Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I know these people usually know less than posters here do but ATCWR was introduced on a Classic Rock station I had on today with the line, 'Sammy Hagar says a new reunion tour is 'in discussion' or similar.

I used a sexual swear word.

Incidentally reading this thread noticed some stuff about morons running the site which we probably are but not for the reasons implied.

That front page was based on 2 different people from the Van Halen (not Hagar not Roth) camp telling us the same story a few weeks apart. Some of you will have seen/heard the interview with John Shanks a producer who has made many million selling albums for lots of people yet was super cautious saying anything remotely critical about Van Halen so you can imagine how cagey people who rely on Van Halen for their ongoing livelyhood might be?

The story on the front page hasn't happened yet and may never but part or all of it was/is on the table at the time it was posted.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The Circle (Jerk) now has dates listed through the end of September. Then Hagarelli solo on some cruise in February.

If this is truly happening this year you'd think there would be an announcement soon.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
        The Circle (Jerk) now has dates listed through the end of September. Then Hagarelli solo on some cruise in February.

If this is truly happening this year you'd think there would be an announcement soon.

I think it's fairly obvious now that if it's gonna happen it will be in the conjunction with the 40th anniversary of VH I.....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

I can't see any Van Halen touring activity of any kind happening this year, simply based on the logistics of booking venues, promoting the shows, selling tickets, etc.

I mean, it's already July. If the band plans on playing shows in sizable venues this fall, wouldn't one think the dates for such an undertaking would have been announced by now?
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            I think it's fairly obvious now that if it's gonna happen it will be in the conjunction with the 40th anniversary of VH I.....

Certainly my greatest hope as a fan of CVH: that the re-re-reintroduction of Sammy Hagar into the group would be able to coincide with the 40th anniversary year of Van Halen's first album with David Lee Roth being released. Seemingly, it's something Sammy Hagar is ambitious to see happen.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

uh-oh

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Pennypacker
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2009

uh-oh

Comment

• Nigel
                  Roadie
                  • Mar 2004

uh-oh

This is very disturbing indeed. . . as a guitarist of his stature, how can you stop playing guitar "forever".

I hope Wolf makes him change his mind, even if for some solo albums with Big Al and different vocalists, or none at all.

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I think I may detect a little sarcasm in Wolf's tweet.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I think Wolf meant "antiquing"...

Comment

• Nigel
                        Roadie
                        • Mar 2004

Nickdfresh, love your avatar. Just reading Alec Baldwin's book "Nevertheless"

Great read and a very interesting guy. Not a "total disaster". . . .

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Scrapbooks is the title of the box set of early stuff and outakes from the vaults .... you heard it first on hahamaybenever.cum
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            Yeah it was mid May 2008 and after the 'wobble' Ed had in 2007 he came back playing well. I was at the show and it was great although being hyper critical, Ed was sober but not quite 100% at his best and was playing better in 2012. I thought Dave was particularly good that night which is maybe why people are saying they liked the boot. Slightly annoying that he didn't go around the 'vanity' circle apart from maybe once from memory on I'll Wait or I'd be in that video a lot more, I think I only spotted us once.

Just watched the show. Roth was in solid form. Ed was in much better form there than he was in Tampa, although agreed that Ed overall played much better in 2012.

The set list for that 2007/2008 tour was pretty amazing, if I think about it. Just in terms of the amount of songs played, from each of the albums (save for Diver Down).
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              I think I may detect a little sarcasm in Wolf's tweet.
                              More like a lot. He's a bright kid with a great sense of humor.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

He goofs on those idiots on Twitter every now and then.....

I remember about 6 months ago someone was talking some shit about the band and WVH said something along the lines of "yeah, you should listen to my father play guitar, he's pretty good".....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...