ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

A Green New Deal Will Save our Environment, Revive our Economy

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,615 Posts

My old Jeep truck gets about 9 mpg. I think I'm going to get a vanity plate that reads "THIRSTY"
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

I only get 22 mpg myself.

The bigger problem in the US is your power stations which are really outdated and shitty for pollution.

They are government (i.e. from your pocket) subsidized to fuck and also give a lot of people cancer each year which is something you rarely hear about, much worse than nuclear.

All that said candidates can say what they want as I understand it not a lot of this is under the remit of the president in real life.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 07-13-2016 at 10:42 PM.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I have two that get 9 mpg, one around 14, one around 18, and the best is probably 23 IF I keep my foot out of it.

Yeah the coal plants are dirty.

I think the nuke plant a few miles up the shore is only licensed to run through 2020, and I don't know if they can get another extension.

I see California is decommissioning nuke plants early. Some of the CA guys on the off-road forums post about the job losses etc.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 07-13-2016 at 10:55 PM.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I only get 22 mpg myself.
    The bigger problem in the US is your power stations which are really outdated and shitty for pollution.
    Depends on where you get your electricity. The west coast is doing a shitload of solar energy projects right now. Damn near every school in Calif has solar panels provided by companies like Chevron that get credits to pollute some other way without getting called on it. Chevron gives away a billion dollars worth of solar panel, we forget all about the next mega oil spill. They still have to clean it up but with little or no money fineage.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Having an American child in carbon footprint terms is the equivalent to running 20 cars so I wouldn't beat yourself up about it.

Having an American child is the equivalent of having 7 Chinese kids so the next time you see a Prius with a couple of child seats in it - laugh.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

We're supposed to get windmills out in the lake but there's the "they kill birds!" people trying to stop it.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    I have two that get 9 mpg, one around 14, one around 18, and the best is probably 23 IF I keep my foot out of it.

Yeah the coal plants are dirty.

I think the nuke plant a few miles up the shore is only licensed to run through 2020, and I don't know if they can get another extension.

I see California is decommissioning nuke plants early. Some of the CA guys on the off-road forums post about the job losses etc.
    They're getting ready to build a gigantic nuclear facility not far from here. Supposed to provide a shitload of jobs building it but only a few thousand jobs running it once it's finished.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

They really need to stop building nuclear plants until they can figure out how to dispose of the waste safely, and prevent anymore Chernobyl/Fukushima disasters. Or maybe stop spending billions on illegal oil wars and divert some of it to fusion research.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    They're getting ready to build a gigantic nuclear facility not far from here. Supposed to provide a shitload of jobs building it but only a few thousand jobs running it once it's finished.
    When the plant here went up in the early 80's a lot of our neighbors were contractors that moved from plant to plant. My uncle was an operating engineer and ran one of the big cranes that set the steel, and one of my co-worker's fathers was an electrician who worked on the plant. But there were also the guys who rotated around. The kids all had shirts from dad's last project, FERMI or whatever. They'd live by us for a couple years and move on.

Just looked it up, the local plant can run until 2026.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

We're supposed to get windmills out in the lake but there's the "they kill birds!" people trying to stop it.

Last I read the killing birds thing is a myth and on average each windmill kills a bird once every 8 years.

The real problem with windmills is that they are still expensive.

That and some people like Trump seem to think they are a horrendous eyesore, personally I think they look fine.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    They really need to stop building nuclear plants until they can figure out how to dispose of the waste safely, and prevent anymore Chernobyl/Fukushima disasters. Or maybe stop spending billions on illegal oil wars and divert some of it to fusion research.
    Chernyoble was ancient technology, Fukishima can be avoided by not building them on natural disaster areas.

The waste can be disposed of safely and the new generation are very safe especially when you take into account the cancers that coal stations cause. Lesser of 2 evils.

The problem goes back 35 years to the 5 Mile Island incident where the safety measures worked fine and no one got hurt.

Unfortunately at the same time the China Syndrome movie came out and people confused fact and fiction.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 07-14-2016 at 12:23 AM.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Last I read the killing birds thing is a myth and on average each windmill kills a bird once every 8 years.

That and some people like Trump seem to think they are a horrendous eyesore, personally I think they look fine.

They'd be far enough out that I wouldn't be able to see them from the beach, let alone from my house a block from the lake.

Cleveland had a wind gauge set up on their water intake crib about three miles out into the lake and it proved that the sustained gusts can power windmills.

Lincoln Electric has a big windmill right by Rt 90 heading into Cleveland from the east and there are two smaller ones nearby.

The wind tower, measuring 443 feet tall, was constructed in June 2011 at the Lincoln Electric world headquarters and manufacturing campus in Cleveland, Ohio. This installation is the largest known urban wind tower in North America, and is capable of producing 2.5-megawatts of electrical energy, or approximately 10 percent of the requirements for Lincoln Electric’s main Cleveland manufacturing facility.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I like the ones that look like some type of alien antanae. Instead of an airplane engine on a stick looking thing the blades are verticle and rotate around the pole in the middle.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dear FORD --

Wow. Yesterday’s news brought not just one, but two bombshells that changed this election.

First, Wikileaks released DNC emails proving that the Democratic Party rigged their primary against Bernie Sanders from the start, and colluded with journalists to propagate an anti-Sanders narrative throughout the corporate media.

Right after that, Hillary Clinton announced Wall Street-friendly, pro-TPP Senator Tim Kaine as her running mate.

In short, millions of progressives, independents and young people who backed Bernie in the primary just got a rude awakening to a hard truth: the Democrats will never change from being the second party for Wall Street, war and the Walmart economy.

And just like that, the door opened for us to win this election.

But we need to organize. Quickly. Will you help me seize this historic moment?

I need State Volunteer Coordinators in every state across our country - will you step forward today as a super volunteer to help build our revolution into an unstoppable force?

In recent polls - before key events that made people start running for the exits of both establishment parties - our campaign has been at 5 to 7%.

We can and must begin organizing immediately to triple those numbers, so that the DNC/RNC-owned Commission on Presidential Debates won’t be able to lock us out from the nationally televised debates.

Once in the debates, I’ll beat both corporatist warmongers with a common sense agenda for an America that puts people, planet and peace over profit.

This isn’t wishful thinking. Here’s why:

Polls show that 60% of Americans think we need a new major party because the Democrats and Republicans have failed us.
    Independents (50%) outnumber both Democrats (29%) and Republicans (21%) by a huge and growing margin.
    Trump and Clinton are the two least liked, least trusted Presidential candidates in history.
    Bernie Sanders, running on a platform similar to the Green Party’s, consistently led national polls that included independent voters.

It’s not just people who supported Bernie. Americans across the political spectrum are worried, bewildered, and downright disgusted with the Clinton/Trump matchup and the political-media establishment that created it.

If you talk with people in the streets, in the bars, at the corner store - they’re ready to bring this corrupt two-party house of cards crashing down.

And that’s exactly what we need to do: talk with people. Spread the word, everywhere, that we have a real choice. We can stand up together for the greater good. We don’t have to pick the weapon of our own self-destruction.

When you stand up for what you believe in, other people will follow and abandon the politics of fear that has kept them powerless for so long. The politics of courage is contagious. We need it to go viral - just like our campaign has been going viral online for almost two weeks now.

That’s another thing Bernie showed the country: how a progressive campaign with no corporate money or establishment support can catch on like wildfire through grassroots organizing, social media, crowdsourcing technology and sheer determination.

Can we do the same? Check, check, check and check.

First we need to get up over 15% and break into the debates. From the debate stage, I will speak directly to the emerging majority of progressive and independent Americans who passionately desire real change, who had hoped to vote for Bernie Sanders in November until the Democrats sabotaged his campaign.

That’s how we’ll get to 51%, and upset the two-party establishment for the first time since Abe Lincoln.

But we need to get busy, starting today. Will you join our surging revolution and apply to serve as a State Volunteer Coordinator - or at least sign up to volunteer and let us know how you can help?

Looking at the historic moment we’re in, I think Dr. Cornel West said it perfectly: it’s not about having hope, but being hope. It’s time to go from being spectators to being actors.

Thank you for all that you do - every day I’m more inspired by our growing movement for an America, and a world, that works for all of us.

It’s in our hands!

Jill_Signature.png

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Ford's like Michael Knight!!

Last edited by DONNIEP; 07-23-2016 at 06:16 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Maybe Elon Musk can build a talking Tesla for me. And another one for President Stein.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Maybe Elon Musk can build a talking Tesla for me. And another one for President Stein.
    Ford, you can't be driving around in a Tesla on your one man crusade to change America - you gotsta have a KITT!!! Luckily I know a guy who builds them:

http://louisellenterprises.com

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by banhtrungthu View Post
    Chúc đắt khách

Get the message, you spamming bitch??

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

In the 80s, a talking car that could drive itself was considered the ultimate in high tech toys. Now self driving cars are somewhat of a reality, and your fucking cell phone can talk to you nearly as much as KITT ever did.

So the 21st century version of KITT would need to be more impressive than that. Green technology would be the way to go. Build a car that's entirely self contained with it's own solar panels to charge the battery and that would be even more so. Hell, even add a little mini windmill on the roof that you could mount during tornado season if you live in the Midwest. Or hurricane season in the Southeast, for that matter.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

In the 80s, a talking car that could drive itself was considered the ultimate in high tech toys. Now self driving cars are somewhat of a reality, and your fucking cell phone can talk to you nearly as much as KITT ever did.

So the 21st century version of KITT would need to be more impressive than that. Green technology would be the way to go. Build a car that's entirely self contained with it's own solar panels to charge the battery and that would be even more so. Hell, even add a little mini windmill on the roof that you could mount during tornado season if you live in the Midwest. Or hurricane season in the Southeast, for that matter.
    And just when I thought you'd stopped being gay, you post this...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Saw a Tesla drive by the other day. Kind of weird seeing it drive by and not hearing anything.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Tesla just bought Solar City which is building/has built a massive complex in South Buffalo, NY. I hope to God it all works in the long run or we have a massive White Elephant...

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Saw a Tesla drive by the other day. Kind of weird seeing it drive by and not hearing anything.
    I like the Tesla Roadster, mainly because it's basically a Lotus Elise clone. And I don't care how hard Tesla argues that it only shares seven percent of its parts with the Elise - it's an Elise clone. But that's cool cause the Elise kicks ass.

I know a guy who has a Tesla S sedan and it's pretty damn cool. I should have taken him up on his offer to take it down the road, never driven an electric car before.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

There's going to be a lot of Teslas parked here in the next few months. They're building condos next to The Peace Bridge which is the span between Buffalo and Ontario for the ownership group...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I like the Tesla Roadster, mainly because it's basically a Lotus Elise clone. And I don't care how hard Tesla argues that it only shares seven percent of its parts with the Elise - it's an Elise clone. But that's cool cause the Elise kicks ass.

I know a guy who has a Tesla S sedan and it's pretty damn cool. I should have taken him up on his offer to take it down the road, never driven an electric car before.
    I like the Elise. Haven't seen one local in a while.

The dealer I got my SRT from has an Alfa Romeo store. I might swing by there and check out a 4C. Not sure I need something as similar to my SRT though.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I like the Elise. Haven't seen one local in a while.

The dealer I got my SRT from has an Alfa Romeo store. I might swing by there and check out a 4C. Not sure I need something as similar to my SRT though.
    I got to drive one about 10 years ago. It was a damn blast. I'd love to own one.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Like the world needs beaker in a sports car .....

Thread Information