Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

They will sellout 10.000 seaters? Like they did in 2004 when they had to put black blankets on the empty seats?

Only if they do a Co - headlining tour...make it 5.000 seaters. That's what KISS is drawing these days. Van Hagar won't be doing better.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Terry
      Diehard Eddie fans who will pay to see him play regardless of who is singing for the band.

Frankly, this is the only reason why I went to the RHRN tour and the VH III tour....

I mainly spent the RHRN show in the lawn arguing with Hagaritas...

And the VH III tour laughing at Cherone....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
        They will sellout 10.000 seaters? Like they did in 2004 when they had to put black blankets on the empty seats?

Only if they do a Co - headlining tour...make it 5.000 seaters. That's what KISS is drawing these days. Van Hagar won't be doing better.

Yeah, they were tarping entire upper decks in some places....

I do think it'll be closer to 10,000 than 5,000, though, due to the commercial hits (lame as they are)....

Plus, as Terry said, there are many, many music fans that will go to a Van Halen show without even knowing or caring who's singing.... Frankly, as long as Ed is there, they can have a few expensive beers and have a good time with their friends....

That won't be me if Van Bette comes to fruition, but anyway....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Well if they want to play sheds there won't be any tarps on the lawn. I can't remember a show at Blossom that was pavilion only with no lawn seats sold. They'll either paper the shit out of it (like VH last year) or just let people on the lawn into the pavilion.

Originally posted by Von Halen
          The only thing this band has left for me, is the release of at least one of the old shows. I'd much rather sit on my couch, and watch one of those shows at ear splitting volume, than go see what I saw in 2015, again. In fact, at this point, I'd choose to sit on the couch and watch my grainy, shitty sounding version of the US Festival, than I would go see what I saw in 2015, again.
          That's one thing we've overlooked...if Ed makes peace with Mike, does that put us closer to a CVH video release? Or, with Dave being out, would Ed not consider it?
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DONNIEP
            It fills my heart with Heavenly Joy to know that Ed knows him and his brother and his kid couldn't fill a Walmart without Dave or Sam up there. .
            I disagree. If the Van Halens looked back and realized where they went wrong before Dave quit and put a little effort into finding someone like Steve Marriott to front the band they might be able to resuscitate rock and roll before it's dead and buried. If they had done that back in 85 there might not be a Roth Army now.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by twonabomber
              That's one thing we've overlooked...if Ed makes peace with Mike, does that put us closer to a CVH video release? Or, with Dave being out, would Ed not consider it?
              Doubtful. I think the band's decision to release that turd of a live album they put out last year coupled with Ed's now infamous "Dave's not my friend" interview were all leading up to another tour and live album from Van Hagar. I don't think Ed ever really forgave Dave for quitting the band whether he was driven to it by Ed or not and then out rocking Van Hagar for at least one maybe two albums instead of morphing into the next KC of KC and the Sunshine band he so wanted to become.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra

Yes, but don't forget that it was well known via social media before the 2004 tour even started that Ed was in dreadful shape, just as it is well known now that Ed has been sober for quite a while now and is playing much better than he was back in 2004.

Also, KISS has been churning out a much larger number of tours over the last 20 years than Van Halen has, and Van Hagar has only toured once in the last 20 years: if KISS can still sell out 5,000 seaters with 2 scabs and Paul's voice being fucked, Van Hagar shouldn't have any problems doing the same or better with a fully functional EVH playing well along with Mike Anthony rejoining.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Did you read the post on the Main page?

I've been told Ed would like to consider doing it sooner than the Fall, but he has a lot going on with the EVH brand right now, and they would need to start booking the sheds very very soon, as a lot of these bands are now booking so far in advance, it will soon be too late to get a whole route/tour scheduled in these venues. I don't believe they are far enough along in this idea, to have started rehearsing.

I believe Van Hagar could absolutely sell 10,000 seaters for one tour. Especially in major cities. The last Van Halen tour while heavily papered in a lot of the cities, was still selling well in the most major markets. You have stated quite well in your posts, why the last tour didn't sell well in a lot of places. In fact, a lot of what you stated is exactly why I went to the show in London, Ontario (and to see Twonabomber and some crazy ass Canadians!) and skipped the show right here in my own back yard. I could have had 6th row on Ed's side, for face value the day of the show, and passed.

I'm over it. With the way they have treated us, for so long, I am fucking over it. If they could have all performed like Dave did in '07, and the rest of the band did in '15, I'd be more inclined to go to more than one show. But at this point, I don't think it is possible. As much as it pains me to say it, I truly believe it is time for Dave to move on. My vote is for him to release the John 5 album.

The only thing this band has left for me, is the release of at least one of the old shows. I'd much rather sit on my couch, and watch one of those shows at ear splitting volume, than go see what I saw in 2015, again. In fact, at this point, I'd choose to sit on the couch and watch my grainy, shitty sounding version of the US Festival, than I would go see what I saw in 2015, again.
                  Yeah, I did read it, although honestly I tend to answer by way of whatever is on my mind even if is at best tangential to the specified thread-starter post: just be thankful I tried to keep it within the general framework of the topic, since I could have as easily given a multi-paragraph dissertation as to why I prefer Fruity Pebbles to Lucky Charms.

Yeah, it would have been quite a good show to have attended, should the band have been able to match what they have done on an instrumental level in 2012-2015 to what Roth brought to the stage in 2007/2008: sadly, it looks more and more like that was Dave's Last Hurrah.

I think a Van Hagar reunion, particularly if it is a one-off tour, would sell enough tickets to make the rounds of 10,000 seater venues a viable business undertaking. A decent name opening act a la Alice Cooper on the last Crue tour would seal the deal.

I tend to think Dave would be better served moving on as well, although I'm really not anticipating any future solo endeavors from him, either: I don't think he has some kind of 'EEAS 2' release hidden up his sleeve in terms of quality. Probably closer to his last full-length solo album (which had one good track - Thug Pop), or Van Strumming or Wacky Uncle Dave's Lullabyes For Kiddies In The Style Of Van Halen than something good like The DLR Band CD.

Shit, all I would want - all I have wanted for a decade or more - is to have all those old CVH shows cleaned up and released...even though there isn't really much of a dvd market left to release them to anymore...THAT is an indication of how much time has been wasted, where the tangible formats for such a release have vanished in the amount of years Eddie has been content to put Franky Stripes on shoelaces and coffee mugs.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Shit, all I would want - all I have wanted for a decade or more - is to have all those old CVH shows cleaned up and released...even though there isn't really much of a dvd market left to release them to anymore...THAT is an indication of how much time has been wasted, where the tangible formats for such a release have vanished in the amount of years Eddie has been content to put Franky Stripes on shoelaces and coffee mugs.
                    What? Striped shoelaces? Where do I get them?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Tweet wouldn't embed.....

This is just a coincidence, I'm sure of it....

From Janie VH.....

Still so relevant to what is happening in our world "Right Now".
                      #timeless #truth #factsoflife #problems

Then a link to the "Right Now" video.....

Yeah, just a coincidence.....
                      Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 12-03-2016, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

What? Striped shoelaces? Where do I get them?
                        Right next to the authorized Red/Black/White striped limited Eddie Van Halen 5150 Converse sneaker line, reasonably priced at $700 per pair.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Right next to the authorized Red/Black/White striped limited Eddie Van Halen 5150 Converse sneaker line, reasonably priced at $700 per pair.
                          Ed still owes me a royalty check...I showed him my nike painted hightops in 84 in Vancouver. Just send me a signed guitar...thx.
                          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                            I disagree. If the Van Halens looked back and realized where they went wrong before Dave quit and put a little effort into finding someone like Steve Marriott to front the band they might be able to resuscitate rock and roll before it's dead and buried. If they had done that back in 85 there might not be a Roth Army now.
                            Steve Marriott won't be resuscitating anything, since he's been dead and buried himself since 1991. I asked Satan about it, but he refused to send him back up. Sadly he got a lot more than 30 days in that hole.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
                              Steve Marriott won't be resuscitating anything, since he's been dead and buried himself since 1991. I asked Satan about it, but he refused to send him back up. Sadly he got a lot more than 30 days in that hole.
                              That's why I said like Steve Marriott.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well... Kevin DuBrow liked to imiate Steve Marriot (among others) but he's dead too.

Steve Marriott probably wouldn't have done much good in 1985 either. He attempted a Small Faces reunion in the late 70s and a Humble Pie reunion in the 80s, and both pretty much flopped.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...