Van Hagar To Tour In 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
    And putting Van Hagar songs in a Van Halen box set would be a HUGE mistake. Rather than one big box, they should take the "Beatles Anthology" approach and release that Velveeta drenched shit seperately.
    My guess is that they would. I'm sure they're going through various contingencies if this is at all true...

Comment

• Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
      I stand by my original post. If I'm wrong, I'll eat crow. But obviously, I don't think I will be.
      Well if the new rumor is true you would only have been half wrong but its a decent sized half.

Comment

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
        The other two had no bottom end whatsoever, and the only thing that could fix them (again, aside from scrapping Hagar's vocals entirely) would be if Alex completely recorded his drum parts, using actual drums insteat of that synth shit.
        Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsssssss

I had a theory maybe everyone at 5150 had lost their top end hearing by that point.

AVH sounded like white noise. I'm saying that based on 25 year old memories though.

It's not an overstatement at all to say that like holocaust survivors revisiting death camps, I am very reluctant to go back and listen to Van Hagar.

Comment

• Crow for one please
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
            Well if the new rumor is true you would only have been half wrong but its a decent sized half.
            I stand firmly behind my original post. Like I said, I will GLADLY eat crow if I end up being wrong.

In my mind, that post is good for fans of both eras. It would seem these guys may finally be thinking logically, after all these years. They can definitely get back into my pocket with new Dave music. They will get back into Van Hagar fans pocket with remasters. Let's hope whatever they include in this box set, it includes an old live show on Blu-Ray.

Of course Dave will give his blessing to whatever they have planned. He has no choice. He can play in the sandbox with them, or he can alienate himself from them for a third time. Maybe he has come to the realization a third strike would more than likely be his last.

My original thought to Dave not wanting to do a dual tour with Hagar, is because that would require him to legitimize that era of VH. However, if he is okay with them touring, then he is legitimizing it in a sense anyway. Not to mention, if he were to do a dual tour, he would be required to perform better every night, than he's done on the last couple of tours. One thing it would allow him to do with a shorter set list, is sing mostly only the "hit" songs he's so in love with. Most of the ones I don't care if I ever here them live again.

Let's think about the one major positive about all this. It would seem there might be an opportunity for Mike to get back in the fold.

Who knows with these fucking guys? But either way, it seems there is at least activity. Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall at 5150 with Ed, Al, Dave, Mike, Clichegar and Wolf all there? I'm thinking Wolf would be the most mature of all of them!

I'm pretty sure one of the upcoming announcements will be the debut of the Striped Series 5150 at NAMM in January. Just remember, Gibson owns Kramer now, so it may not be exact. Not that any of the other Striped Series are exact to the originals anyway, but, I think this one is more apparent because of the Gibson vs Fender deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by DONNIEP View Post
              Post em up so we can ridicule I mean discuss them
              Only time will tell if Von's news stands the test of time...
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• If they do a Sam and Dave tour will Dave break out the '02 tour outfits?
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

If they do a Sam and Dave tour will Dave break out the '02 tour outfits?
                  Can you fit into anything you wore 14 years ago ?

Comment

• Originally posted by vandeleur View Post
                    I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Von Halen View Post
                      I can.
                      shhhh you seen the size of donnie

Comment

• Originally posted by vandeleur View Post
                        Shirts, no. And in about six months the answer will be no for the rest of it. Except shoes. Steroids apparently don't make your feet bigger.
                        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Shirts, no. And in about six months the answer will be no for the rest of it. Except shoes. Sandwiches apparently don't make your feet bigger.
                          Fixed it

Comment

If they do a Sam and Dave tour will Dave break out the '02 tour outfits?

Comment

• Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
                              Not really direct competition, but Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers are touring April through August.
                              Cause the waaaaaittingg is the hardest part
                              Stay frosty now.
                              Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

• So what really is going to happen is Dave and the guys do a new LP, Mike goes on one more tour with them, they release remasters of Van Hagar for the money and Hagar does nothing but be fortunate he has more CDs where he is relevant out... altogether, "Goodbye Baby!" because he was never good enough to front Van Halen
                                I got lost in the...

Comment

Working...
                                X