 AM
    Dave says he spent $40,000 of his own money on new microphones for the radio studio.

Funny claims the program director is on his ass and tha within a week the lawyers will be involved. He claiming they want him to do a Stern show and he ain't going there.

Holy shit... he's bashing Chernoff left and right now.

Post By: Mr Walker on March 08, 2006, 10:36:14 AM
    I wonder if this is their hidden agenda.
    Stern built his career on wars with managment... maybe they think it will work for Dave.
    Of course it won't, because managment ain't that bright over there.

Post By: Rjohn10538 on March 08, 2006, 10:40:34 AM
    Quote from: Mr Walker
    I wonder if this is their hidden agenda.
    Stern built his career on wars with managment... maybe they think it will work for Dave.
    Of course it won't, because managment ain't that bright over there.

That was my original thought. He keeps repeating the same stuff. It kind of sounds forced to me.

Ted N has been and always will be a great interview.

Post By: Rjohn10538 on March 08, 2006, 10:46:48 AM
    Dave does not do as good a job of busting on Tom as Stern. Making Tom C sound stupid has been done to death.

Post By: ZahZoo on March 08, 2006, 11:13:05 AM
    The next show is talking about Dave and his comments today. They are being supportive saying it's Free-FM and they shouldn't be talking "programing". Dave's a different deal from Stern and they should let the ratings do the talking.

Post By: damngoodtimes on March 08, 2006, 11:29:52 PM
    The podcasts for today aren't up yet. I don't recall it taking until this late in the day before.

coincidence?

Post By: Seshmeister on March 08, 2006, 11:40:56 PM
    I don't think they will go up.

Post By: damngoodtimes on March 09, 2006, 12:03:49 AM
    do you think they'll let Dave in the front door in the morning?

Post By: High Life Man on March 09, 2006, 12:44:04 AM
    Quote from: Seshmeister
    I don't think they will go up.

Why's that?

They're still not up.

Post By: njbill on March 09, 2006, 12:55:40 AM
    Quote from: ZahZoo
    The next show is talking about Dave and his comments today. They are being supportive saying it's Free-FM and they shouldn't be talking "programing". Dave's a different deal from Stern and they should let the ratings do the talking.

This sthick is starting to sound staged. Kidd Chris was saying the same shit today.

Post By: jabbo on March 09, 2006, 03:09:55 AM
    did they post podcasts of the full show? I know the freefm website has the snippets, but we've been getting the full show here. I did not see it.

Post By: Seshmeister on March 09, 2006, 08:59:59 AM
    Nope. The station pulled them because Roth was criticising them on the air yesterday.

From hearing some of todays show I don't think it will be put up either.

Post By: jabbo on March 09, 2006, 12:02:15 PM
    That sucks. Living in Michigan, we don't get Dave's show, so the podcasts are cool

Post By: degüello on March 09, 2006, 12:10:11 PM
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Roth airs wrath after bosses' Stern lecture

By DAVID HINCKLEY
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

(http://www.nydailynews.com/ips_rich_...vidleeroth.JPG)

WFNY jock David Lee Roth called his bosses, among other things, 'beige baby-food sissies.'

Morning host David Lee Roth of WFNY (92.3 FM) spent four hours yesterday telling his bosses where they could stick their ideas for improving his low-rated show.

"They want me to copy Howard [Stern]," Roth said. "But I refuse to regiment this show. ... I told them I would quit if they will not let me do what I was hired to do, which is create something unique."

He referred to station manager Tom Chiusano and programming vice president Mark Chernoff, who met with him Tuesday, in terms that included "social retards," "beige baby-food sissies," "stooge" and "an ugly little dysfunctional worm."

He said they told him he should appeal to "a 35-year-old white male who likes Lynyrd Skynyrd" and asked him to stop using "foreign" and "ethnic" music for soundbeds.

He called that notion "racist," saying, "This show isn't designed for a demographic. It's for everyone."

This was hardly the first time Chiusano and Chernoff, who have worked for years with Stern and Don Imus, have been used as punching bags by their air talent.

"We are involved with all of our talent in working on their programs," a CBS Radio spokeswoman said.

The question is whether they will take as much from a fledgling host as they have from veterans earning millions of dollars for the company.

Officials at WFNY's parent, CBS, privately expressed concern with some of Roth's remarks.

Roth said he was told he will soon have a female newscaster who will read stories he can comment on.

"That's Robin Quivers," he said. "But there's only one Robin Quivers. Just like there's only one Howard and only one David Lee Roth."

He conceded that for his first four weeks, during which time his ratings took a steep plunge from Stern's levels, "I was like a fish flopping around at the end of a stick."

But he said he's a quick study and quoted Stern's comment to Sean Hannity on The Fox News Channel that a new show can't be judged for "15-20 months."

"Howard took his old audience," said Roth. "We're after a new one."

Ironically, Roth's rebellious rage yesterday drew on the same technique Stern has used for years: vilifying the boss as a means of bonding with every listener who has ever thought his or her own boss is an ugly little dysfunctional worm.

At the end of the show, Roth said, "I hope I'll be back tomorrow."

Originally published on March 9, 2006
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source Link (http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-337244c.html)

Post By: Seshmeister on March 09, 2006, 12:14:59 PM
    Quote from: jabbo
    That sucks. Living in Michigan, we don't get Dave's show, so the podcasts are cool

You can still listen live.

Just open Real Player or Media Player on your PC and Open mms://winmedcdn.cbsig.net/infinity_wysp-fm

Cheers!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,494 Times in 1,610 Posts

Post By: 1327 on March 08, 2006, 09:19:31 AM
    From the looks of this board, not many are listining any more.

Please listen to the podcasts later - good shit! Seems Diamond had a mtg. (w/the 'suits'/attnys.) y-day a/noon and they told him to be 'more white', fuck the overseas audience, cut-back on the music, play to the 35-y.o. male demo. and other stuff too numerous to ment.... He claimed he threatened to quit.

DO listen! I think Dave'll make it! YEAH! :spin: Good radio! He's defying them, playing 'black' music, etc...

Post By: STROKE on March 08, 2006, 09:23:44 AM
    I listen as soon as I fill in the holes of the John Boy and Billy Show.

Post By: twonabomber on March 08, 2006, 12:53:09 PM
    i've been DL'ing and listening later, too.

Post By: SpanishFly Guy on March 08, 2006, 01:16:03 PM
    ratings don't lie and that sucks that after 4 weeks they are losing steam.

GUESTS are what he needs!

Post By: twonabomber on March 08, 2006, 02:42:23 PM
    i wonder how many people are downloading. we can tell how many dl's we get, they gotta be able to.

Post By: Von Halen on March 08, 2006, 02:46:18 PM
    They know how many are downloading.

He does need better guests. Not necessarily more famous guests, just better guests.

Post By: SpanishFly Guy on March 08, 2006, 04:20:02 PM
    Quote from: Von Halen
    They know how many are downloading.

He does need better guests. Not necessarily more famous guests, just better guests.

fucking any guest with a good story, he HAS to have a friend or 2 left in the music industry that he can interview. Rollins as cool, but there are a TON more.

Post By: High Life Man on March 08, 2006, 04:42:50 PM
    It's almost 3 o'clock and they STILL haven't posted the podcasts.

Fuckers.

Post By: hambon4lif on March 08, 2006, 05:29:17 PM
    Quote from: High Life Man
    It's almost 3 o'clock and they STILL haven't posted the podcasts.

Fuckers.
    Don't be surprised if it doesn't go podcast at all.

This was his best show to date, and just might be his last.

Seething rage is very becoming Dave!! Those motherfuckers had it coming, and if you're not on tomorrow, at least you went out in style.
    Fuck 'Em All!!!

Post By: Catfish on March 08, 2006, 06:02:44 PM
    Quote from: hambon4lif
    Don't be surprised if it doesn't go podcast at all.

This was his best show to date, and just might be his last.

Seething rage is very becoming Dave!! Those motherfuckers had it coming, and if you're not on tomorrow, at least you went out in style.
    Fuck 'Em All!!!

Can you give some examples of the shit DLR said today, Manbone4lif?

Post By: Seshmeister on March 08, 2006, 06:20:33 PM
    Still no sign of the podcasts.

Fuck!

Post By: Catfish on March 08, 2006, 06:25:51 PM
    I take it they don't want to rebroadcast Roth tearing the shit out of them, then?

Post By: hambon4lif on March 08, 2006, 06:34:52 PM
    Quote from: Catfish
    Oh fuck yeah I can! I can still feel the hate running through my veins!!

Apparently, Roth was in a board meeting with Chiusano, Chernoff, and the rest of the dumbfucks at CBS, and came at him whining about his ratings, how he's not being 'white enough', how he should behave, what role his staff should play, how he should play stuff like Lynyrd Skynyrd instead of Mother's Finest and everything else you've been hearing on the loops. They told him he should appeal to the 35-year-old male demographic and that everyone else was pretty much irrelevant.
    They basically asked him to dance. This was an attempt to homogenize RothRadio, and today Dave pulled no punches as far as explaining just how he felt about it. Everyone of them fucks at CBS were under Roths hammer today, and he didn't show any mercy.
    There were people in todays Listening Thread questioning whether or not this was forced, how it was fabricated....
    Let me clue everyone reading this on something...when a Jewish person threatens to quit his job, walk across the street and willing to accept the same job for half the money, it would be a good idea to pay attention and see that as genuine anger. This ain't WWE, it isn't a fucking movie, this is real life.

I've never heard him go off with such venom as I did today, and I'm more of a fan of his than I was yesterday (if that's even possible). It was Dave in his "FUCK YOU, WE DO WHAT WE WANT" glory, and if this is his last show (at CBS) then that was one helluva way to go!

ROTH'N'ROLL MUTHAFUCKAS!!!!!

Post By: njbill on March 08, 2006, 06:35:50 PM
    Kidd Chris even said it was entertaining, I didnt hear it first hand, but apparently the powers that be want him to completely change the show.

Post By: Seshmeister on March 08, 2006, 06:46:29 PM
    Quote from: hambon4lif
    Oh fuck yeah I can! I can still feel the hate running through my veins!!

Apparently, Roth was in a board meeting with Chiusano, Chernoff, and the rest of the dumbfucks at CBS, and came at him whining about his ratings, how he's not being 'white enough', how he should behave, what role his staff should play, how he should play stuff like Lynyrd Skynyrd instead of Mother's Finest and everything else you've been hearing on the loops. They told him he should appeal to the 35-year-old male demographic and that everyone else was pretty much irrelevant.
    They basically asked him to dance. This was an attempt to homogenize RothRadio, and today Dave pulled no punches as far as explaining just how he felt about it. Everyone of them fucks at CBS were under Roths hammer today, and he didn't show any mercy.
    There were people in todays Listening Thread questioning whether or not this was forced, how it was fabricated....
    Let me clue everyone reading this on something...when a Jewish person threatens to quit his job, walk across the street and willing to accept the same job for half the money, it would be a good idea to pay attention and see that as genuine anger. This ain't WWE, it isn't a fucking movie, this is real life.

I've never heard him go off with such venom as I did today, and I'm more of a fan of his than I was yesterday (if that's even possible). It was Dave in his "FUCK YOU, WE DO WHAT WE WANT" glory, and if this is his last show (at CBS) then that was one helluva way to go!

ROTH'N'ROLL MUTHAFUCKAS!!!!!

Well that's all well and good but since Siruis don't do streaming or podcasts then yesterdays show will probably be the last one some of us will hear.

Post By: dirtymovies on March 08, 2006, 06:53:54 PM
    Which segment is the best???

Post By: hambon4lif on March 08, 2006, 06:55:44 PM
    Quote from: Seshmeister
    Well that's all well and good but since Siruis don't do streaming or podcasts then yesterdays show will probably be the last one some of us will hear.
    Then it should be vined, hell, I'd sign up in a mad fucking second! Todays show even dwarfed the one where he was talking about the VH reunion. This one today was it.
    As much as I liked the show, if it ends on this note, then fuck it, I'm happy!

Post By: Catfish on March 08, 2006, 06:58:23 PM
    Someone out there must have taped the fucking thing...

Post By: Catfish on March 08, 2006, 07:00:36 PM
    The only thing on the offical blog today is Dave's interview with Nugent and his interview with Hank Williams III.

Post By: Hellraiser! on March 08, 2006, 07:06:46 PM
    Dammit, I didn´t hear the show today!!!

Post By: twonabomber on March 08, 2006, 07:39:57 PM
    and i quit recording it. fuck fuck fuck.

Post By: twonabomber on March 08, 2006, 08:16:25 PM
    it's funny that management wants Dave to be more like Stern, especially after Hollander did that big conference call and said you'd never hear fart jokes on CBS Radio again.

Post By: DONNIEP on March 08, 2006, 08:52:17 PM
    The last 25 minutes was all I caught. If CBS doesn't cut him loose I'll be surprised. He might as well have pissed on the microphone.

Post By: Hellraiser! on March 08, 2006, 09:00:39 PM
    I am fucking desperate to hear this show!!

Post By: DLRSLAVE on March 08, 2006, 09:00:40 PM
    I Listen faithfully everyday just not live. I was wondering all day as I
    check to see if the show had downloaded. WTF back to FM radio all day
    again? Keep us postd Hambon,twonabomber I need Dave radio!!!!!!!

Post By: Hellraiser! on March 08, 2006, 09:03:25 PM
    That´s it, I think DLR Show is over!

That´s Sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post By: Hellraiser! on March 08, 2006, 09:05:41 PM
    Fuck CBS, Howard Stern....and Sammy Hagar too!!

Post By: twonabomber on March 08, 2006, 09:12:41 PM
    i may have to record tomorrow's show, just in case.

Post By: Seshmeister on March 08, 2006, 09:49:34 PM
    This is very fucking annoying.

I deliberately chose to wait for the advert free podcasts even though I could have listened live, especially after the weak shows Monday/Tuesday...

Post By: Seshmeister on March 08, 2006, 09:50:44 PM
    Quote from: twonabomber
    and i quit recording it. fuck fuck fuck.

Well if he does move we may need your talents big time...

Post By: DONNIEP on March 08, 2006, 10:34:05 PM
    Anybody think Dave is gonna bend a little and give in some? I mean 4 mill is real money. I don't care if you got a few million in the bank, it's still REAL money.

Post By: Seshmeister on March 08, 2006, 10:55:40 PM
    That and his team that have had to relocate.

I never heard the show today but if a bunch of people who do it for a living tell you what you need to do to get ratings you take it under advisement. Maybe do some stuff and not other things.

Roth has spent 20 years surrounded by yes men that's his fucking problem. Sounds like they were just trying to give him advise in how to get our demographic i.e. the mid 30s to mid 40s.

They had already written off the 18-35 year olds that Stern used to get by talking about tits, farting and cocks. TO me that's a compromiise. His show obviously wasn't the finished article, half the people here didn't like it for fuck sake never mind normal people. His ego seems to think that he can rip into the management like Stern used to. Difference is that Stern was making them a ton of money.

Dumb.

Cheers!

Post By: fuckhowardstern on March 08, 2006, 11:19:44 PM
    It is just common sense given the developments of the last two weeks that if Dave valued his job he would be kissing a little corporate ass, if he is even capable.

Could conjuring up or exagerating drama with management been a calculated attempt at publicity? I missed the show as well.

Post By: Mr Walker on March 08, 2006, 11:31:19 PM
    He called his program director Mark Chernoff a worm.

Post By: Mr Walker on March 08, 2006, 11:32:03 PM
    He also said he has a satelite radio at home.

Post By: DONNIEP on March 08, 2006, 11:34:52 PM
    Like I said, all I caught was 20 or 30 minutes of the show. But in 2006 you don't show up for a gig, wing it for a couple weeks, get reeled in by the bosses and pitch a fit and that's that. I'm not saying Dave shouldn't be allowed to do what ever he wants to do. I just don't think he's gonna have his way with this one. If they are bringing in some consultants to polish the show I say he should take it and run with it. But then again I'm not a DJ. So what do I know?

Post By: Seshmeister on March 08, 2006, 11:37:50 PM
    Quote from: fuckhowardstern
    It is just common sense given the developments of the last two weeks that if Dave valued his job he would be kissing a little corporate ass, if he is even capable.

Could conjuring up or exagerating drama with management been a calculated attempt at publicity? I missed the show as well.

I have a huge amount of freedom in my work life owning my own company and whatnot but even then I occasionally have to bite my tongue.

Roth needs to grow up and see the bigger picture.

I'd also be pretty fucking surprised if Sirius offer him 2 million rather than 4 million.

Cheers!

Post By: BIGtrouble77 on March 08, 2006, 11:59:56 PM
    Few things I got from the show...

-Dave said he would probably be fired in 2 weeks
    -He's no longer allowed to play loops (which he defied)
    -Dave states his contract gives him complete creative control
    -They want Dave to cater to the 35 Lynard Skynard demographic
    -Women can call in, but don't gear the show to them in any capacity
    -I don't thing they want anything ethnic in the show whatsoever
    -Dave brought in virtually all of the guests the first 3 weeks
    -Animal and Brian need to play a much more minor role
    -Dave is often unprepared
    -Dave says the telephone number too much
    -Dave was criticized for having terrible ratings
    -Dave applauded Howard several times for defending him
    -Virtually all of the callers heavily supported Dave
    -Dave became extremely belligerent towards his bosses near the end of the show
    -Dave insisted that people are listening to the types of music he's playing on the show
    -A female cohost will be added at the end of the week to create a Robin/Stern news banter
    -Dave is not allowed to promote the internet site
    -Dave's entire staff had to relocate to NY (pissed that they are not allowed to have a role)
    -Dave said his studio is a mess, toxic dust and stuff

That's about all I can remember. CBS would be foolish to fire him now. This is what Dave needs to get more audience, sadly.

And finally, shame on you guys for not listening!!!

EDIT: I'm adding stuff as I remember it, lol.

Post By: emb8308 on March 09, 2006, 12:07:49 AM
    Thanks for the rundown. Especially b/c there are those of us, like myself, who can't listen to him in LA and it's only b/c of the full show downloads that we can stay current.

Post By: Seshmeister on March 09, 2006, 12:26:06 AM
    Thanks for that.

Quote from: BIGtrouble77

-Dave said he would probably be fired in 2 weeks

That long?

They do get a bit repeditive. I was listening to Alice Coopers show recently which is a hit. Roth's chat is far more interesting than Alice but he plays rock music and people seem to prefer that.

-Dave states his contract gives him complete creative control

Until the show doesn't work...

I kind of see that as a positive thing. If CBS is aiming for the 35+ demographic then Roth has a chance. He did much better in that area for ratings than he did in the younger folk who completely disappeared.

-Women can call in, but don't gear the show to them in any capacity

I smell a bit of spin there from Roth.

Is he ever going to steal listeners from the spanish speaking stations by coming out with a few lines of Spanish each day and a militant political attitude to everyone speaking only English? I doubt it. I also wonder how many black people are switching from the hip hop stations to listen to Roth because of Animal.

-Dave brought in virtually all of the guests the first 3 weeks

That's true and a total fuck up by CBS

-Animal and Brian need to play a much more minor role

I thought they were pretty minor.

-Dave is often unprepared

He is totally. For a 4 hour show I think it's normal to prepare for 4 hours. Roth thinks he can just wing it. He never even watched the fucking Oscars for fuck sake. He's got a team of 9 people to give him info and half the time he doesn't seem to know what the fuck is going on. Last week he wanted to do 30 minutes on homeopathy but couldn't remember what it was called and had to ask people to call in to remind him. I did think he has got better recently with his interview prep but not stellar...

-Dave says the telephone number too much

Never noticed

-Dave was criticized for having terrible ratings

Which is why he needs to shut up at the moment.

-Dave applauded Howard several times for defending him

Maybe Howard wants things to stay fucked up?

-Virtually all of the callers heavily supported Dave

But when he was on vacation they weren't???

-Dave became extremely belligerent towards his bosses near the end of the show
    -Dave insisted that people are listening to the types of music he's playing on the show
    -A female cohost will be added at the end of the week to create a Robin/Stern news banter
    -Dave is not allowed to promote the internet site

-Dave's entire staff had to relocate to NY (pissed that they are not allowed to have a role)

I thought they all had apart from Animal?

That's about all I can remember. CBS would be foolish to fire him now. This is what Dave needs to get more audience, sadly. And finally, shame on you guys for not listening!!!

Thanks for this post. I'm sorry if I sound negative and I listen to 3 hours of the podcasts every day but Roth needs to get a grip and join the real world.

If your singular vision isn't working then you need to take advice and modify it a bit.

Or at least not scream like a child at the people who have invested a ton of money and their livelyhoods with you.

Cheers!

Post By: BIGtrouble77 on March 09, 2006, 12:43:02 AM
    Nice response Seshmeister. I agree with a lot of what you said, but I also see where Dave is coming from.

The problem is that CBS agreed to Dave's format and they are giving him no chance to prove himself. Dave is still experiencing Stern backlash. You have to give the sirus folks a chance to get sick of paying that silly monthly fee. Then they'll start getting some stern listeners back after about a year.

What amazes me is that they had no clue how 'out there' Dave really is. I could have told them that Dave's humor can be very difficult to pick up on. He's definately not like the rest of the mindless drivel out there. That can be good and bad... It's not easy to wake up to Dave's show.

Finally, not having any guests lined up is shocking. I mean, they had months to prepare. Blows my mind. Also, it appears nothing happened the week Dave had off... No training, no prep, no nothing. That should have been an interactive period where they settled these issues, not on the air like this. Fortunately Dave's show is much more interesting now that he has a nemesis.

Finally, I don't agree with attacking your employers in a public forum, but it seems to be par for the course. Stern does it, opie and ant (loosers) did it, athletes do it, etc. The controversey sells, and who knows, maybe this whole thing has been fabricated. It's a sure fire way to get ratings. They say "Dave, do the show your way, but tell everyone you're breaking the law!" Now he's a Rebel Rock and Roll god again. Who knows. All I know is we'll all be listening tomorrow.

-BT

Post By: High Life Man on March 09, 2006, 12:49:54 AM
    The only thing on the offical blog today is Dave's interview with Nugent and his interview with Hank Williams III.

Hank's new CD is awesome. "Straight To Hell"

Someone had to have recorded this...

Post By: Seshmeister on March 09, 2006, 12:55:33 AM
    Also, it appears nothing happened the week Dave had off... No training, no prep, no nothing. That should have been an interactive period where they settled these issues, not on the air like this.

As far as I can make out he went out of town and spent the week doing advanced helicopter training which got him 20 minutes of pretty uninteresting radio.

I listen to the show at night or live over here at lunchtime both of which work much better than as a breakfast show.

Maybe ultimately that would be the best option to move him to a later slot but as I understand it that would be lower paid and lower profile.

As I said before the nemisis 'Us v. them' thing can obviosly work really well but only if you are in a position of some power rather than when you have a show which has ratings in freefall....then it just sounds like sour grapes.

Cheers!

Post By: twonabomber on March 09, 2006, 05:47:34 AM
    shit.

all i get today is static. i'm out on the fringe and even the amplified antenna ain't pulling in a decent signal. no recording for me.

Post By: NE169 on March 09, 2006, 02:57:49 PM

I've been saying that too since the beginning--it's almost as painful to hear him throw in some hip-hop & Spanish lingo, as it was to hear him strain on the high notes in Black Light!

Post By: Hellraiser! on March 09, 2006, 03:08:52 PM
    Quote from: NE169
    as it was to hear him strain on the high notes in Black Light!

I love those screams!! Baaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiibyyyyyyyyyy!

Post By: Seshmeister on March 09, 2006, 09:37:19 PM
    Nice response Seshmeister. I agree with a lot of what you said, but I also see where Dave is coming from.

Actually after hearing it all first hand today I do too.

If what Roth is saying is true, and to be fair I've never caught him on a major lie, then he's in the right here.

Post By: dirtymovies on March 09, 2006, 10:00:16 PM
    Quote from: NE169
    I've been saying that too since the beginning--it's almost as painful to hear him throw in some hip-hop & Spanish lingo, as it was to hear him strain on the high notes in Black Light!

LOL - The DLR Band album was great for true Dave fans, but I can certainly see it not being embraced by others! "Black Light" was one of my faves on that one, and I'm going from memory here 'cause I haven't heard it in many years, but my recollection is that "King of the Hill" was my favorite from that one...

Post By: 1327 on March 10, 2006, 06:12:50 AM
    ...it appears nothing happened the week Dave had off... No training, no prep, no nothing. That should have been an interactive period where they settled these issues, not on the air like this. Fortunately Dave's show is much more interesting now that he has a nemesis.

Hmmm... kinda' has me thinking that maybe Dave and the 'suits' DID have a meeting during his forced-vacation, and created that nemesis.

{edit} Listening now to the 3-9-06 (Thursday show, 2nd hr.) replay and Dave sounds so damned serious on his side of this "battle".

Who knows. Somehow I really believe the show is salvageable. I think they'll cave to most of his demands, but they will succeed in making the show 'whiter'. Excepting the 'old-old' Stern broadcasts, there's never been a radio show worthy of waking up early.

I think it was Sesh... who said Dave's not been cought in a big lie...
    Finally, I don't agree with attacking your employers in a public forum, but it seems to be par for the course. Stern does it,...athletes do it, etc. The controversey sells, and who knows, maybe this whole thing has been fabricated. It's a sure fire way to get ratings. They say "Dave, do the show your way, but tell everyone you're breaking the law!" Now he's a Rebel Rock and Roll god again. Who knows. All I know is we'll all be listening tomorrow.
    -BT

Post By: STROKE on March 10, 2006, 08:34:32 AM
    No Big Tang!

Post By: STROKE on March 10, 2006, 09:40:15 AM
    Quote from: STROKE
    No Big Tang!

Singin' "Skin" to Stacy Valentine, now we're talkin'!

Post By: Seshmeister on March 14, 2006, 03:29:30 PM
    We got it.

http://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com/f...328#post226328

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Stern dealing with Dave's nemisis back in 1995...

https://youtu.be/FsgVYn6bE0w

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Stern dealing with Dave's nemisis back in 1995...

https://youtu.be/FsgVYn6bE0w
    Must have been a slow news days. That couldn't have been much lamer if they tried.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    March 8th was the "lost" Roth Radio show. The one day I didn't record it live...someone contacted us at DDLR and provided the recording.

Interesting, I kind of figured there was an issue with retrieving a clean radio recording. Dave must have all the masters to the show, since the excerpt he posted on Vimeo last year was a damn good audio recording of that show.

*edit: holy shit i'm now a "cocktard"! and here I was thinking I could make fun of whiny Tool fans by calling them Tooltards…
    Oh well, there's always the day some guy on the internet called Tool fans for annoying than Greatful Dead fans…*coughs
    Last edited by greentreee; 05-20-2016 at 08:15 PM.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks
    that's…"more annoying than…" not for.

edit wasn't working.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,078 Times in 1,996 Posts

Blog Entries
    Our commentary from DDLR.com 10 years ago was nice walk down memory lane... like seeing a bunch of old friends again.

diamonddavidleeroth.com
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-17-2022 @ 12:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Holy shit....good times!!

Thread Information