SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Well this show popped up unexpectedly!

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I'll wait for the whole season to come out before I sign up for the HBO service.

I got busted torrenting The Mandalorian, signed up for Disney+ a week later
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
        I'll wait for the whole season to come out before I sign up for the HBO service.

I got busted torrenting The Mandalorian, signed up for Disney+ a week later
        Sounds like you need to sign up for something else, then...

I got HBO right now, not sure why, but I almost didn't even bother as I missed the first half when I saw it on the guide. But am watching on the HBO streaming thing right now...

And yes, "Jesse" is featured and isn't that far from his Breaking Bad character. A fucked up Army veteran pseudo-ne'er-do-well, I can sort of relate..
        Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-16-2020, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

With AT&T owning HBO, I'm sure they'll be watching for piracy...
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
            With AT&T owning HBO, I'm sure they'll be watching for piracy...
            LOL They won't have to watch me because Spectrum is ripping the gold out of my ass!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Wait, they're my fucking cell provider, shouldn't I be able to watch on the phone?

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I get so many fucking mailers from Spectrum...gonna use them as TP when I run out!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

In any case the first episode was pretty fucking good!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm hearing season 3 is much better than 2 but waiting to find out if it's possible to just skip season 2 without being completely confused.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      I'm hearing season 3 is much better than 2 but waiting to find out if it's possible to just skip season 2 without being completely confused.
                      You might be confused. Without a massive spoiler at least. I think Season 2 was a bit disappointing but still good and action packed and I don't think there were really that many episodes....
                      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-17-2020, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

HBO Cancels ‘Westworld’ in Shock Decision

hollywoodreporter.com
                        The Hollywood Reporter
                        James Hibberd

HBO Cancels ‘Westworld’ in Shock Decision

The acclaimed sci-fi drama is considered finished after its recent fourth season, despite creators hoping for a fifth season to wrap things up.

HBO has switched off Westworld.

The network has decided to cancel the sci-fi drama after its recent fourth season.

It’s an unexpected fate for a series that was once considered one of HBO’s biggest tentpoles — an acclaimed mystery box drama that racked up 54 Emmy award nominations (including a supporting actress win for Thandiwe Newton).

Last month, co-creator Jonathan Nolan said in an interview that he hoped HBO would give the series a fifth season to wrap up the show’s ambitious story, which has chronicled a robot uprising that changed the fate of humanity. “We always planned for a fifth and final season,” Nolan said. “We are still in conversations with the network. We very much hope to make them.” Co-creator Lisa Joy likewise said the series has always been working towards a specific ending: “Jonah and I have always had an ending in mind that we hope to reach. We have not quite reached it yet.”
                        Related Stories

Yet linear ratings for the pricey series fell off sharply for its third season, and then dropped even further for season four. Westworld‘s critic average on Rotten Tomatoes likewise declined from the mid-80s for its first two seasons to the mid-70s for the latter two. Fans increasingly griped that the show became confusing and tangled in its mythology and lacked characters to root for. Looming over all of this is the fact Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav has pledged aggressive cost cutting mandate, though network insiders maintain that saving money was not a factor in the show’s cancelation.

Still, HBO — and, increasingly, other cable networks and streamers — typically like to give major series creators time to craft an ending for their serialized shows as it keeps its subscribers from getting upset (such as the years-long fandom outrage after Deadwood was axed). Plus, a show that can tout a beginning, middle and end arguably increases its perceived value as a streaming and home video product compared to a title that feels unfinished.

The fourth season of Westworld wasn’t entirely a cliffhanger, however. It’s final moments could be said to be rather ambiguous (as discussed in our post-season interview with Joy, where THR associate editor Abbey White pointed out, “It felt like the show could have ended there”).

Here’s HBO’s statement: “Over the past four seasons, Lisa and Jonah have taken viewers on a mind-bending odyssey, raising the bar at every step. We are tremendously grateful to them, along with their immensely talented cast, producers and crew, and all of our partners at Kilter Films, Bad Robot and Warner Bros. Television. It’s been a thrill to join them on this journey.”

And here’s Kilter Films’ statement: “Making Westworld has been one of the highlights of our careers. We are deeply grateful to our extraordinary cast and crew for creating these indelible characters and brilliant worlds. We’ve been privileged to tell these stories about the future of consciousness – both human and beyond – in the brief window of time before our AI overlords forbid us from doing so.”

The move comes as HBO still has several tentpole dramas such as the newly launched House of the Dragon along with Succession, White Lotus, and Euphoria, plus the upcoming zombie apocalypse drama The Last of Us.

Still, just like the show’s frequently resurrected androids, it would be foolish to assume there will never be any more Westworld ever. If Deadwood can get a movie 12 years after the series concluded, it’s always possible that Westworld could like be, well, rebooted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These fucking Randtard Libertarian douchebags who took over Warner Media are killing everything good that was ever connected with that company.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

All the episodes are being pulled from HBO Max.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I heard the latest stuff was less bad, but like a bunch of other folk I left during season 2.

There is so much good stuff around these days. Why would you watch this instead of say White Lotus?

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Now they're saying the old episodes might pop up on an ad supported network like Pluto, Tubi, or Peacock. Not a good move in my opinion, because a show made for HBO wouldn't have any "natural ad breaks" included, which means they would be thrown in at random in the middle of a scene and ruin the whole thing.

It's relatively easy to block ads on Peacock & Tubi, but if it ends up on Pluto, it's a lost cause

Several of the series that are being unceremoniously removed from HBO Max are likely to wind up on free, ad-supported streaming TV (FAST) services such as Pluto TV, Tubi and Peacock. In the wake of a slew of concerning reports this week, Warner Bros. Discovery has affirmed that it decided to license certain HBO and […]
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Pluto is a Paramount company. Pluto does have CNN in it's lineup. Seems odd to license it to a competitor owned by NBC or CBS.

Comment

Working...