Thread: So what happens if......

Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2014 @ 08:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks

So what happens if......

What happens IF, by some cosmic misalignment, Ed, Al, and Mike go on tour with Dave next time out? Will there still be the "I hate Eddie" mentality here? Will the tour be nothing more than another Clear Channel oldies but fucking goodies tour? Will Ted marry Jill even though Mary is the mother of his unborn child?

Seriously, it does make me wonder what some will say...and do. Personally I'm all for a reunion....even after all that has happened. However, it is going to take some convincing for me to believe that their hearts are truly in it. I believe that this tour was supposed to be with Sammy and Dave, but Dave would not do it. People will laugh at that, and I have no proof that I can give to back it up. However, it just seems that it was thrown together rather hastily, as if they were scrambling to come up with something. It also seems REALLY strange that not one bad word has been uttered from Dave's mouth about them. He hasn't said a fucking thing, except for the EMT comment...and that was second hand info. Also might explain why Dave isn't touring this summer.....perhaps he was going to do the VH tour, and decided against it. And I could see why he would decide against it too. Think about it, if anything went wrong, who would get the blame....he would. Plus, he knows that tour wouldn't last with him and Ronald McDonald.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

lms2
    If Dave were to reuinite with VH yes you would still have the I hate Eddie mentality. Things will never be like 1984 again, and the army fans would need someone to blame it on. Poor Dave would do everything right and the brothers would fuck it all up.

Not so unusual for Dave to not say anything bad. He really does try to take the high road. Sometimes everyone one has enough and will lash out. That is just not typical Dave style. It is more his style to see how it will pan out, and then make his comments. You don't look like as much of an idiot that way.

As for a future reunion. I used to be all for it. After this tour fiasco, now I am not so sure. I will have to try and catch VH and see for myself if Eddie has totally lost it, or what type of feelings I get from seeing Ed Al and Mike live. Then I will make my final judgment.

Maybe EMT classes will give Dave what he needs to "revive the DOA Van Hagar boys", but really, Dave is only human. Saving Van Halen at this point would take divine intervention.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    11-19-2005 @ 08:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks

People here will probably say fuck no we won't go...but really...probably all of us will. I know I would go.

lms2
    Dave fans would go see Dave anywhere, anytime. It is called loyalty. I just wish Dave would do something right now to earn it.

lms2
    Going to New York and having a medical emergency is a bit extreme, but I am working on it.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Im sure most of us would love to see them together, one more time. No doubt. I could even forgive the sisters, too, even after all they
    have done to us original fans. Just to see Dave's smilin face alongside Eddie one more time..

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-18-2010 @ 02:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I will go and spend ANY $$$ to support Dave!!! He's been fucked enough by them. Hell, I've been on his side since I saw my first show in '84 and I sure as hell ain't bailing now!!!

I'll wear my "It Ain't VH W/O DLR" shirt and throw a banner that reads:

DAVE IS KING!!!!!

About time Edward gets knocked off his pedestal a notch or two!!!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2015 @ 08:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I definately want to see the original Van Halen back for at least one more album and one more tour. They can't finish off with Sammy. If they close with Dave, they at least go out on a high with big crowds, and plenty of international media coverage.

I think Dave's ongoing silence over this Van Hagar tour does add to the speculation that some sort of deal has been done for next year, or beyond.

Welcome back, Dave!!!
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2022 @ 08:32 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Ed will always be hated by fellow musicians and fans. Ed has become much worse than anything bad he thought about Dave. his ego is bigger and he has alot of personal issues.

Ed has lied to many times and screwed Dave too many times to not be hated. his response at the MTV awards was proof.

he for some reason is embarrassed by his past that most musicsians could dream of having. there is a problem when you dont release any classic stuff on cd or dvd and still slam Dave all the way to his grave.

I will go no doubt and hope it has a flash of the old magic which depp inside I think there would be, only cause dave seems to have that touch but I can never forgive ed for damaging the VH name and telling the lies he has told over the years.

the old Ed had that kid like image and I know at 36 I still have it even with 2 kids. the Ed of today has lost that and when you lose your youth there is no getting it back. you can never forget your youth, if you do you def become a lost soul. sad but true.

I will always remember the old Ed though and love watching him on the 84' MTV vids.

JCOOK
    I DONT HATE ED. HELL I LOVE THE GUY ALL IEVER WANTED TO BE WHEN I WAS GROWING UP WAS DAVE OR ED THEY WERE SO FUCKING COOL! I DO HATE WHAT EDS DONE TO HIMSELF AND THE LEGACY OF VH. I'M PISSED OFF AT LIKE A BROTHER WOULD BE. VH HAS BECOME JOKE AND THATS' SAD.

Your Own Personal Satan
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-06-2021 @ 02:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks

- I will definitely go, possibly a couple of times
    - Eddie has always been my #1 guitar hero, but I guess you can be one of the greatest guitar players and a jerk at the same time.
    - I can deal with Fredo, I mean Alex, VH and Mike, just can the solos, especially Mikes for christ sakes!

On a side note, I can imagine the idea of both singers was floated but I can't imagine either one agreeing to it, especially sam since he would get booed, and wouldn't get to do the closing number.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-18-2013 @ 10:25 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Unfortunately it will never happen.

Your Own Personal Satan
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-06-2021 @ 02:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Chong Li
    Unfortunately it will never happen.

If I was a betting man, that's what I'd bet on.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    If Dave was involved.. he walked away because Alex is a prick and Edward can't get his shit together...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 09:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,286 Times in 1,504 Posts

Blog Entries
    Even if classic Van Halen reunited and went on tour next year, fuck the brothers for making us wait so long.

Had no use for them after Roth left the band, and don't really have any use for 'em even if Roth rejoins.

Thread Information