• Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Trump didn't do himself any favors with this debate, in my opinion. However, it doesn't matter.

You go anywhere in this State, or any others I've been in since he started this campaign, and the people that have lived on Democratic Government handouts for ages, are all Trump supporters. It's almost as if they don't believe he'll take their freebies from them. I have been in several UAW GM and Chrysler auto plants in both Michigan and Ohio in the last few weeks, and the amount of Trump supporters in those plants, is nothing short of astronomical. My buddy is a long time IBEW worker, and he says a huge majority of their voters are voting for Trump. While it pissed me off to no end that he gets away with paying no Federal taxes, most of his supporters are overlooking it, and saying Hillbillary is paying hers with stolen money, so what's the difference? Basically, it's 6 of one, and half a dozen of the other. But there is a huge majority of people that have bought into Trump, and that ain't going to change based on a few debates. He is stealing a whole shitload of normally Democratic votes, and that is what will propel him to a win. Hillbillary better hope the minorities and women get out and vote, because that's her only chance. 85 million motherfuckers weren't watching that debate to see Hillbillary.

It's a crying shame we (I know Ford thinks otherwise, but it's a fact, there are only 2 candidates) are limited to these two clowns. It is sickening that one of these two will be President.

They are both scum.

Giuliani has a lot of balls. That motherfucker has been married several times, and got busted having extramarital affairs himself. How the fuck he could ever fix his mouth to say this shit, is beyond me. Oh wait, he's a politician. They are all two faced lying scumbags.

But Giuliani insisted that Trump is “too reserved and too gentlemanly to say what I would have said. . . . I sure would have talked about what [Hillary Clinton] did to Monica Lewinsky. The president of the United States, her husband, disgraced this country with what he did in the Oval Office, and she didn’t just stand by him, she attacked Monica Lewinsky. And after being married to Bill Clinton for 20 years, if you didn’t know the moment Monica Lewinsky said that Bill Clinton violated her that she was telling the truth, then you’re too stupid to be president.”

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

I think Hillary fared well at the debate.

Trump came off as fairly (and surprisingly) disciplined for about ten minutes or so. Then he clearly let Hillary get under his thin skin, and his continual interruptions while Hillary was speaking (along with his personally working the post-debate spin room) tended to reinforce the notion that he's...he lacks self-control, really. And I hope it was a case of him failing to do any prep for the debate, because if he turned in the performance he did despite prepping for the debate, he may as well skip the rest of them: it's difficult for me to see how his attitude, lack of ability to recall any specific data to bolster his opinions and general demeanor would persuade anybody still undecided to vote for him.

Somebody needs to explain to Trump that simply playing to the base which got him this far isn't going to get him past the finish ahead of Clinton in November: there are plenty of voters who haven't been paying attention to the race up until now, and if the debate was somebody's first exposure to Trump, it wasn't good. I'm not going to say it was an unmitigated disaster for Trump, but it wasn't a good night for him.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Terry
          Somebody needs to explain to Trump that simply playing to the base which got him this far isn't going to get him past the finish ahead of Clinton in November: there are plenty of voters who haven't been paying attention to the race up until now, and if the debate was somebody's first exposure to Trump, it wasn't good.
          I guess I'm going to have to watch the rest of that debate because I wouldn't say he was playing to his base with the performance I've seen so far. The only part of his base that could be happy about the fact he hasn't paid taxes in years because he's smart but he thinks taxes should be cut for other rich bastards like him who probably don't pay taxes either is the other rich bastards. After I heard that bullshit and a few other things he spewed forth I was ready to say Fuck Trump and hope Hillary isn't the Anti Christ, which I'm pretty sure she is.
          Then I see this.
          Critics contend the Clinton Foundation "honored" the wife of a "bomb-making terrorist" by inviting award-winning Palestinian educator Hanan al-Hroub to speak at a dinner event.

I see this as taking sides with an enemy of one of our allies. If I was that Nutty Yahoo guy Ford's always talking about I'd be pissed.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
            You go anywhere in this State, or any others I've been in since he started this campaign, and the people that have lived on Democratic Government handouts for ages, are all Trump supporters. It's almost as if they don't believe he'll take their freebies from them.
            Same thing happened here with Brexit, the places that all relied on the grants from Europe voted to leave it.

People are stupid with no imagination. They think because things are a bit shitty for them they can't get a fuck of a lot worse.

Turkeys voting for Xmas...

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I guess I'm going to have to watch the rest of that debate because I wouldn't say he was playing to his base with the performance I've seen so far. The only part of his base that could be happy about the fact he hasn't paid taxes in years because he's smart but he thinks taxes should be cut for other rich bastards like him who probably don't pay taxes either is the other rich bastards. After I heard that bullshit and a few other things he spewed forth I was ready to say Fuck Trump and hope Hillary isn't the Anti Christ, which I'm pretty sure she is.
              Then I see this.
              Critics contend the Clinton Foundation "honored" the wife of a "bomb-making terrorist" by inviting award-winning Palestinian educator Hanan al-Hroub to speak at a dinner event.

I see this as taking sides with an enemy of one of our allies. If I was that Nutty Yahoo guy Ford's always talking about I'd be pissed.
              You need to read that to the end. Just one of a lot of people who spoke, not honored and it was her husband not her.

Without getting into the whole Israel thing and who are the good guys these days which is dubious, this reeks of a fuckup rather than taking sides because you know that she would never deliberately risk upsetting all her support in the Jewish lobby.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                You need to read that to the end. Just one of a lot of people who spoke, not honored and it was her husband not her.

Without getting into the whole Israel thing and who are the good guys these days which is dubious, this reeks of a fuckup rather than taking sides because you know that she would never deliberately risk upsetting all her support in the Jewish lobby.
                I concur. Whatever else one may say about Mrs. Clinton, her bona fides in terms of her consistent support for Israel (sometimes in my opinion surpassing logic, reason or fairness where the Israel/Palestine conflict is concerned) over the last two decades are beyond question.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  Then I see this.

What I was really making reference to was Trump's tone, demeanor, clear lack of preparation and (relative to Clinton at the debate) shallowness of depth in terms of an ability to cite factual data to bolster the opinions he was stating. I can't imagine a voter who is just starting to pay attention and seriously consider who they would vote for heard or saw much from Trump Monday night that would sway them toward his side. What I saw was a man who was more concerned with correcting the record on himself than providing a vision for the average voter as to what he intended to do for them.

Apparently Trump feels he now needs to bring up stories of Bill Clinton's affairs from twenty years ago, and how Hillary reacted to them back then, to make his case for why HE should be President. However, Trump's own personal life and history with his spouses really doesn't leave him on moral high ground to make such a case. Trump, at this stage of the election, needs to start making the case in detail for exactly how he is going to make America great again to the undecided voters. On the economic front, all Trump has offered are hazy "maybe we will do something about this" on tax rates for top earners and corporations (he appears in favor of lowering them), raising of tariffs/negating trade agreements and the boilerplate supply side / trickle down theories that republicans have been favoring for 35 years. Nothing on infrastructure investments or a large-scale jobs program connected to that. Nothing of substance.

Serious voters don't care about Donald Trump's life or problems. They care about their own. If Trump allows himself to get taken down the rabbit hole by Hillary in the remaining debates and spends more time talking about himself (and how wonderful he thinks he is) than what he wants to do for the American people, it's not going to serve him or his campaign well.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

In the barrage of bullshit I had forgotten until someone reminded me today that when the topic of cyber security came up, Trump basically said that he was going to put his son in charge of the fight against Chinese hackers and ISIS.

I have a son. He's 10 years old. He has computers. He is so good with these computers, it's unbelievable. The security aspect of cyber is very, very tough. And maybe it's hardly doable. But I will say, we are not doing the job we should be doing. But that's true throughout our whole governmental society. We have so many things that we have to do better, Lester, and certainly cyber is one of them.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Apparently Trump feels he now needs to bring up stories of Bill Clinton's affairs from twenty years ago, and how Hillary reacted to them back then, to make his case for why HE should be President. However, Trump's own personal life and history with his spouses really doesn't leave him on moral high ground to make such a case.
                      The only thing I like about Trump is that he clearly has no religious beliefs.

The fact he got so many evangelical endorsements just shows those people for what they are.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The FundaMENTALists probably think that Trump is crazy enough to start the worldwide nuclear apocalypse, and that's when Jesus flips the rapture switch and beams all the good people up to Heaven, leaving all the sinners, heathens, and especially Libruls down here to suffer from radiation sickness or fuck knows what else.

No seriously, I went to school with some people who loved Reagan's arms race with the Soviets for exactly that reason. They were actually hoping FOR a nuclear war. And this bunch today is far crazier than those guys were!

Turns out that the "nuclear apocalypse" vote is definitely in Drumpf's favor!

Last edited by FORD; 09-29-2016, 08:15 PM.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Serious voters don't care about Donald Trump's life or problems. They care about their own.
                          I like the memes. The one about Melania Trump wearing a $2500 or whatever it was dress to the debate...what the fuck do I care? She's not an option on the ballot. Who the fuck comes up with this shit and thinks it's gonna make someone consider voting for Clinton?

Same with the commercials. Some pro-Clinton group (or maybe the Clinton campaign) is running one with all Trump quotes, including the "go fuck yourself!" one. A lot of people are going to say "yeah!" to that one, not vote for Clinton because of it.

I don't care for either candidate. Might just vote local this year.
                          Last edited by twonabomber; 09-29-2016, 09:47 PM.
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I don't think young people are going to vote and that could hand it to Trump.

They do polls but I don't think they weigh them enough to who actually votes.

The over 50s decide everything because the under 30s don't vote enough. Clinton should have put Bernie on as VP.
                            Last edited by Seshmeister; 09-29-2016, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Some wag on Twitter posted "I've waited 18 years to vote and these are my options" maybe reflective of young people's over joyed reaction to the democratic process
                                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Working...