Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: March 10th

  1. #1
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    99
    Posts
    31,766
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,366
    Thanked 8,286 Times in 5,292 Posts


    Rep Power
    10

    March 10th

    Friday Show #45

    Part 1

    Part 2

    Part 3

    Part 4
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  2. #2
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    twonabomber's Avatar
    Member No
    28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:36 AM
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    51
    Posts
    9,338
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 1,867 Times in 1,211 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Post By: Seshmeister on March 10, 2006, 07:20:48 AM
    Brian May coming on the show later.


    Post By: Hellraiser! on March 10, 2006, 08:11:50 AM
    Greaaat!!!


    Post By: Hellraiser! on March 10, 2006, 08:17:09 AM
    first US Air Guitar Champion???


    Post By: Wooda on March 10, 2006, 08:27:12 AM
    I like how DLR further proves what a fraud he is.

    He starts the show by claiming they called him in again and requested changes which he claims to have refused?

    Refused? Lets see, Animal spoke one sentence in the first 45 minutes, and that god awful same scale, same sound string noodling was only heard for about 30 seconds, and all the talk was centered on sex or talk with sexual innuendo including porn stars.

    Now tell me that DLR refused to comply? he became Stern for the first 45 minutes and it was worse than if he had left it alone.


    Post By: Seshmeister on March 10, 2006, 08:43:20 AM
    Bullshit.

    It's a great show today.


    Post By: Wooda on March 10, 2006, 09:35:38 AM
    Quote from: Seshmeister
    Bullshit.

    It's a great show today.
    Whatever you say:piss1


    Post By: Dave Hagar Fan on March 10, 2006, 09:59:16 AM
    Quote from: Wooda
    I like how DLR further proves what a fraud he is.

    He starts the show by claiming they called him in again and requested changes which he claims to have refused?

    Refused? Lets see, Animal spoke one sentence in the first 45 minutes, and that god awful same scale, same sound string noodling was only heard for about 30 seconds, and all the talk was centered on sex or talk with sexual innuendo including porn stars.

    Now tell me that DLR refused to comply? he became Stern for the first 45 minutes and it was worse than if he had left it alone.



    Who is Animal? Is it some gay lackey like Struttering John?


    Dave's radio show :vanhagar:


    Post By: Hellraiser! on March 10, 2006, 10:02:45 AM
    Quote from: Dave Hagar Fan
    Who is Animal? Is it some gay lackey like Struttering John?


    Dave's radio show :vanhagar:


    You´re fucking pessimist!!!


    Post By: Rjohn10538 on March 10, 2006, 10:08:25 AM
    Surprised to hear Dave talking about some of the demos with a caller. Someone must have let him know that being in Van Halen is part of what is interesing to people and he needs to talk about it.

    He is not believable though because he said that they paid what they wanted each night. We know the set list was set in stone and they never played "Dirty Movies" live. He can say what he wants, someone would have a boot of that song.


    Post By: Dave Hagar Fan on March 10, 2006, 10:08:34 AM
    Quote from: Hellraiser!
    You´re fucking pessimist!!!



    You've got some thinskin there Raiser.


    Post By: Dave Hagar Fan on March 10, 2006, 10:09:25 AM
    Quote from: Rjohn10538
    Surprised to hear Dave talking about some of the demos with a caller. Someone must have let him know that being in Van Halen is part of what is interesing to people and he needs to talk about it.

    He is not believable though because he said that they paid what they wanted each night. We know the set list was set in stone and they never played "Dirty Movies" live. He can say what he wants, someone would have a boot of that song.



    Are you calling Dave a liar?


    Post By: SpanishFly Guy on March 10, 2006, 10:36:30 AM
    Quote from: Rjohn10538
    Surprised to hear Dave talking about some of the demos with a caller. Someone must have let him know that being in Van Halen is part of what is interesing to people and he needs to talk about it.

    He is not believable though because he said that they paid what they wanted each night. We know the set list was set in stone and they never played "Dirty Movies" live. He can say what he wants, someone would have a boot of that song.



    I would bet that he has a lot of the set lists still saved. Dave was and is still a perfectionist with his live shows.


    Post By: ZahZoo on March 10, 2006, 10:43:20 AM
    Dave did a darn good job of interviewing Brian May... A few times I was thinkin Dave shutup and let him talk, but he backed down enough to let Brian get a word in.

    Interesting hearing Brian ask Dave about Ed... Dave's answer was the standard canned twice a year crap but it really sounded like an honest question from May.

    Overall good interview... Dave could back off the throttle about a fifth, but it was an interesting and active talk.


    Post By: SpanishFly Guy on March 10, 2006, 10:46:59 AM
    Quote from: ZahZoo
    Dave did a darn good job of interviewing Brian May... A few times I was thinkin Dave shutup and let him talk, but he backed down enough to let Brian get a word in.

    Interesting hearing Brian ask Dave about Ed... Dave's answer was the standard canned twice a year crap but it really sounded like an honest question from May.

    Overall good interview... Dave could back off the throttle about a fifth, but it was an interesting and active talk.



    that is more of what he needs, more guests from the music industry. It would be just a better feel for the show and he knows what to ask them.

    Damn shame about Brian not really keeping in touch with Ed. Dave has to keep that canned response.


    Post By: Seshmeister on March 10, 2006, 10:47:34 AM
    Quote from: Wooda
    Whatever you say:piss1


    :spin:


    Post By: Seshmeister on March 10, 2006, 10:49:12 AM
    Quote from: Rjohn10538
    Surprised to hear Dave talking about some of the demos with a caller. Someone must have let him know that being in Van Halen is part of what is interesing to people and he needs to talk about it.

    He is not believable though because he said that they paid what they wanted each night. We know the set list was set in stone and they never played "Dirty Movies" live. He can say what he wants, someone would have a boot of that song.


    The scary thing is a lot of people on the boards know more about Classic Van Halen than I'm sure he remembers.

    That's true about a lot of bands.


    Post By: SpanishFly Guy on March 10, 2006, 10:51:16 AM
    His radio show content has some relevance to his time with VH: The more angry that Dave gets the better the show content. The same is when he was with VH, the anger made for great music.


    Post By: SpanishFly Guy on March 10, 2006, 10:51:41 AM
    Quote from: Seshmeister
    The scary thing is a lot of people on the boards know more about Classic Van Halen than I'm sure he remembers.

    That's true about a lot of bands.



    he remembers, I think a lot of it is an act.


    Post By: Seshmeister on March 10, 2006, 11:00:39 AM
    Hah did he not just say 'it's like that film, um you know the one with the ship...um Di Caprio yeah umm what's that again?' today.

    I think I could beat Dave at Simon and my brain is addled too...

    (http://www.bigredtoybox.com/articles/simon.jpg)


    Post By: SpanishFly Guy on March 10, 2006, 11:16:27 AM
    Quote from: Seshmeister
    Hah did he not just say 'it's like that film, um you know the one with the ship...um Di Caprio yeah umm what's that again?' today.

    I think I could beat Dave at Simon and my brain is addled too...

    (http://www.bigredtoybox.com/articles/simon.jpg)



    more like saturated Sesh, but that is kewl.


    Post By: SpanishFly Guy on March 10, 2006, 11:16:51 AM
    Quote from: Seshmeister
    Hah did he not just say 'it's like that film, um you know the one with the ship...um Di Caprio yeah umm what's that again?' today.

    I think I could beat Dave at Simon and my brain is addled too...

    (http://www.bigredtoybox.com/articles/simon.jpg)



    or a fine Vodka Marinaded brain????


    Post By: ZahZoo on March 10, 2006, 12:50:14 PM
    Quote from: SpanishFly Guy
    that is more of what he needs, more guests from the music industry. It would be just a better feel for the show and he knows what to ask them.

    Damn shame about Brian not really keeping in touch with Ed. Dave has to keep that canned response.


    Yep and NY has a ton of big name musicians living, working and heading in and out of there all the time.

    Another thought for Dave's guests... he was always the big jungle/safari/adventurer type. Since CBS has Survivor get some of the personalities from that show on there as guests. Especially a few of the hotties!!


    Post By: Rjohn10538 on March 10, 2006, 01:30:15 PM
    Quote from: Seshmeister
    The scary thing is a lot of people on the boards know more about Classic Van Halen than I'm sure he remembers.

    That's true about a lot of bands.


    Very ture.

    I do not think that Dave recalls a lot or maybe better stated that he would admit what happened regarding some stories. Most of the audience has not heard a single bootleg let alone what is shared on this site. Was it coincidence that he "forgot the fucking words" in Romeo Delight every night during the Hide Your Sheep Tour? So what he said today about the band figuring out setlists and throwing things together before the show is a flat out lie. It was a show and there is nothing wrong with that - however if Dave admits that, then it destroys a little of the party, we do anything attitude that surrounded the band at that time.


    Post By: damngoodtimes on March 10, 2006, 01:37:05 PM
    Quote from: Rjohn10538
    Very ture.

    I do not think that Dave recalls a lot or maybe better stated that he would admit what happened regarding some stories. Most of the audience has not heard a single bootleg let alone what is shared on this site. Was it coincidence that he "forgot the fucking words" in Romeo Delight every night during the Hide Your Sheep Tour? So what he said today about the band figuring out setlists and throwing things together before the show is a flat out lie. It was a show and there is nothing wrong with that - however if Dave admits that, then it destroys a little of the party, we do anything attitude that surrounded the band at that time.


    right on.. it's not a lie, it's showmanship.


    Post By: Hellraiser! on March 10, 2006, 02:20:39 PM
    "There´s a place in France, where the girls do the dance, and you can see their underpants".

    That´s classic!!!


    Post By: Hellraiser! on March 10, 2006, 02:32:36 PM
    Oh my God! DLR actually played a Gary Cherone song in his show today!!!!!

    PS: I´m listen to the show now...


    Post By: High Life Man on March 10, 2006, 04:09:55 PM
    What was that Dave song they were playing about halfway through the 1st hour of the show?


    Post By: Von Halen on March 10, 2006, 04:15:37 PM
    Quote from: ZahZoo
    Dave did a darn good job of interviewing Brian May... A few times I was thinkin Dave shutup and let him talk, but he backed down enough to let Brian get a word in.

    Interesting hearing Brian ask Dave about Ed... Dave's answer was the standard canned twice a year crap but it really sounded like an honest question from May.

    They should have played "Let Me Out" and had Dave sing it.


    Post By: Seshmeister on March 10, 2006, 09:43:27 PM
    I think there is a certain irony that Roth has been singing one of the only solo songs that Lou likes today on his show...


    Post By: Seshmeister on March 10, 2006, 09:48:17 PM
    Quote from: Rjohn10538
    Very ture.
    Was it coincidence that he "forgot the fucking words" in Romeo Delight every night during the Hide Your Sheep Tour?


    Oh absolutely.

    He forgot the words the first time and then for whatever reason thought it was cool and then did it every night.

    Maybe it was just to piss off Eddie...

    He did the same thing on a late 80s show I was at and it wasn't Romeo Delight. I win I forgot the fucking song...


    Post By: hambon4lif on March 10, 2006, 10:01:29 PM
    Quote from: Seshmeister
    I think there is a certain irony that Roth has been singing one of the only solo songs that Lou likes today on his show...
    You're referring to "Sunburn"? LOL!

    It's an o.k. song, if you're just kicking back doing fuckall and in a certain state of mind (stoned), it works. "Coconut Grove" and "Black Sand" are like that too, they're well enough songs, but I never wondered how they'd go over live.


    Post By: DONNIEP on March 10, 2006, 10:30:20 PM
    When Dave did Sunburn here in '94 it didn't go over too well. I remember seeing everybody talking and buying drinks like it was intermission. I really dug the song and enjoyed it. It was a shame the audience was a bunch of morons. But then again this was a small club (actually one half was a rock/dance club and the other half was a male strip joint).


    Post By: Seshmeister on March 10, 2006, 10:34:04 PM
    Quote from: DONNIEP
    When Dave did Sunburn here in '94 it didn't go over too well. I remember seeing everybody talking and buying drinks like it was intermission. I really dug the song and enjoyed it. It was a shame the audience was a bunch of morons. But then again this was a small club (actually one half was a rock/dance club and the other half was a male strip joint).


    It's not a song to do live.

    I'm with Hambone on this. The three songs he mentions are very cool and bring back various memories to me but live it's time to get a beer...


    Post By: DONNIEP on March 10, 2006, 10:46:16 PM
    Well, Dave started that show with Big Train so, yeah, when he played Sunburn it really slowed things down. Good show overall though. Pretty good boot too. I just wish I could get ahold of Charlotte 05/23/2003. That was a great friggin' show!


    Post By: Seshmeister on March 10, 2006, 10:59:24 PM
    Jesus Brain May sounds boring...


    Post By: Seshmeister on March 10, 2006, 11:05:06 PM
    It's funny that Roth says he used to put on a British accent at soundchecks. We used to put on American accents at soundchecks.


    Post By: High Life Man on March 11, 2006, 04:54:10 AM
    So I guess Dave is trying to get fired.

    Playing him singing Steely Dan.

    Good Christ!


    Post By: Seshmeister on March 11, 2006, 11:04:56 AM
    They should have a phone in asking where they got the name Steely Dan from...


    Post By: High Life Man on March 11, 2006, 02:31:07 PM
    Quote from: Seshmeister
    They should have a phone in asking where they got the name Steely Dan from...


    That's easy.

    The other obvious SD question, who was there original drummer?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. March 6th
    By Seshmeister in forum Roth Radio
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2016, 04:23 AM
  2. February 10th
    By Seshmeister in forum Roth Radio
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2016, 12:42 PM
  3. January 10th
    By Seshmeister in forum Roth Radio
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2016, 11:43 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-19-2015, 08:31 AM
  5. New VH Footage !!!! 2012 tickets on sale Jan 10th!!!
    By Diamondjimi in forum Main VH/DLR Discussion
    Replies: 551
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 11:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •