Brexit - Will the UK tell the EU to fuck off or not?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Only about 1% of the people in Scotland are muslims which is about the same as the USA.

Most live in England which is nearer 5% but that still means 95% of people aren't.
    5%??? Vandy - get on a plane to America now!! The invasion has begun!! I repeat - the invasion has begun!!!

No, don't take a plane - they're not safe. Uh, book passage on a Christian gay wine tasting cruise to America. It's the only way you'll be safe!
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Latest polling was that Scotland would vote to stay by a lot, England would vote to leave by a little and so the Scottish vote would keep Britain in.

I could see that causing some upset in certain areas.

The irony is that if Britain votes to leave that would trigger a second referendum and Scotland would probably leave Britain but stay in Europe. That would get me to where I want to be politically but I think it could cause a lot of economic misery for a lot of people.

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Latest polling was that Scotland would vote to stay by a lot, England would vote to leave by a little and so the Scottish vote would keep Britain in.

The irony is that if Britain votes to leave that would trigger a second referendum and Scotland would probably leave Britain but stay in Europe. That would get me to where I want to be politically but I think it could cause a lot of economic misery for a lot of people.
        Considering Scotland puts a shitload more into the British economy than it gets back wouldn't Britain suffer more economically than Scotland If Scotland decided to split from the UK?
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

The only good thing about Scotland is that it is not limeyland.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
            Considering Scotland puts a shitload more into the British economy than it gets back wouldn't Britain suffer more economically than Scotland If Scotland decided to split from the UK?
            A lot of English think the exact opposite.

I think it would all work out about even over time, the low oil price at the moment skews things a bit.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
              The only good thing about Scotland is that it is not limeyland.
              I don't think limey is as pejorative as you would like it to be. It's also meant to refer to British not English.

I think the best analogy would be Yank. If I called Donnie a Yank I would guess that he may find it very mildly offensive but also a little confusing as it would have Yankee overtones. Maybe it's just me but these words like limey and SLAVE that you have been using as insults are a little confusing more than insulting.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

I don't think limey is as pejorative as you would like it to be. It's also meant to refer to British not English.

I think the best analogy would be Yank. If I called Donnie a Yank I would guess that he may find it very mildly offensive but also a little confusing as it would have Yankee overtones. Maybe it's just me but these words like limey and SLAVE that you have been using as insults are a little confusing more than insulting.
                Most southerners know you folks across the pond refer to all Americans as Yanks or Yankees. No big deal. The term I don't care for is colonist or colonists. Like calling us your bitch.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Nah, a farner calling me a Yank isn't offensive. Now, if someone called me a yankee then those are fightin words down here lol.

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                    Nah, a farner calling me a Yank isn't offensive. Now, if someone called me a yankee then those are fightin words down here lol.
                    And ginger pubes , you get arsey about getting called that
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      Most southerners know you folks across the pond refer to all Americans as Yanks or Yankees. No big deal. The term I don't care for is colonist or colonists. Like calling us your bitch.
                      I do sometimes hear 'our colonial cousins' used.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

I have Scottish family and spend amounts of time up there , and I would say 60-40 wanted to stay in the uk.
                        I think the more honest question was do you want to be part of the London centric cuntfest or a fair diplomatic equal partnership the percentage would change ??
                        I sometimes wonder the people who vote to leave must want to be left to a permanent right wing cuntocracy . Never knew there was so many selfish rich people
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

"centric cuntfest" - that's a great term, but unfortunately if you used that in the US, they would call you a "sexist".

I've tried explaining to the Hillbots on another board that Trump is also a cunt, but they still think it's an attack on Hillcunt just because she has one.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Bottom line: this thread is about limeys shit-stirring which is all they do. How many times have I explained what a disaster the limey is?

I think I'm owed an apology and a thank you.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                              And ginger pubes , you get arsey about getting called that
                              Shouldn't you be off cleaning your prayer rug and shouting angrily at scantily clad women?

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

I'm still waiting for that apology.

Comment

Working...