X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The Westworld Thread

Anyone else caught up with HBO's new $100 million show yet?

I liked the first 2 episodes, it looks great and has some good writing avoiding the obvious.

I suspect it may not stand up to a huge amount of plot examination but we'll see how it goes...
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

Yeah I liked it , seemingly they have 5 seasons sketched out already although i don't see how they will drag it out that long.
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Ghey.

Another JJ Shitbrahams production.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Haven't seen it yet. I'll probably catch up with it during that annoying time between Thanksgiving and late February when there's nothing on TV but re-runs and Xmas specials (aside from the college bowl games and NFL playoffs, of course)
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
          Yeah I liked it , seemingly they have 5 seasons sketched out already although i don't see how they will drag it out that long.
          They gotta be spending a ton of money per show. Someone mentioned the new guy in charge at HBO has been slashing budgets. Supposedly Vinyl cost too much to produce vs. the ratings it got, and they weren't willing to give it another season.

First couple have been good.

Not really enthused about Abrams being involved. He's getting to be like Ryan Seacrest...can't you let some other people take these jobs?
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
            They gotta be spending a ton of money per show. Someone mentioned the new guy in charge at HBO has been slashing budgets. Supposedly Vinyl cost too much to produce vs. the ratings it got, and they weren't willing to give it another season.

First couple have been good.

Not really enthused about Abrams being involved. He's getting to be like Ryan Seacrest...can't you let some other people take these jobs?
            I kind of lost interest and drifted off after about 4 episodes of Vinyl.

Who knows how much Abrahams is involved given all the movie stuff he does, I guess its like that thing when you see Spielberg is an exec producer it just shows there is some degree of quality control going on.

5 Seasons seems a bit nuts but at least they have something mapped out I guess unlike Lost where I think they just made it up as they went hoping it would end up going somewhere.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Our Craziest ‘Westworld’ Theories

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Yeah we played guess the twist , my half arsed attempt was that they were all robots and it's a post human world and it's an experiment.

Can any one remember the follow up movie future world? It wasn't a great movie but a canny plot having them replace world leaders. Maybe it's something like that.

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

Unless it's a really shit twist like the king under the dome book. Ok book but was worried if I fell asleep in bed and it dropped it would do some damage

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I spy Yul Brynner. Episode 6.

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Yeah defo a little Easter egg.
                      The best episode so far but it was due one , am enjoying it I just was expecting something more.
                      It's a lot of time and money for it to be yeah it's ok.

Oh and my new theory on it either being non linear or concurrent timelines was sorting of backed last week with the thandie newton character having her injuries in the wrong order . Or not

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

No.One.Cares.

Get a job, limey.

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Kristy
                          No.One.Cares.

Get a job, limey.
                          I have one I review tv shows

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Yeah, well this TV is from AMERICA.

Get your own.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Episode 7 was good although does throw everything open, is everyone a bot?

It's maybe a bit unfair to criticise but like Game Of Thrones every so often you get a terrible CGI, anyone else notice the bit where he moves from one train carriage to another around 21 minutes in?

They just got renewed for season 2 and have a plot outline for 5 seasons so it's hopefully not Lost whereby they try and make it up as they go and get in a terrible mess.

At the moment it's difficult to see how this goes on for 5 seasons. Surely Anthony Hopkins isn't signed up for that long he's 78 FFS but if they kill him off...
                              Last edited by Seshmeister; 11-16-2016, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Working...