Van Hagar To Tour In 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
    My take on it is, Roth has made peace with the Van Halen's, and peace with his legacy in respect to the band. I bet if he does this, or goes along with it, or even gives his blessing to Hagar touring with them, it's because he is now secure in his role today and yesterday. Secure in his relationship with Ed and Al, and respects the fact that they might want to go play some of that music again, as opposed to ignoring it. Dave once said in an interview during the Roth/Hagar tour that he respected Sam for still being out there touring all those summers. Maybe Dave is realizing the mortality of he, the VH's and Hagar.

Or, maybe he realizes this is his best chance to get one more big payday. I mean come on. He knows they aren't going to sell out arenas with yet another nostalgia show. He'd probably rather share the stage with Hagar, than one of those package tours with a bunch of other 80's bands.
    Well if I was he I wouldn't do it.

Money wise I don't think Roth has a particularly stupidly expensive lifestyle and the 2 tours should easily get him to the grave in comfort.

The best approach Roth can take to the whole Van Hagar thing is the exact same thing we all should take is to just ignore it until it goes away.

Comment

• As for the rest of this thread and Van Halen in general I think I'm going to get a t-shirt that just says 'What Terry Said'.

Comment

• So Sam is still banging on the windshield...with a bottle of tequila in the one hand and his dick in the other...
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• I can't believe you fools actually think the brothers are going to ignore that portion of their musical careers, forever. It's going to happen. Sooner than later.

You idiots keep your heads buried in the sand, asses up. Clichegar and the VH brothers will be along shortly to fuck you assholes in your exposed assholes.

Comment

I can't believe you fools actually think the brothers are going to ignore that portion of their musical careers, forever. It's going to happen. Sooner than later.

You idiots keep your heads buried in the sand, asses up. Clichegar and the VH brothers will be along shortly to fuck you assholes in your exposed assholes.
            Listen...

Ah, fuck, man...

It wouldn't surprise me if Hagar and the Van Halens did a tour next year (Hagar has solo gigs booked - with tickets already sold - through September of this year, so obviously nothing is gonna happen in 2017).

That idea of Roth AND Hagar doing a co-lead vocal tour with Van Halen (two sets, one for each lineup)...

You know, I guess you really never can say never. 20 years ago I couldn't have imagined Roth and Hagar touring together in ANY capacity...until it happened.

Perhaps much like the idea that without Wolfgang joining the band the Roth reunion wouldn't have happened, maybe it will take a Hagar Halen reunion to get Mike Anthony back in the fold, and maybe it would take a Hagar/Roth Van Halen tour to get Mike back in the fold and get all four members in the same proximity at the same time, which would finally result in CVH taking the stage again and performing music together for the first time in over 30 years.

What's the saying: revolution seems impossible until it happens, upon which time it then becomes inevitable.

Van Halen is probably going to have to do something big the next time out to keep playing to decent venue sizes and keep those appearance fee guarantees high. Yet another Van Halen Mach 4 tour at this point ISN'T particularly big.

Plus, with both Roth and Hagar on the bill, you're gonna get a higher rate of audience interest than if it were just one or the other. Throw Mike Anthony into the mix, you'll have a concert that could command at least two dates in each arena they played, and the arenas would be probably the biggest any given area would have to offer (I would hope they didn't try and book stadiums). With Roth and Hagar both singing with the band, you'll be increasing the sphere of the punters because you'll be eliminating the purchase barriers for those who don't care for Roth and like Sammy, or those who don't care for Sammy and like Roth.

I mean, short of just a straight-up CVH reunion, that Roth/Hagar scenario would be a BIG move. THAT would be something that would generate interest from a large segment of the ticket buying public who aren't diehard Eddie Grunts, Red Ched Rockers or Dave Or The Grave fans. It would draw the interest of a segment of the public that only knows the Van Halen tunes that were top 40 hits or radio staples: the hardcore base may well have a waning interest the next time around if it's just another Van Halen Mach 4 tour, since assumedly that base has already had 3 tours in the last ten years to see that version.

And it must be said: how many more tours do the Van Halens, Roth, Hagar or Anthony have left in them? Roth barely scraped by on the last tour. Sammy is, what, 70 years old? It would seem next year would be the time to do it if it's going to happen.

To be clear, a Roth/Hagar co-singer tour isn't something I want to see happen, but I'm not gonna be buying all the tickets for all the gigs of their next tour outing, either.

And, honestly, if the brothers want to just do a Sammy tour next year, I'm fine with that. I mean, for those who like that version of the band, I'd have to imagine that 2004 tour wasn't very satisfying. If Ed continues to play as well as he has the last two tours, the audiences will see a good show.

At this point, it's even sillier for me to keep wetting my panties like it's 1985 and pout like a teenaged be-yauch because Sammy Hagar joined Van Halen. God Bless 'Em all, and let 'em do whatever they wanna do. If ANY of those guys are still holding onto old bad blood from 3 decades ago they had toward one another, THAT to me is even sadder than the shitty personal history.

Except Mike. Whatever transpires, I think when Mike goes to greet Eddie, Eddie better hope [Eddie's] wearing a fuckin' cup, because Mike owes Eddie at least one good, swift kick in the nuts.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• I completely agree with Von... It's GONNA happen, it's inevitable, for whatever reasoning you may want attribute to it....

If it's financial, to get one more big payday before heading out to pasture, fuck it, just do it and get it over with....

I also agree that at this stage that a basic VH with Dave tour, with a schmuck opening band, isn't going to fill barns anymore... I think it would be smart to add a decent band from that era to open, although they probably don't want lesser profits....

By the way, nor would they fill barns with solely Hagar either, I might add.... They would get the people wanting to hear the ballads, but would lose those that despise that era....

Which leads me to how Hagar wants to do the tour.... NOT by doing half the show with DLR, half with Bette.... He wants to do a few songs with DLR, half with SH....

And I think he's a dick for wanting to do it that way.... He wants the crowd to see how much better his singing is than DLR, and rub it in his face....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Look at it this way. A dual tour would allow Dave to sing all the songs he prefers to sing anyway. The hits. Maybe he'd concentrate on singing them right, this time.

Comment

Look at it this way. A dual tour would allow Dave to sing all the songs he prefers to sing anyway. The hits. Maybe he'd concentrate on singing them right, this time.
                  Does DLR care about "competing" with Hagar every night? Seems like he did in '02.

I don't buy Hagar's claim that he'd only do a dual tour. If Dave refused, it's one more thing for Hagar to bitch about.

Just looked at Hagar's event page...the Circle(jerk) is playing the Toledo Zoo Amphitheater. They should bring him up on animal cruelty charges! And he's on some classic rock cruise in February.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• If they really thought this out and want to make a one last cash grab they'd organize a big city, big venue tour with the original line up of Dave, Mike and the sisters. They'd only have to play a handful of shows, charge an outrageous price for tickets and have plenty of time to rest in between them. Or they could do one show at a large capacity venue and broadcast it live as a pay per view. I really don't think there are that many people who really want to see a Van Hagar show. If you're a Hagar fan you could just go to a Hagar show.
                    Last edited by cadaverdog; 05-17-2017, 12:46 PM.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• Originally posted by cadaverdog View Post
                      I really don't think there are that many people who really want to see a Van Hagar show. If you're a Hagar fan you could just go to a Hagar show.
                      But they'd have to settle for substandard guitar.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• The Van Halens are so fucking clueless..ya see the instagram clip of Ed playing that same old elephant and horse sounds? Why not a clip of a killer new riff that hasnt been heard?...fuckin clueless..

Comment

• Another idea that might prove quite profitable would be one last show with all three vocalists (one at a time) and special guests filmed, edited then released as a motion picture like "The Last Waltz".
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairwrning View Post
                            The Van Halens are so fucking clueless..ya see the instagram clip of Ed playing that same old elephant and horse sounds? Why not a clip of a killer new riff that hasnt been heard?...fuckin clueless..
                            I don't think Ed or Alex ever gave a fuck about what the fans wanted. If they did there would have never been a Cherrone era or a 2004 tour with Sammy.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
                              But they'd have to settle for substandard guitar.
                              Yeah.... even if I wanted to see Hagar screech through an entire set, watching Vic the Busboy mangle Eddie's guitar parts is even more excruciating. Dude's been playing them for 20 years... you would think he might have figured them out by now...

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
                                Yeah.... even if I wanted to see Hagar screech through an entire set, watching Vic the Busboy mangle Eddie's guitar parts is even more excruciating. Dude's been playing them for 20 years... you would think he might have figured them out by now...
                                I've only heard Vic play live once during the Sam and Dave tour. The guitarist Dave used tried too hard to sound like EVH on studio albums. Vic personalized the songs instead of attempting to be an EVH clone. It didn't seem like Dave really put a lot of effort into his set either which disappointed a lot of his fans that attended that show. Me being one of them.
                                Beware of Dog

Comment

Working...
                                X