X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by THEDOCTOR
    I can remember vivdly sitting and listening to EEAS for the first time. One of the few albums that I simply loved every song. Later that year I saw the show live.To this day and many many concerts/bands, it is still the number one show ever for me. Superstars in every slot and a fabulous show , it had it all, including the most women I have ever seen at a show! Bra's and panties were flying onstage, I was next to the right side so when they came over we were 10 feet from them. That band was like a Superhero group onstage. As much of a fantastic reaction that I got to EEAS I remember being extremely deflated about Skyscraper listening to it. EEAS was simply stellar, both album and live
    Dave in an interview said Van Halen blew up at the high water mark. He said if VH would have stayed together it would have been downhill after 1984. Everyone was just tired of each other. The other guys were married and wanted to be home more and Dave was still single and have gun will travel. Dave said if Van Halen didn't break up Eat Em and Smile would have never happened and hey it's a great album, was a great tour, still one of my favorite stages and lighting rigs ever. Over the top Diamond Dave style. Good stuff!
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Full article now on Guitar World's site

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
        Head Fluffer
        • Apr 2012

I'd be thrilled if the EEAS lineup toured and put out new music. Everybody seems willing, so wtf Dave. It ain't like anything VH wise is going to happen within the next two years (at least). My only hope is that if Dave doesn't do it, it isn't because he doesn't want to piss off Ed or some similar bullshit reason. Make it fuckin' happen Dave!

Comment

Working...