ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,296 Times in 4,721 Posts

Sing along with Cheeto & Hillcunt...

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,062 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Polling in this country is fucked up because it's still mostly done on landlines, which means they're automatically biased in favor of the senior citizens. My horribly techno-phobic parents - same people who never managed to properly program a VCR - somehow managed to teach themselves how to use a cell phone without my help. (Basic phone, of course. They wouldn't know what to do with a smart phone.) Despite this though, they refuse to let go of their landline. Even though 95% of the calls that come in on that line are sales/telemarketers/scam artists/and most likely, some political pollsters. Though my mom would be likely to either hang up on them outright, or tell them she was voting for the Communist party, just to be a smart ass. She doesn't like giving out information about her votes. In this climate, who the Hell could blame her?

She got a laugh when those fake "IRS" scammers from India called her though. She called them out immediately and they responded "suck my dick". Seriously, who (other than possibly Trump) says that to a woman in her 70s? She just laughed at them. Best way to respond, really...
    You fucking sad, pathetic, Bernie brats.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 05:59 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,283 Times in 1,501 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I still wonder about all this polling stuff.

It used to be quite accurate but after the Brexit thing I'm not sure they have adjusted to the new politics yet.

I hear figures of Clinton 85% likely to win and they are not that different to the referendum here which was 80% and proved to be wrong.

When you get a candidate that is socially embaressing to vote for a lot of people say one thing and vote differently.
    It's certainly possible the polling is flawed and producing an incorrect prediction.

In 2008, I didn't even believe Obama COULD win until Election Night when the results came in: it seemed inconceivable to me that enough Americans would pull the lever for a black man: I didn't think as a nation that we were there yet. And exit polling on Election Night in 2004 predicted Kerry would win.

Basically, once the tallies are in on Election Night, only then will I know it is over. The only election in recent memory where the result was totally a foregone conclusion was 1996.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,579 Times in 3,458 Posts

I wasn't including not allowing them meaningful elections at all so with that proviso I still think probably the US.

Central and South America for starters...

The hated School Of The Americas and so on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wester...ty_Cooperation

Which to be fair Clinton and Sanders announced they would(finally) close a couple of months ago.
    Well old chap, where the "School of the Americas" trained them, elections generally weren't required... Although, even El Salvador became a democracy with the inclusion of the leftist guerillas into the gov't...

And yes, the Monroe Doctrine. Of course the US exerted historical dominance over the continent, but when we were otherwise indisposed (ala the Civil War), peeps like the French usually became involved as well, like in their invasion of Mexico. It's a complex history, but it's hard to say the U.S. is any worse than the Soviet gangbang rape of Poland. The British in Ireland, India, Africa, etc.

As for Central and South America, yes the U.S. deserves a lot of blame for things. But so do the Latin Americans. They could have united long ago. We were meddling in their quarrels but not creating them...

While I have no problem reading them, it's sad to see Assuange just basically become a Russian fuck-puppet with his master ironically actually running a previous shill election with massively recorded incidents of voter fraud...

You could point to specific CIA plots like in the Italian elections, but then the Soviet NKVD/KGB were often funding the communists...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 10-23-2016 at 11:40 AM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,579 Times in 3,458 Posts

I stopped answering the landline a couple of years ago and stopped even checking the messages last year.

Like a lot of people at this point I'm really not sure why I have it.
    LOL I might be getting one for the first time in 10 years simply because the local cable thugs offer it almost for free with better internet and more channels...

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    LOL I might be getting one for the first time in 10 years simply because the local cable thugs offer it almost for free with better internet and more channels...
    I've been thinking about canceling my cable. We almost never use it and the cable company has raised the rates higher than camel cock.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The only time I regret canceling cable tv is when I can't find a decent stream to watch football games on line. Which thankfully doesn't happen all that much anymore. Of course I still unfortunately am stuck with Scumcast for internet (literally no other options available) so when those fucking assholes run their bot once an hour to deliberately fuck with anybody streaming anything (whether it's a video stream of a ball game, or the audio stream of the Mike Malloy show) they still find a way to fuck me over.

Besides the ridiculous $70/month price tag, I mean. And yes, that's just for internet. And it ain't the gigabit shit either.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-02-2024 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts

I've got Playstation Vue for $30 a month instead of DirecTV for over $100. Vue has the local FOX sports channel so I can watch Cavs games. SlingTV didn't have the locals.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'd consider going with the Playstation Vue thing if they picked up the Seattle locals. Last time I checked, it wasn't an option. And Scumcast's own streaming service never made it past one or two test markets. That one was nothing but all the local channels, but that would be enough to get me local news and the Seahawks games. Have to credit Sony for NOT limiting their service to only Playstation hardware though... since really don't need a $400 video game system to watch TV.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

I don't want Directv either. I hate to cancel the cable just in case I don't want to wait til the next day to watch the couple shows I like but I have no idea what other options are out there.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Have to credit Sony for NOT limiting their service to only Playstation hardware though... since really don't need a $400 video game system to watch TV.
    Vue works great on both kinds of FireTV devices, and I think I can watch on up to five at a time. When i had Sling they were only allowing one viewer per account. And Vue works pretty good over a wireless connection to the FireTV stick I have on an old HDTV in the garage. I doubt Vizio will ever add a competitor's streaming service to their smart TV's so the Fire stick was the way to go. Got Kodi sideloaded as well so I can pull stuff off my PC and stream it to the stick.

Vue has some locals, but all I can get here is local CBS. I don't know if or when the others are coming, but I have an antenna so I'm not too worried about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I don't want Directv either. I hate to cancel the cable just in case I don't want to wait til the next day to watch the couple shows I like but I have no idea what other options are out there.
    That's why I got rid of DTV. I was watching everything a day later anyways, and most of that content is free (legally or otherwise) the next day. I don't miss DTV. That and I quit watching stuff I had to keep up with every week, but I am watching Westworld. More music, less TV around here.

And now I see that AT&T is buying Time Warner. Hope that works out better than when AOL bought Time Warner.
    Last edited by twonabomber; 10-23-2016 at 07:03 PM.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Turdonabummer's TV*

*you see, he's poor and should be shamed for it.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Right.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Oh, quit crying. It's nothing personal. All poor people from Cleveland should be shamed

Thread Information