• Show
Clear All
  • Satan
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

America First: Trump & the New American Fascist Movement

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.
  • SunisinuS
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • May 2010

The Trump America: Get that protester out of here! Watch the whole thing and you will see where Trump wants us, under his thumb.

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Is that the director's cut? Because it sucks. Bad editing. Old, old video anyway

Dumbass should have rolled up his window, got out of the car pocketed his keys and asked for a search warrant or probable cause.

Then you file a lawsuit against the department.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

This is stoopid. The kid set up his camera and intentionally caused a confrontation. Of course the cop is gonna ask you to roll your window down further - duh, it's a DWI check. Just roll down the damn window, be polite, and then go to your stoopid coffee shop or whatever and cry about the injustice in this country. Kids like him should move to other countries where the poe lease break into your house in the middle of the nite and your never heard from again. That's oppression. Driving through a damn DWI check isn't even an inconvenience.

As if the cops don't have a hard enough time as it is. Now all the young stoopid college students think they're arguing a case before the Supreme Court when they drive through a fuckin DWI check.
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Yeah! What Donnie said. Live in a police state, America and stop bitching about it.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
            As if the cops don't have a hard enough time as it is.
            Exactly! Imagine going through life with a D-average in high school.

Comment

• Satan
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

The root cause here is right wing dipshits in Congress and state legislatures slashing budgets to bits (usually based on Koch/ALEC cookie cutter bills, or insane tax "cuts" like California's Prop 13 or the Tim Eyman bills in Washington state.

Net result is that you have police departments who are underfunded and need to create their own sources of revenue. The most common way of doing so is to write as many tickets as possible. This kid may well be a smart ass, but the cops who pulled him over were clearly running a scam to fund their department.

Of course the other way for cops to increase their revenue is through drug busts, and the rabidly unconstitutional theft of cars, houses and anything else you might own, if you get busted for such things. Whether they can actually prove that you bought any of the above with drug profits is irrelevant. As seen in the video, they can trick the "dope sniffing dog" into going nuts whether or not he actually smells anything.

It's no coincidence that the number of speed traps and tickets issued in Washington state has increased even more since weed was legalized, and they had that source of "revenue enhancement" taken away from them. I would guess it's the same in Colorado, Oregon, and will be so in the other states as legalization spreads across the country.
              Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
              I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I dunno...around here a lot of those DUI checkpoints and "saturation patrols" are paid for by grants from the state and/or feds.
                Last edited by twonabomber; 05-01-2016, 08:14 PM.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

This is stoopid. The kid set up his camera and intentionally caused a confrontation. Of course the cop is gonna ask you to roll your window down further - duh, it's a DWI check. Just roll down the damn window, be polite, and then go to your stoopid coffee shop or whatever and cry about the injustice in this country. Kids like him should move to other countries where the poe lease break into your house in the middle of the nite and your never heard from again. That's oppression. Driving through a damn DWI check isn't even an inconvenience.

As if the cops don't have a hard enough time as it is. Now all the young stoopid college students think they're arguing a case before the Supreme Court when they drive through a fuckin DWI check.

The comparison of degrees of freedom in America vs. other countries in the world isn't the issue here.

The kid was perfectly within his legal rights and the officer he "caused a confrontation" with not only knew this, he admitted it to the other officer looking in the car toward the end of the clip.

All that is required for bad things (call it 'evil' if you like) to happen is enough good people going along to get along (staying quiet). Law enforcement is a tough job. No two ways about that. Law enforcement is there to protect the citizens, not harass them. I've seen far too many similar videos where motorists who haven't done anything to even warrant them being stopped much less the use of force by the officer at the scene had their windows broken and were yanked out of their cars for asking nothing other than why they were being stopped and while not resisting were merely not obeying everything they were told by the officer the moment the officer made the command.

And with the recent shootings over the last few years that were captured on video where the reality of what happened in no way corresponded with the reports of the officers made before they knew they had been filmed, I don't think having a camera running when you are stopped by the police is a bad thing. Apparently for some of them, the only thing that might make them exercise some self-restraint is having awareness that they are being filmed.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Kristy
                    Exactly! Imagine going through life with a D-average in high school.
                    If you would have smoked less dope and spent less time on the computer you might have achieved that goal but you can always dream.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Ok, somebody explain to me how that cop was harassing that kid?? It's a DWI checkpoint - just like a license check. The kid is 100% responsible for everything that went down and that was exactly what he was hoping for. The cop asked him to roll down the fuckin window and that's what he should have done. It's not like the cop showed up at his house at 3 am and ransacked the place - he asked him to roll down the window. IF that kid had simply rolled down the window, answered a few questions, he would have been zipping off to his Hippie commune a minute or so after the cop walked up to the car. Why is it so hard to just be polite when a cop isn't trying to illegally search you or anything? He asked the kid to roll down the window. It's a DWI checkpoint and the cop needs to ask him some questions, see if he catches a whiff of booze. It ain't like he clipped jumper cables to the kid's nut sack. And that kid's assertion that the K9 officer was trying to goad the dog into a false reaction is bullshit too. The cop even admitted it wasn't a "good hit". And did they plant any dope in the car? Which they would have, if this was some sort of Dukes of Hazzard scam bullshit that really doesn't happen.

And while I agree with Ford that the seizure laws are waaaayyyyy overreaching and unconstitutional - just like California's gun seizure laws, I don't agree with his assertion that this police department was "running a scam". It's a goddamn DWI checkpoint - what about that makes it a scam? If you've been drinking and you fail a sobriety test or blow over the limit - you get popped. If you haven't been drinking and don't fail a sobriety test or blow over the limit you don't. Period.

Jesus, it ain't like the cops are showing up and shaking people down for money. I'm not all pro cop, they never do anything wrong. But this is just stoopid bullshit that this kid pulled to make a point. He had the camera there and wanted to prove he was smarter than the cops and above simply being decent and rolling the damn window down. It's not a police state - it's just a DWI check.

I went through a license check a couple weeks back, middle of the day. I keep my card holder within reach at all times and when I drove up to the officer I had my license and concealed carry permit out AND I had the damn window rolled down all the way. I said hey, I'm a concealed carry permit holder (the law requires that part) and I handed him my license and permit. He asked me if I had a weapon, I said yes, he said "Good. Have a nice day." See how that works? There was no invasion of my privacy, no harassment, no nothing. Now, if I had acted like the guy in that video it would have been a different story.

But I guess the right thing to do would have been to barely roll down my window and then argue with the cop. All you social justice warriors can knock yourselves out doing just that, have at it. Now I'll be the first one to raise hell when my rights truly are being violated. But rolling down a damn window?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                        And with the recent shootings over the last few years that were captured on video where the reality of what happened in no way corresponded with the reports of the officers made before they knew they had been filmed, I don't think having a camera running when you are stopped by the police is a bad thing. Apparently for some of them, the only thing that might make them exercise some self-restraint is having awareness that they are being filmed.
                        A lot is made of the number of CCTV cameras in the UK but like having cops wearing cameras I think this is more a safeguard for the innocent civilian than a infringement of privacy. The young guy in the video is right to question how law is applied in real life but it's a risky thing to do, on a bad day he could have had something planted in the car.

Cops make a decision about you in the first 10 seconds, life is much easier if that decision is that you are of no interest to them. That doesn't mean it's right though...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Kids like him should move to other countries where the poe lease break into your house in the middle of the nite and your never heard from again. That's oppression.
                          Ok but it's a common thing I see with Americans that they think that the 'freedom' they have is unusual or a higher level than most places.

That's not actually true. Surely you should try to set your level as being as good as a one of the better western democracies rather than 'at least we aren't as bad as a 3rd world dictatorship'. To an even greater extent than here there is some shitty stuff going on that needs examined. Laws supposedly passed to protect us from extreme terrorist situations are gradually being used routinely.
                          Last edited by Seshmeister; 05-01-2016, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            Ok but it's a common thing I see with Americans that they think that the 'freedom' they have is unusual or a higher level than most places.

That's not actually true. Surely you should try to set your level as being as good as a one of the better western democracies rather than 'at least we aren't as bad as a 3rd world dictatorship'. To an even greater extent than here there is some shitty stuff going on that needs examined. Laws supposedly passed to protect us from extreme terrorist situations are gradually being used routinely.
                            Ok, so your point is what? We, being Americans, shouldn't have DWI check points or license checks?? Cause that makes us as bad or worse than a 3rd world dictatorship? This is NOT a case of laws being abused that were "supposedly passed to protect us from extreme terrorism situations". It was a DWI check point. If that kid had rolled down his window and answered a question or two he would have been on his way.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm babbling of course and we're just as bad.

I think it's not unreasonable for the guy to point out the differences between the law and it's application in the real world.

I had the same conversation in a taxi last night. In my life I've been lucky enough to stay out of bad situations in the main but in the 3 or 4 occasions I've been interviewed by cops as a witness my law degree means I know it was illegal.

Proper legal procedure may seem trivial to you but it's there for a reason. We just had a massive police coverup finally admitted over here after a quarter of a century.
                              After 23 years, the real story of what happened – and the subsequent cover-up by the police – have finally come to light

The guy in the car may seem a dick but we need people like him.

Comment

Working...