X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur

I do see similarities between brexit in the U.K. And the trump support. That doesn't bode well , the whole demand for change regardless of what that change is.
    Now we have Regrexit people who regret voting for Brexit as a fuck you to the system without realizing what would happen, I've met 2 in the last few weeks and the shit hasn't fully hit the fan yet.

What will they call that in the US Regrump?

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Oh another thing , did any one else think the host was a bit meh. He hardly held them to account or kept it on track.
      Cracks me up to see the Stormtrumpers all over the net claiming that Lester Holt was a "third debater" helping Hillary, because he dared to try to get him to actually answer one or two questions (unsuccessfully, as it turns out).

Trump himself tried to dismiss Holt as a "Democrat" before the debate, playing off the typical "Librul Media" lie that the right wing always drags out. Holt is actually a registered Republican, though his reputation as a news anchor is to play it straight down the middle.

Considering it's the party hacks who control this so-called "commission" on debates, no doubt they were looking for the blandest host available.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• silverfish
        Foot Soldier
        • Mar 2007

Has anyone asked him when America was great ? That's not a knock am just curious to how he quantifies great .
        That's actually a pretty good question I'd love to see posed to him by a moderator.
        "Make America great again" - exactly what point in time of our history is he referring to?
        Originally posted by sadaist
        I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Rudy 9u11ani says Drumpf should "skip" remaining debates

Giuliani: I'd skip next debates if I were Trump

By Matthew Nussbaum

09/27/16 12:45 AM EDT

Updated 09/27/16 01:21 AM EDT

Donald Trump should skip the next two debates unless he gets special guarantees from the moderators, former New York mayor and top Trump adviser Rudy Giuliani told reporters after the debate.

Lester Holt, the NBC News anchor who moderated the debate, should be “ashamed of himself,” Giuliani said after the debate. He said Holt was wrong to attempt to fact-check Trump on the constitutionality of stop-and-frisk and his claimed opposition to the Iraq War.

“If I were Donald Trump I wouldn’t participate in another debate unless I was promised that the journalist would act like a journalist and not an incorrect, ignorant fact checker,” Giuliani said. “The moderator would have to promise that there would be a moderator and not a fact checker and in two particular cases an enormously ignorant, completely misinformed fact checker.”

“If you wonder why Donald Trump thinks that the press is a left-wing basically oriented group, Lester Holt proved it tonight," he added.

He later clarified about future debates: “I didn’t say what I’m advising him, I said what I would do.”

Trump himself had no problem with Holt's performance. The moderator did a "fine" job, Trump said.

But Giuliani was especially piqued by Holt’s claim that “stop and frisk was ruled unconstitutional in New York.”

“No, you're wrong. It went before a judge who was a very-against-police judge,” Trump responded. “It was taken away from her and our mayor, our new mayor, refused to go forward with the case. They would have won an appeal.”

“Stop and frisk is completely constitutional and the American people have been given the false impression that it isn’t,” Giuliani said.

A federal district court judge ruled in 2013 that New York City’s stop-and-frisk policy violated the Constitution. Mayor Bill de Blasio, who ran on a platform opposing stop-and-frisk, ended the policy soon after taking office.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by silverfish
              That's actually a pretty good question I'd love to see posed to him by a moderator.
              "Make America great again" - exactly what point in time of our history is he referring to?
              I think he's saying the 1950s right up until some new kid caused his car to get wrecked and filled with manure...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                “No, you're wrong. It went before a judge who was a very-against-police judge,” Trump responded.
                All that money spent on his education and he speaks like an 8 year old...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

I've only watched maybe half of the debate but my advice to Trump at this point is prepare to get your ass handed to you on election day. There's no coming back from a piss poor performance like that.
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    I've only watched maybe half of the debate but my advice to Trump at this point is prepare to get your ass handed to you on election day. There's no coming back from a piss poor performance like that.
                    So.... can Dr. Stein count on your vote?
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's the money thing.

I think it may have been posted before that before his comedy roast the organizers asked if there was anything that he wanted as being out of bounds for the comedians to hit him with. Most people might say my kids, my infidelities, if you had an ex wife who had made a rape accusation maybe that. The only thing he ruled out was that no one was allowed to imply he wasn't as rich as he says he is.

He was keeping it kind of together until Clinton started mentioning his money and that's when he fell to bits. She should start a thing on that at the next debate no matter the question. I'm still amazed he went with saying he didn't pay any tax 'Because he is smart'.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
                        So.... can Dr. Stein count on your vote?
                        That would be a wasted vote. What's Bernie been up to lately?
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

[QUOTE=FORD;1915468]
                          “Stop and frisk is completely constitutional and the American people have been given the false impression that it isn’t,” Giuliani said.

A federal district court judge ruled in 2013 that New York City’s stop-and-frisk policy violated the Constitution. Mayor Bill de Blasio, who ran on a platform opposing stop-and-frisk, ended the policy soon after taking office.
                          I'm not following Giuliani's argument. A judge did rule it was unconstitutional and the people voted it out anyway. This wasn't some minor judge with PMS it was a chief judge approved by senate who wrote a 200 page judgement. This law also didn't do much anyway apart from piss off minorities, they rarely found anything in literally millions of searches. The New York crime reduction is always hijacked for various political ends usually 'tough on crime' people all over the world but they never mention that they massively increased spending on the police and there was a big change at the same time economically and demographically.

It's all ancient history now, this is stuff from over a quarter of a century ago. Why Trump would base his whole law and order answers on an old policy from 1980s NYC reeks of Guiliani advising it to re-fight his old losses.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            I'm still amazed he went with saying he didn't pay any tax 'Because he is smart'.
                            That and the "I'm a businessman" response to Hillary's accusation he was hoping the real estate market would crash so he could take advantage of the situation.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

That would be a wasted vote.
                              The concept of a wasted vote doesn't really work the more you think about it. Your single vote isn't going to change the outcome. If you think it has any influence at all it probably has more voting for minor candidates because the bigger parties will modify their platforms to try and get as many of the crucial independant/swing voters.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

That would be a wasted vote. What's Bernie been up to lately?
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...