X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
    VHND doesn't play (post) by their own rules. They play by VH's rules. Jeff posts what he's allowed to post. We post whatever the fuck we want to post.

WAY back in the day, when Sarge was considering whether the Army would become Dave's "official" site, he took that very scenario into consideration. After meeting with Dave, he decided not to pursue that title.

Yup....

And this place may have very well turned into the Pleasure Dome, with karma points and all...

"Personal Attacks Will Not Be Tolerated" - Actual quote from Day #1 there.....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      Yup....

And this place may have very well turned into the Pleasure Dome, with karma points and all...

Yeah, I didn't last long at the ole Pasture Dump!

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Yup....

Yeah, we'd all be banned from here by now
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

By the way, I 100% stand by my post on the Main page.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
            Head Fluffer
            • Apr 2012

Like everyone else, I have zero interest in Sam being back, but whatever. The only thing that would piss me off is if Mike came back as well. If Ed can tolerate Mike enough for a Van Hagar tour, then there's no fuckin' reason why we couldn't have had a true reunion of the original lineup.

Par for the course I suppose. Deny us a true reunion, then bring Mike back for Samburglar tour. Classic!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
              Like everyone else, I have zero interest in Sam being back, but whatever. The only thing that would piss me off is if Mike came back as well.

Bette wouldn't come back without Mike, it's that simple....

And I had heard whispers right after the '15 tour ended that Wolf was out, none of this is surprising me at all....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

We tried to respond to the story on VHND last night but they wouldn't approve any reply we put to their 'story'.

I guess the Van Helen camp could just be keeping them in the dark but there are enough people involved in this that it seems more likely that what you are getting from the VHND is the official line. They would never admit to anything until it was signed sealed and delivered contractually.

Mike Anthony said it was a rumour which is what I would have said in his place until it was all signed, he didn't say BS.

We have more details than have been put on the front page but can't say without compromising sources.

I guess it comes down to who do you trust at this point?

Comment

• katina
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2012

Nunca.

Comment

• vaijuju
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2008

Last edited by vaijuju; 11-23-2016, 02:36 PM.
                    http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• THEDOCTOR
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Mar 2009

I honestly don't care who is in or out of VH at this point. DLR's vocals live were mailed in on that last tour, as much as that pains me to say. It was nice while it lasted but I'd rather see him do the EEAS material and watch that group perform. I enjoyed the VH album, and had hoped for 1 more as it gave Dave a place to be polished.
                      Getting to see DLR play with EVH was on my bucket list, I saw it 4 times .
                      Turn the page, and I'm hoping to see EEAS band shred some live grooves....

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                        And release the fucking vaults Eddie you asshole !
                        Ed prefers to sell striped shoes and trinkets.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          Ed prefers to sell striped shoes and trinkets.
                          What's wrong with that?

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2005

So Mike and Bette's manager have both denied it so far....

But here's the thing....

In 2007, VH held their press conference only 44 days before the start of their 'reunion tour' with DLR in Charlotte....

In 2012, while rumors of the new album had been going on for about a year, it wasn't until about 45 days before their first show in Louisville that they announced the tour dates....

And finally, in 2015, VH finally gave some more advanced notice, but even that was only 3 1/2 months notice before their first show in Washington State....

The report is that they're trying for a FALL 2017 tour.... Let's assume that means a September start - That's still 10 months away....
                            Well Van Halen hasn't planned anything that far out for years. Simply bullshit. Honestly who the fuck is falling for this shit ? If it does happen it won't be planned til next summer by that logic. So that means it's not planned yet. The last thing they put an effort into was A.D.K.O.T. That took a year according to Roth.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Apr 2005

Yaaaaaaaawwwwwwnnnn !
                              Last edited by 78/84 guy; 11-23-2016, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Apr 2005

Yeah, people that think Dave is still important to a modern Van Halen at this point are nuts. Honestly who cares ? Unless there is a solid good new album ( don't count on it ) they ARE nothing more than a nostalgia act at this point. Dave seems too have zero interest in working on his vocals for a live show it seems for the last two tours. Why would I fork over $ 100 large for that ? No thanks.

Comment

Working...