Thread: 1st Presidential Debate

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Not true for either of those 2 weirdos tonight although I am still convinced that one is much worse than the other.
    He just appears more evil because he's more transparent.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked cadaverdog for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (09-27-2016)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I just saw ads that said Get To Know Donald Trump. After tonight's debate he might want to rethink that campaign.

4. Thanked cadaverdog for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (09-27-2016)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

I thought Clinton came over well , trump was , well I don't think he will get new voters from this but I think his voters will bet put off now if they have bought into it now.

Fact checker has to be the best job , they were on double time plus bonus last night.

Has anyone asked him when America was great ? That's not a knock am just curious to how he quantifies great . Am sure America has done many great things but I doubt those social advancements are what he is talking about.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think the not paying tax dig hit hard , especially the line he handnt paid for troops and vets etc.
    She did come across as more disciplined.
    I got to echo what sesh said , what have people done to get such shit representatives.
    I do see similarities between brexit in the U.K. And the trump support. That doesn't bode well , the whole demand for change regardless of what that change is.

I got to say she did look odd , I wonder if she is one of the bots off the the new Westworld show
    Last edited by vandeleur; 09-27-2016 at 05:15 AM.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh another thing , did any one else think the host was a bit meh. He hardly held them to account or kept it on track.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post

I do see similarities between brexit in the U.K. And the trump support. That doesn't bode well , the whole demand for change regardless of what that change is.
    Now we have Regrexit people who regret voting for Brexit as a fuck you to the system without realizing what would happen, I've met 2 in the last few weeks and the shit hasn't fully hit the fan yet.

What will they call that in the US Regrump?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Oh another thing , did any one else think the host was a bit meh. He hardly held them to account or kept it on track.
    Cracks me up to see the Stormtrumpers all over the net claiming that Lester Holt was a "third debater" helping Hillary, because he dared to try to get him to actually answer one or two questions (unsuccessfully, as it turns out).

Trump himself tried to dismiss Holt as a "Democrat" before the debate, playing off the typical "Librul Media" lie that the right wing always drags out. Holt is actually a registered Republican, though his reputation as a news anchor is to play it straight down the middle.

Considering it's the party hacks who control this so-called "commission" on debates, no doubt they were looking for the blandest host available.

Charcoal Mellowed
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Has anyone asked him when America was great ? That's not a knock am just curious to how he quantifies great .
    That's actually a pretty good question I'd love to see posed to him by a moderator.
    "Make America great again" - exactly what point in time of our history is he referring to?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Rudy 9u11ani says Drumpf should "skip" remaining debates

Giuliani: I'd skip next debates if I were Trump

By Matthew Nussbaum

09/27/16 12:45 AM EDT

Updated 09/27/16 01:21 AM EDT

Donald Trump should skip the next two debates unless he gets special guarantees from the moderators, former New York mayor and top Trump adviser Rudy Giuliani told reporters after the debate.

Lester Holt, the NBC News anchor who moderated the debate, should be “ashamed of himself,” Giuliani said after the debate. He said Holt was wrong to attempt to fact-check Trump on the constitutionality of stop-and-frisk and his claimed opposition to the Iraq War.

“If I were Donald Trump I wouldn’t participate in another debate unless I was promised that the journalist would act like a journalist and not an incorrect, ignorant fact checker,” Giuliani said. “The moderator would have to promise that there would be a moderator and not a fact checker and in two particular cases an enormously ignorant, completely misinformed fact checker.”

“If you wonder why Donald Trump thinks that the press is a left-wing basically oriented group, Lester Holt proved it tonight," he added.

He later clarified about future debates: “I didn’t say what I’m advising him, I said what I would do.”

Trump himself had no problem with Holt's performance. The moderator did a "fine" job, Trump said.

But Giuliani was especially piqued by Holt’s claim that “stop and frisk was ruled unconstitutional in New York.”

“No, you're wrong. It went before a judge who was a very-against-police judge,” Trump responded. “It was taken away from her and our mayor, our new mayor, refused to go forward with the case. They would have won an appeal.”

“Stop and frisk is completely constitutional and the American people have been given the false impression that it isn’t,” Giuliani said.

A federal district court judge ruled in 2013 that New York City’s stop-and-frisk policy violated the Constitution. Mayor Bill de Blasio, who ran on a platform opposing stop-and-frisk, ended the policy soon after taking office.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
    That's actually a pretty good question I'd love to see posed to him by a moderator.
    "Make America great again" - exactly what point in time of our history is he referring to?
    I think he's saying the 1950s right up until some new kid caused his car to get wrecked and filled with manure...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    “No, you're wrong. It went before a judge who was a very-against-police judge,” Trump responded.
    All that money spent on his education and he speaks like an 8 year old...

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I've only watched maybe half of the debate but my advice to Trump at this point is prepare to get your ass handed to you on election day. There's no coming back from a piss poor performance like that.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I've only watched maybe half of the debate but my advice to Trump at this point is prepare to get your ass handed to you on election day. There's no coming back from a piss poor performance like that.
    So.... can Dr. Stein count on your vote?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's the money thing.

I think it may have been posted before that before his comedy roast the organizers asked if there was anything that he wanted as being out of bounds for the comedians to hit him with. Most people might say my kids, my infidelities, if you had an ex wife who had made a rape accusation maybe that. The only thing he ruled out was that no one was allowed to imply he wasn't as rich as he says he is.

He was keeping it kind of together until Clinton started mentioning his money and that's when he fell to bits. She should start a thing on that at the next debate no matter the question. I'm still amazed he went with saying he didn't pay any tax 'Because he is smart'.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So.... can Dr. Stein count on your vote?
    That would be a wasted vote. What's Bernie been up to lately?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

[QUOTE=FORD;1915468]
    “Stop and frisk is completely constitutional and the American people have been given the false impression that it isn’t,” Giuliani said.

A federal district court judge ruled in 2013 that New York City’s stop-and-frisk policy violated the Constitution. Mayor Bill de Blasio, who ran on a platform opposing stop-and-frisk, ended the policy soon after taking office.
    I'm not following Giuliani's argument. A judge did rule it was unconstitutional and the people voted it out anyway. This wasn't some minor judge with PMS it was a chief judge approved by senate who wrote a 200 page judgement. This law also didn't do much anyway apart from piss off minorities, they rarely found anything in literally millions of searches. The New York crime reduction is always hijacked for various political ends usually 'tough on crime' people all over the world but they never mention that they massively increased spending on the police and there was a big change at the same time economically and demographically.

It's all ancient history now, this is stuff from over a quarter of a century ago. Why Trump would base his whole law and order answers on an old policy from 1980s NYC reeks of Guiliani advising it to re-fight his old losses.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm still amazed he went with saying he didn't pay any tax 'Because he is smart'.
    That and the "I'm a businessman" response to Hillary's accusation he was hoping the real estate market would crash so he could take advantage of the situation.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That would be a wasted vote.
    The concept of a wasted vote doesn't really work the more you think about it. Your single vote isn't going to change the outcome. If you think it has any influence at all it probably has more voting for minor candidates because the bigger parties will modify their platforms to try and get as many of the crucial independant/swing voters.

22. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

FORD (09-27-2016)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That would be a wasted vote. What's Bernie been up to lately?
    https://ourrevolution.com/

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Trump didn't do himself any favors with this debate, in my opinion. However, it doesn't matter.

You go anywhere in this State, or any others I've been in since he started this campaign, and the people that have lived on Democratic Government handouts for ages, are all Trump supporters. It's almost as if they don't believe he'll take their freebies from them. I have been in several UAW GM and Chrysler auto plants in both Michigan and Ohio in the last few weeks, and the amount of Trump supporters in those plants, is nothing short of astronomical. My buddy is a long time IBEW worker, and he says a huge majority of their voters are voting for Trump. While it pissed me off to no end that he gets away with paying no Federal taxes, most of his supporters are overlooking it, and saying Hillbillary is paying hers with stolen money, so what's the difference? Basically, it's 6 of one, and half a dozen of the other. But there is a huge majority of people that have bought into Trump, and that ain't going to change based on a few debates. He is stealing a whole shitload of normally Democratic votes, and that is what will propel him to a win. Hillbillary better hope the minorities and women get out and vote, because that's her only chance. 85 million motherfuckers weren't watching that debate to see Hillbillary.

It's a crying shame we (I know Ford thinks otherwise, but it's a fact, there are only 2 candidates) are limited to these two clowns. It is sickening that one of these two will be President.

They are both scum.

Giuliani has a lot of balls. That motherfucker has been married several times, and got busted having extramarital affairs himself. How the fuck he could ever fix his mouth to say this shit, is beyond me. Oh wait, he's a politician. They are all two faced lying scumbags.

But Giuliani insisted that Trump is “too reserved and too gentlemanly to say what I would have said. . . . I sure would have talked about what [Hillary Clinton] did to Monica Lewinsky. The president of the United States, her husband, disgraced this country with what he did in the Oval Office, and she didn’t just stand by him, she attacked Monica Lewinsky. And after being married to Bill Clinton for 20 years, if you didn’t know the moment Monica Lewinsky said that Bill Clinton violated her that she was telling the truth, then you’re too stupid to be president.”

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    I think Hillary fared well at the debate.

Trump came off as fairly (and surprisingly) disciplined for about ten minutes or so. Then he clearly let Hillary get under his thin skin, and his continual interruptions while Hillary was speaking (along with his personally working the post-debate spin room) tended to reinforce the notion that he's...he lacks self-control, really. And I hope it was a case of him failing to do any prep for the debate, because if he turned in the performance he did despite prepping for the debate, he may as well skip the rest of them: it's difficult for me to see how his attitude, lack of ability to recall any specific data to bolster his opinions and general demeanor would persuade anybody still undecided to vote for him.

Somebody needs to explain to Trump that simply playing to the base which got him this far isn't going to get him past the finish ahead of Clinton in November: there are plenty of voters who haven't been paying attention to the race up until now, and if the debate was somebody's first exposure to Trump, it wasn't good. I'm not going to say it was an unmitigated disaster for Trump, but it wasn't a good night for him.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Somebody needs to explain to Trump that simply playing to the base which got him this far isn't going to get him past the finish ahead of Clinton in November: there are plenty of voters who haven't been paying attention to the race up until now, and if the debate was somebody's first exposure to Trump, it wasn't good.
    I guess I'm going to have to watch the rest of that debate because I wouldn't say he was playing to his base with the performance I've seen so far. The only part of his base that could be happy about the fact he hasn't paid taxes in years because he's smart but he thinks taxes should be cut for other rich bastards like him who probably don't pay taxes either is the other rich bastards. After I heard that bullshit and a few other things he spewed forth I was ready to say Fuck Trump and hope Hillary isn't the Anti Christ, which I'm pretty sure she is.
    Then I see this.
    http://www.snopes.com/palestinian-te...on-foundation/
    I see this as taking sides with an enemy of one of our allies. If I was that Nutty Yahoo guy Ford's always talking about I'd be pissed.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    You go anywhere in this State, or any others I've been in since he started this campaign, and the people that have lived on Democratic Government handouts for ages, are all Trump supporters. It's almost as if they don't believe he'll take their freebies from them.
    Same thing happened here with Brexit, the places that all relied on the grants from Europe voted to leave it.

People are stupid with no imagination. They think because things are a bit shitty for them they can't get a fuck of a lot worse.

Turkeys voting for Xmas...

29. 3 users say thank you to Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (09-29-2016),katina (09-29-2016),Terry (09-29-2016)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I guess I'm going to have to watch the rest of that debate because I wouldn't say he was playing to his base with the performance I've seen so far. The only part of his base that could be happy about the fact he hasn't paid taxes in years because he's smart but he thinks taxes should be cut for other rich bastards like him who probably don't pay taxes either is the other rich bastards. After I heard that bullshit and a few other things he spewed forth I was ready to say Fuck Trump and hope Hillary isn't the Anti Christ, which I'm pretty sure she is.
    Then I see this.

I see this as taking sides with an enemy of one of our allies. If I was that Nutty Yahoo guy Ford's always talking about I'd be pissed.
    You need to read that to the end. Just one of a lot of people who spoke, not honored and it was her husband not her.

Without getting into the whole Israel thing and who are the good guys these days which is dubious, this reeks of a fuckup rather than taking sides because you know that she would never deliberately risk upsetting all her support in the Jewish lobby.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You need to read that to the end. Just one of a lot of people who spoke, not honored and it was her husband not her.

Without getting into the whole Israel thing and who are the good guys these days which is dubious, this reeks of a fuckup rather than taking sides because you know that she would never deliberately risk upsetting all her support in the Jewish lobby.
    I concur. Whatever else one may say about Mrs. Clinton, her bona fides in terms of her consistent support for Israel (sometimes in my opinion surpassing logic, reason or fairness where the Israel/Palestine conflict is concerned) over the last two decades are beyond question.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Then I see this.
    What I was really making reference to was Trump's tone, demeanor, clear lack of preparation and (relative to Clinton at the debate) shallowness of depth in terms of an ability to cite factual data to bolster the opinions he was stating. I can't imagine a voter who is just starting to pay attention and seriously consider who they would vote for heard or saw much from Trump Monday night that would sway them toward his side. What I saw was a man who was more concerned with correcting the record on himself than providing a vision for the average voter as to what he intended to do for them.

Apparently Trump feels he now needs to bring up stories of Bill Clinton's affairs from twenty years ago, and how Hillary reacted to them back then, to make his case for why HE should be President. However, Trump's own personal life and history with his spouses really doesn't leave him on moral high ground to make such a case. Trump, at this stage of the election, needs to start making the case in detail for exactly how he is going to make America great again to the undecided voters. On the economic front, all Trump has offered are hazy "maybe we will do something about this" on tax rates for top earners and corporations (he appears in favor of lowering them), raising of tariffs/negating trade agreements and the boilerplate supply side / trickle down theories that republicans have been favoring for 35 years. Nothing on infrastructure investments or a large-scale jobs program connected to that. Nothing of substance.

Serious voters don't care about Donald Trump's life or problems. They care about their own. If Trump allows himself to get taken down the rabbit hole by Hillary in the remaining debates and spends more time talking about himself (and how wonderful he thinks he is) than what he wants to do for the American people, it's not going to serve him or his campaign well.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

In the barrage of bullshit I had forgotten until someone reminded me today that when the topic of cyber security came up, Trump basically said that he was going to put his son in charge of the fight against Chinese hackers and ISIS.

I have a son. He's 10 years old. He has computers. He is so good with these computers, it's unbelievable. The security aspect of cyber is very, very tough. And maybe it's hardly doable. But I will say, we are not doing the job we should be doing. But that's true throughout our whole governmental society. We have so many things that we have to do better, Lester, and certainly cyber is one of them.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Apparently Trump feels he now needs to bring up stories of Bill Clinton's affairs from twenty years ago, and how Hillary reacted to them back then, to make his case for why HE should be President. However, Trump's own personal life and history with his spouses really doesn't leave him on moral high ground to make such a case.
    The only thing I like about Trump is that he clearly has no religious beliefs.

The fact he got so many evangelical endorsements just shows those people for what they are.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The FundaMENTALists probably think that Trump is crazy enough to start the worldwide nuclear apocalypse, and that's when Jesus flips the rapture switch and beams all the good people up to Heaven, leaving all the sinners, heathens, and especially Libruls down here to suffer from radiation sickness or fuck knows what else.

No seriously, I went to school with some people who loved Reagan's arms race with the Soviets for exactly that reason. They were actually hoping FOR a nuclear war. And this bunch today is far crazier than those guys were!

Turns out that the "nuclear apocalypse" vote is definitely in Drumpf's favor!

Last edited by FORD; 09-29-2016 at 08:15 PM.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,615 Posts

Serious voters don't care about Donald Trump's life or problems. They care about their own.
    I like the memes. The one about Melania Trump wearing a $2500 or whatever it was dress to the debate...what the fuck do I care? She's not an option on the ballot. Who the fuck comes up with this shit and thinks it's gonna make someone consider voting for Clinton?

Same with the commercials. Some pro-Clinton group (or maybe the Clinton campaign) is running one with all Trump quotes, including the "go fuck yourself!" one. A lot of people are going to say "yeah!" to that one, not vote for Clinton because of it.

I don't care for either candidate. Might just vote local this year.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 09-29-2016 at 09:47 PM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't think young people are going to vote and that could hand it to Trump.

They do polls but I don't think they weigh them enough to who actually votes.

The over 50s decide everything because the under 30s don't vote enough. Clinton should have put Bernie on as VP.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 09-29-2016 at 10:38 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Some wag on Twitter posted "I've waited 18 years to vote and these are my options" maybe reflective of young people's over joyed reaction to the democratic process

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Some wag on Twitter posted "I've waited 18 years to vote and these are my options" maybe reflective of young people's over joyed reaction to the democratic process
    Typical pussified snowflake attitude. We should ship em all to Syria and see how they like it

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

This season kicks ass.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

43. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (09-30-2016)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

The only thing I like about Trump is that he clearly has no religious beliefs.

The fact he got so many evangelical endorsements just shows those people for what they are.
    I'm pretty sure he thinks he's a god and worships the mirror...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Trump doubles down and his stupidity with drunken middle of the night "Miss Piggy" tweets:

Reporting from Washington
    Sarah D. Wire
    Trump continues attacks on former Miss Universe with middle-of-the-night tweets

Donald Trump said Friday that Democratic presidential rival Hillary Clinton was "duped" into using his comments about a "disgusting" former Miss Universe to attack him.

Trump has repeatedly gone after 1996 Miss Universe winner Alicia Machado, now a U.S. citizen living in Los Angeles, after Clinton brought her up in Monday night's presidential debate.

She said Trump called Machado "Miss Piggy" when she gained weight after the pageant, and “Miss Housekeeping,” a dig at her Venezuelan ethnicity.

“Donald, she has a name: Her name is Alicia Machado,” Clinton said. “She has become a U.S. citizen, and you can bet she’s going to vote this November.”

Trump told Fox News the next morning that the moment "rattled" him, and he's attacked Machado's character in a series of television interviews in the days since. Machado has defended herself in a series of interviews as well, saying Trump's criticism of her body contributed to her eating disorder.

His push back against Machado and Clinton is reminiscent of Trump's criticism of the Muslim parents of a U.S. soldier who died in Iraq following their emotional appearance at the Democratic National Convention.

In a series of early morning tweets Friday, Trump alluded to a 1998 accusation against Machado of being an accomplice to an attempted murder (the charges were dropped) and speculated about how Machado became a U.S. citizen.

LINK

Thread Information