Thread: MICHAEL ANTHONY Says He Spoke To ALEX VAN HALEN For First Time In More Than A Decade

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

MICHAEL ANTHONY Says He Spoke To ALEX VAN HALEN For First Time In More Than A Decade

MICHAEL ANTHONY Says He Spoke To ALEX VAN HALEN For First Time In More Than A Decade

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mic...LmAQ88xA2DO.99

Michael Anthony has revealed that he recently reconnected with VAN HALEN drummer Alex Van Halen after more than a decade of not speaking to each other, but has stopped short of predicting that it will lead to any sort of reunion with his former bandmates.

Anthony, singer Sammy Hagar, Alex and Eddie Van Halen last teamed up in 2004 for a U.S. summer tour. In exchange for taking part in the tour, Anthony reportedly had to agree to take a pay cut and sign away his rights to the band name and logo.

In 2007, the Van Halen brothers, Wolfgang Van Halen and singer David Lee Roth announced they would be hitting the road for a reunion tour. Anthony later told Music Radar that he "found out about that tour like everybody else did — in the press."

During an October 21 appearance on "Trunk Nation", Eddie Trunk's new show on SiriusXM channel Volume (106), Anthony was asked when the last time was that he had any contact with either of the Van Halen brothers. He responded: "You know what? This is pretty interesting. There's a mutual friend of Alex's and mine. His name's Craig DeFalco. And this is a guy who was a tech for me for a while, and he actually was Eddie's tech… I don't know if it was the 2007 tour, but he teched for him one of the tours. And he stays in touch with Alex, basically. I got a relatively new place out there at the beach in Southern California, and this guy Craig, he had never seen my house, so he came out. He was on tour with Lenny Kravitz or someone, doing… teching and had a break. And so we went out on my boat. I'm, like, 'Yeah, we'll cruise you around the bay and you can check the place out.' So, as it goes, I had a couple of cocktails, and next thing you know, we were talking about the band and the good old days and all that stuff. 'Cause he did, I think, at least two or three VAN HALEN tours with me back in the '80s. So we're talking, and next thing you know, I've got him holding his iPhone up and I'm shooting a video going, 'Hey, Alex, man…', just talking about the good times and everything that's going on now. All these heroes of ours, people I grew up listening to, they're, like, starting to drop left and right now. It's, like, 'Oh, my God!' And so later on, we were at my house, my buddy and myself, Craig, and his phone rings, and it was Alex. And he's, all, 'Hey, tell Mike I said hi.' Next thing I know, [Craig] is handing me the phone and goes, 'Here, Al wants to talk to you.' And I'm, like, 'What?' And this was this past May. And I hadn't spoken to Alex in, like, ten years, I think — ten or eleven years."

Anthony explained that "nothing heavy" was discussed during his conversation with Alex because the bassist "didn't wanna get into anything about the band." Michael added: "But it was just great to talk to him. We talked for about twenty minutes, and had a great conversation — just about life in general and getting older and what's going on around us in the music industry. And it was actually really great talking to him."

Rumors that VAN HALEN's original singer David Lee Roth could possibly once again be succeeded by Hagar have become more persistent during the band's current hiatus.

Hagar sent a tweet to Eddie Van Halen in January wishing him a happy birthday — and got a cordial response — despite the bad blood that has existed between the two of them since 2004. Hagar later said that part of the reason he did it was because of the recent deaths of rock legends Glenn Frey and David Bowie.

But Anthony now says that Eddie may not have personally responded to Hagar's tweet at all. The bassist told Trunk: "Well, I do have kind of a little personal spin on that one. I don't know if I should tell you about it, 'cause I don't wanna kill anybody's hopes or anything. 'Cause, actually, before Sammy did that, he told me… We were on his jet, flying somewhere to a gig, and he goes, 'Damn it! I'm gonna wish Eddie a happy birthday.' And I said, 'Go ahead, man. C'mon…' And so he did. And then I guess Eddie responded back. [Sammy] said, 'I hope you're doing well.' And [Eddie] said, 'Yeah, Sammy, I hope you're doing well also.' Well, see, the only thing that I was thinking that seemed kind of odd, in all the years that Sammy was in VAN HALEN, and that I'd been around him and Eddie, Eddie never calls him 'Sammy' — he always called him 'Sam.' You know, Eddie's wife is a publicist, and I don't know… That's one thing I don't know. But you know what? But it was a nice, friendly gesture."

Despite all the mudslinging and negativity between VAN HALEN's current and former members, Anthony does still hope that Hagar could rekindle his friendship with the Van Halen brothers. "Sammy has said… I'm sure you've seen, there's been a couple of other interviews that he's done where he says, 'I'm sorry. I apologize to the Van Halen brothers,' and whatever," Michael told Trunk. "Because all this lashing out and whatever… and Sammy… I mean, I love Sam to death, but sometimes he puts his foot in his mouth, especially when it comes to rebuttals to stuff that people say or accuse him of, or VAN HALEN stuff. The worst thing Sammy can ever do is read shit that people say about him and VAN HALEN, because it does get him fired up. But Sammy has taken a turn now, and he does realize… He goes, 'Hey, you know what? Even if I never play in a band with these guys again, friendship, and as human beings and whatever is more important to me than that.' He says he doesn't wanna go to the grave with any enemies, so I don't know."

Asked if he still thinks there is "unfinished business" between him and VAN HALEN and if he believes there is a chance that he will reunite with his former bandmates one day, Anthony told Trunk: "You know what? In some ways, I'm kind of over it, only because you can only hold your breath for so long. But it's kind of interesting that you say 'any unfinished business,' VAN HALEN being one of the biggest bands there ever was, it's kind of sad to see how everything kind of dwindled down like it did, kind of with a whimper. Which, this band, if we were gonna go out, we should have gone out killing it all over the world. And, you know, I'm always a never-say-never guy. If the circumstances were right, I have no problem… I love going out and playing the music. And if we did it, though, it would have to be none of this four separate planes and four separate this and that, and you only see them on stage. It's gotta be kind of like… I don't know if it can ever be a brotherhood like it was before."

He continued: "When Sam was in the band, we used to call ourselves the four-headed monster. But if everybody could get along great… I think it'd just be great to do it for the fans. And as far as Dave [Lee Roth] goes, I don't know if… Obviously, it would have been great to be on stage with Dave again, because I always liked his silliness on stage anyway. [Laughs] In a way, it's kind of comical, you know, but it always made for an interesting show."

Last year, Anthony was at the receiving end of some scathing, hurtful comments from Eddie Van Halen, who slammed both Michael's bass playing and singing abilities. "Every note Mike ever played, I had to show him how to play," Eddie told Billboard. "Before we'd go on tour, he'd come over with a video camera and I'd have to show him how to play all the parts," Van Halen said, adding that Anthony's background vocals were "like a piccolo trumpet."

Hagar quickly came to Anthony's defense, saying in a video message: "For Eddie to say he had to show him what to play and then teach him all those songs, that's the biggest line of bullshit in my life. I was in that band for eleven years, there was never a video camera involved of Eddie showing [Anthony] what to play…. Michael Anthony is a bad motherfucker. Fuck you, Eddie Van Halen, for saying that about Mikey. You're a liar."
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Meh.

I don't think there's any "unfinished business" in Van Halen. While it's sometimes fun to speculate what they would have done had the band not broken apart in 1985, for me whatever "business" they had was completed after the 1984 tour ended. At least that's the way it ended up working out, like it or not. For others, their perspective might be different, and I don't care only because it makes little difference to me if someone else liked the band with Hagar in it or not.

CVH had a chance to put it back together in 1996, and they managed to come up with a couple of tracks. It could have encompassed much more than just those two tracks, but for various reasons it didn't. They all fucked it up good, and with that failure went the chance for the band to do something that would have been different than what they are capable of today, which is being one of many aging rock acts out there on the road without all the definitive/essential members onstage, and not all of the people who ARE onstage are still able to cut the mustard.

Who knows if Anthony's phone conversation with Alex will lead to anything more? Who really cares? Van Halen are done. Roth is JUST this side of washed up: the only reason he was even able to front the last two Van Halen tours with any degree of credibility is because the CVH legacy and music are virtually bombproof. It sure wasn't due to his vocal abilities: his voice has been shot for several years and it ain't coming back.

So for all it matters the band might as well get Hagar and Anthony back and tour. Dave is a shell of what he used to be as a performer, and seeing Eddie play Eruption well in and of itself isn't worth my time or money anymore.

Maybe...MAYBE...if Anthony rejoins and they do one last CVH tour I MIGHT be up for it. I must say, though, between Eddie showing up drunk at the 2008 show I saw, Dave botching the vocals at the 2012 show I saw and the shitty vocals I heard on various 2015 dates, my patience for that band getting their shit together has pretty much run out. They just got too old.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

atomicpnk47 (10-29-2016)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I must say, though, between Eddie showing up drunk at the 2008 show I saw, Dave botching the vocals at the 2012 show I saw and the shitty vocals I heard on various 2015 dates, my patience for that band getting their shit together has pretty much run out. They just got too old.
    The band had their shit together. The vocalist didn't.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

2007 Dave's voice is the arse end of 10 Years older. Could Dave raise his game one more time for a true reunion . Questionable at best

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    The band had their shit together. The vocalist didn't.
    Nah ,2007 Dave killed it , 2015 Dave killed it in a different way

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Watch what you say Terry. You just might have a couple of old members pop in and tell you in no uncertain terms that this last tour was the "definitive Van Halen".

I listened to this interview on Youtube. Trunk is a fucking douche, and didn't miss an opportunity to tell Anthony how long he's been in the business, and a few other egotistical insertions of how many rock stars he's friends with. If he had half a fucking brain, he'd have asked Mike about the old live videos. Anything about them. I will give ole fat Eddie credit for talking about how great the first 4 albums are, and giving major props to Women And Children First. He did bust Mike's balls about Ed teaching him to play the bass parts too.

Click Here To Listen To The Entire 22 Minute Interview On Youtube

8. 2 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (10-25-2016),ZahZoo (10-25-2016)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Trunk is fucking horrible .... am glad mike is dead and gone on to sammy topia.
    Mike is a slimey cunt.

Dave is funny and sammy rocks wtf

I hope Cvh never happens. I don't wanna see what hot pussy looks like when it hits 70.
    It was what it was.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Might as well vault , go a head and vault . Do do do do

11. Thanked vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

atomicpnk47 (10-29-2016)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    sammy rocks
    I'm glad you finally admitted it

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I'm glad you finally admitted it
    Ouch ... meanie

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I should back up the mike is a cock sucking sammy guzzler with the sisters are horrible fuckers and Dave is turned into the weird uncle you won't visit in an old people's hospital home.

But their music pre 1985 was fucking out of this world .

Just saying

15. Thanked vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (10-24-2016)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

I should back up the mike is a cock sucking sammy guzzler with the sisters are horrible fuckers and Dave is turned into the weird uncle you won't visit in an old people's hospital home.

But their music pre 1985 was fucking out of this world .

Just saying
    Says Wolfie's girlfriend

17. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

vandeleur (10-25-2016)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    2007 Dave's voice is the arse end of 10 Years older. Could Dave raise his game one more time for a true reunion . Questionable at best
    I don't think he has much game left to raise, to be honest.

He could possibly alter his approach and sing rather than yell, which would probably make the lead vocals at least listenable more than they have been for the last two tours.

I'll agree with cadaverdog that in 2012 and 2015 all three Van Halens delivered the goods. I'll agree with vandy that Roth knocked it out of the park in 2007-2008.

19. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

Grit (10-27-2016)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    Watch what you say Terry. You just might have a couple of old members pop in and tell you in no uncertain terms that this last tour was the "definitive Van Halen".

I listened to this interview on Youtube. Trunk is a fucking douche, and didn't miss an opportunity to tell Anthony how long he's been in the business, and a few other egotistical insertions of how many rock stars he's friends with. If he had half a fucking brain, he'd have asked Mike about the old live videos. Anything about them. I will give ole fat Eddie credit for talking about how great the first 4 albums are, and giving major props to Women And Children First. He did bust Mike's balls about Ed teaching him to play the bass parts too.

I mean, it's almost irrelevant to me what ANY members of Van Halen, past or present, have to say about the state of the band: I can hear the results and formulate my own opinions, just like I always have.

Like, when CVH was active, the main draw for me back then was Eddie's playing. I was one of those kids in the early 1980s who had just started playing guitar and was scrambling trying to figure out Ed's licks: he was THE primary influence for me in the first three or so years of my picking up the instrument. When Roth quit (or got fired, or if it was a mutual thing...who gives a shit now, really?), the Van Halens embarked on their pre-5150 media blitz yammering away about how "the music was better than ever with Sammy in the band" and "Sammy was a better singer than Dave" and all that blather. Who knows, maybe they actually believed what they were saying. And I wasn't too thrilled with the Crazy From The Heat ep, either. By all accounts, I should have been tailor-made to make the transition to Van Hagar. Then 5150 was released, and I didn't care for it. Then EEAS was released, and to my mind it just buried what Van Halen were doing with Sammy Hagar.

As to a Trunk interview of Michael Anthony, I'll pass. Primarily because Anthony is a boring interview subject when it comes to the one point of interest he could speak to that I'd want to hear about, which is his time in Van Halen. I mean, Anthony should be able to at least impart some cool fly-on-the-wall stuff about those years, if only because he was there. Yet he never has anything of interest to say. And also because I've been weary of Trunk even before That Metal Show aired. I mean, to give Trunk his due he has managed to make a good living by being basically what amounts to a professional fanboy. And honestly, that's good for him. The problem with Trunk is by nature of what he does he has to lob softball questions out to these aging hair metal stars to keep them coming back to appear on his show, and Trunk only shits on stars who won't appear on his show. Like, Trunk will shit on Gene Simmons every chance he gets these days, but when Simmons was on Trunk's radio show in the early 2000s, Trunk puckered up and kissed his ass. Trunk shits on Ozzy Osbourne all the time, yet if Ozzy appeared on his show, Trunk would undoubtedly blow him. And as for all these rock star 'friends' Trunk has, even Trunk has to know these guys are cozying up to him for exposure: if Trunk didn't have his radio/tv shows and the forum he has, I'd be willing to bet most of these rock stars wouldn't even give him the time of day unless Trunk had paid extra for meet and greet concert tickets.

In addition, does Eddie Trunk really get credit for giving props to the first 4 CVH albums? Every person on the planet already knows CVH was the bomb: Trunk's confirmation of this is as redundant as it is unnecessary.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I mean, it's almost irrelevant to me what ANY members of Van Halen, past or present, have to say about the state of the band: I can hear the results and formulate my own opinions, just like I always have.
    I meant forum members, not band members, lol.

In addition, does Eddie Trunk really get credit for giving props to the first 4 CVH albums? Every person on the planet already knows CVH was the bomb: Trunk's confirmation of this is as redundant as it is unnecessary.
    Well, since he is such a Clichegar suck dick, I was surprised he was so generous with his praise of the first 4.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Mike is a slimey cunt.
    I couldn't disagree more. I think Mike is the most down to earth, of them all.

I know one of Mike's relatives. He's the one that got Mike to sign this photo that I took of Mike at the '80 Invasion tour. I have spoken to him at length about all the bullshit with this band, and feel like I've gotten some pretty good insight as far as what has gone on with this band over the years. I believe Mike has one thing the other members of this band are lacking, and that's character.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2021 @ 07:51 PM
    Burlington, Ontario (Canada motherfucker!!)
    Status
    Thanks

I couldn't disagree more. I think Mike is the most down to earth, of them all.

I know one of Mike's relatives. He's the one that got Mike to sign this photo that I took of Mike at the '80 Invasion tour. I have spoken to him at length about all the bullshit with this band, and feel like I've gotten some pretty good insight as far as what has gone on with this band over the years. I believe Mike has one thing the other members of this band are lacking, and that's character.

So Mikey is a good guy just because you know one of his relatives?

Michael Anthony is a back stabbing piece of shit and a useless Pollock.

He's been shit talking Dave since 1985 when it is only because of DLR that Mike ever had a career. It was Dave who insisted on splitting profits 4 ways. It is because of DLR that VH was ever successful to begin with. Period.

Every day The Pollock wakes up, he should face east and pray to Dave for his good fortune, just like Muslims pray to Allah.

The Pollock won't even say Dave's name.

Furthermore, in 1996 Mike SHIT TALKED SAMMY NON STOP because The Lying Dutchmen told him to do so.

So Mikey claims Sammy is his buddy, but that doesn't matter when the Dutchmen tell him differently.

That makes Mikey the biggest piece of shit out of all of them,

Mike is a back stabbing piece of shit just as bad as Eddie and Alex. He is NOT A NICE GUY AT ALL.

I'm sick and tired of people saying he's a class act. He's anything but.

24. Thanked Baby's On Fire for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (10-25-2016)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's On Fire View Post
    So Mikey is a good guy just because you know one of his relatives?

Michael Anthony is a back stabbing piece of shit and a useless Pollock.

He's been shit talking Dave since 1985 when it is only because of DLR that Mike ever had a career. It was Dave who insisted on splitting profits 4 ways. It is because of DLR that VH was ever successful to begin with. Period.

Every day The Pollock wakes up, he should face east and pray to Dave for his good fortune, just like Muslims pray to Allah.

The Pollock won't even say Dave's name.

Furthermore, in 1996 Mike SHIT TALKED SAMMY NON STOP because The Lying Dutchmen told him to do so.

So Mikey claims Sammy is his buddy, but that doesn't matter when the Dutchmen tell him differently.

That makes Mikey the biggest piece of shit out of all of them,

Mike is a back stabbing piece of shit just as bad as Eddie and Alex. He is NOT A NICE GUY AT ALL.

I'm sick and tired of people saying he's a class act. He's anything but.
    Well, look what ignorant know nothing pulled his hands off Dave's cock long enough to type something. Go back and re-read your old issues of Circus magazine, and come back and spew more ignorance as facts.

How many people in Dave's personal and professional life, are still associated with him? ZERO? Don't include Ed and Al in that, because you don't know if they are still putting up with him yet again, and the association they've had since he rejoined the band, has been minimal at best. I bet that fucking dog has already run away from that miserable motherfucker. But hey, you keep tossing his salad, and acting like you know that he's the greatest guy on the planet. Keep your fantasies intact, if it helps you sleep, and continue to have your wet dreams about Dave.

Mike's relative is one of many I know that have been associated with Dave, and VH. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a former employee of any incarnation of the band, or anyone that has ever had personal dealings with Mike, that would say anything bad about him. The same can't be said about any of the others. That's a FACT.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Man if your gonna throw facts about it kind of spoils the argument

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I know this has been posted before, but I'll post it again for those of us that love women, and BOF, who's in love with Dave.

28. 3 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

atomicpnk47 (10-29-2016),Jérôme Frenchise (10-25-2016),vandeleur (10-25-2016)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post

But Anthony now says that Eddie may not have personally responded to Hagar's tweet at all. The bassist told Trunk: "Well, I do have kind of a little personal spin on that one. I don't know if I should tell you about it, 'cause I don't wanna kill anybody's hopes or anything. 'Cause, actually, before Sammy did that, he told me… We were on his jet, flying somewhere to a gig, and he goes, 'Damn it! I'm gonna wish Eddie a happy birthday.' And I said, 'Go ahead, man. C'mon…' And so he did. And then I guess Eddie responded back. [Sammy] said, 'I hope you're doing well.' And [Eddie] said, 'Yeah, Sammy, I hope you're doing well also.' Well, see, the only thing that I was thinking that seemed kind of odd, in all the years that Sammy was in VAN HALEN, and that I'd been around him and Eddie, Eddie never calls him 'Sammy' — he always called him 'Sam.' You know, Eddie's wife is a publicist, and I don't know… That's one thing I don't know. But you know what? But it was a nice, friendly gesture."
    I always figured it was Janie responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Despite all the mudslinging and negativity between VAN HALEN's current and former members, Anthony does still hope that Hagar could rekindle his friendship with the Van Halen brothers. "Sammy has said… I'm sure you've seen, there's been a couple of other interviews that he's done where he says, 'I'm sorry. I apologize to the Van Halen brothers,' and whatever," Michael told Trunk. "Because all this lashing out and whatever… and Sammy… I mean, I love Sam to death, but sometimes he puts his foot in his mouth, especially when it comes to rebuttals to stuff that people say or accuse him of, or VAN HALEN stuff. The worst thing Sammy can ever do is read shit that people say about him and VAN HALEN, because it does get him fired up. But Sammy has taken a turn now, and he does realize… He goes, 'Hey, you know what? Even if I never play in a band with these guys again, friendship, and as human beings and whatever is more important to me than that.' He says he doesn't wanna go to the grave with any enemies, so I don't know."
    "I'm sure you've seen?" Sam wants acknowledgement from EVH. I doubt he's going to get it. If "friendship, and as human beings and whatever" is that important, then maybe Sammy should shut his fucking mouth and decline to answer some of the VH questions. Take the high road for once, "hey, I have something to promote, let's talk more about that."

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

I don't know if I can face this, Trunk is usually horrific.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Don't worry, your expectations will be met. Trunk is still horrific.

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I know this has been posted before, but I'll post it again for those of us that love women, and BOF, who's in love with Dave.

Oh my-my... I'll have six balls in three cones, please. To go!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Obviously, I don't know Biff Malibu. He certainly did chime in with the Van Halens whenever they were bashing Roth in the press post-1984. I don't recall him saying as many harsh things about Hagar post-1996. In all honesty, I've probably read less than a half dozen Mike Anthony interviews - where he was the only person being interviewed and wasn't part of a band interview - in total.

From the sounds of it and what I've read coming from both Roth and Anthony, neither of them thought they had much of a relationship even when they were in Van Halen together. And probably the only interaction they've had since 1985 is in 1996 when the BOV1 tracks were recorded and in 2002 on the Sam and Dave tour when Anthony was hanging around backstage and playing a few tunes with Hagar onstage. And their last interaction in 2002 consisted of Mike Anthony asking Dave what his problem was in terms of why Dave wouldn't come up onstage and play a song with Hagar and Anthony.

When I look at what Eddie has had to say publicly about Anthony and how the Van Halens first whittled down Anthony's percentage and then eventually chucked him out of the band vs. how Hagar has treated Anthony (with respect), I'm not surprised in the least why Anthony prefers to maintain a friendship with Hagar. The Van Halens, and Roth, clearly don't care if Anthony is around or not. In fact, obviously they prefer that he not be in the band. So why should Anthony bother with them?

The odd part is how Anthony never fires back at any of them - the Van Halen and Roth - in the press. I can't tell if it is because he can't be bothered to, lacks the balls to do so, has signed a non-disclosure agreement prohibiting him from doing so, is holding his tongue in hopes that he will be asked to rejoin again...or what. I mean, Anthony has never been shy about criticizing Roth, so his silence toward the Van Halens is just odd in that sense.

Maybe Anthony just doesn't give a shit anymore, and therefore why even bother saying anything. The Van Halens come across like a pair of assholes to deal with, so maybe Anthony is just thankful he no longer has to.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Listened to the whole interview over the weekend... Mike sounded like a happy, level headed guy, as usual. No axes left to grind and I can't blame him for not wanting to engage in any of the VH drama and bullshit!! There was nothing earth-shattering shared in the interview... Just sounded like a happy surprise getting to have a chat with Uncle Al.

Trunk is a bigger jackass than Von on his worst day!!

35. 2 users say thank you to ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (10-26-2016),Terry (10-26-2016)

Thread Information