ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    Right in the middle of Mike's ass , solo!!
    I knew it !!!! You're one of them there homersexuals
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

In addition to what's already been reported, I spoke with another person with separate access to VH-land....

According to them, Van Hagar is "not a done deal yet", but "hopefully".....
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-24-2018 @ 08:16 AM
    Status
    Thanks

This is depressing news.....

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Terrible.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2022 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,468 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    In addition to what's already been reported, I spoke with another person with separate access to VH-land....

According to them, Van Hagar is "not a done deal yet", but "hopefully".....
    Pro and Cons of Van Hagar reunion

Pros
    We get the John 5 album
    We get a DLR Band or EEAS BAND reunion
    We get to torture and talk shit about Ed and Alex again
    We get to set fire to all Hagaritas

Cons
    Dave goes back to state fairs
    Van Halen ruins their legacy

I've been saying alongside Von for a few years now.... it's time to take money out of the Van Hagar fanbase now... Dave is tapped out....

Regardless, I dont give a fuck what band Dave is in.... I want the John 5 cd and to be honest, I wanna hear his solo stuff live again. Van Halen has nothing left to prove with Dave unless they bring back Michael Anthony.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

I seriously don't get why anyone would think this is depressing. Go listen to that abortion of a live album, and then tell me you're excited for yet another tour with Dave from these guys. Be honest with yourselves.

I'm sorry, but I'm much more excited to hear the John 5 album, than I am hearing Dave butcher those great songs, yet again. I truly hope this paves the way for that album to get released.

7. 3 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (12-08-2016),Terry (03-13-2017),WARF (11-22-2016)

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    I seriously don't get why anyone would think this is depressing. Go listen to that abortion of a live album, and then tell me you're excited for yet another tour with Dave from these guys. Be honest with yourselves.

I'm sorry, but I'm much more excited to hear the John 5 album, than I am hearing Dave butcher those great songs, yet again. I truly hope this paves the way for that album to get released.
    Definitive...

9. Thanked Romeo Delight for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (11-22-2016)

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

I would like another album with Dave, but I'll gladly accept the J5 album in its place.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

I think this is all a smokescreen for the fact that Spam & Mikey are really doing a tour with Barry Gibb as "The New BeeGees" Their new album, Saturday Night Cheddar will be out in February 2017

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

I was sort of hoping that Dave was just having ongoing health issues that could be resolved in the off-season and they'd tour more in the 2007 vein. I still think there is too much implosion risk here...

And a Van Hagar reunion is a guarantor of NOTHING, other than the shitty catalog of a once great degrading rock bad will come to a hockey hall near you, should enough even be interested after the 2004 debacle...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-22-2016 at 04:48 PM.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Somewhere...Jason Bonham is thinking "not again!"
    That was worth logging in for after months. That's funny ! As far as another Van Hagar reunion ? Simply N000000000000000000000000000000000000 ! Maybe Dave would get the Eat Em' band fired up again though ? Hmmmm....He better work on his voice. I'd prefer a new Van Halen Dave album if it's good. They can be the Beatles and stay home if they don't want too tour. I couldn't care less anymore either way. Enjoyed Dave kicking as on the 07/08 tour though. Still spin A.D.K.O.T. more than some of the 6 pack. But yeah if they are done big deal. Their prime is over. Even with Hag.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And release the fucking vaults Eddie you asshole !

15. Thanked 78/84 guy for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (11-22-2016)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So Mike and Bette's manager have both denied it so far....

But here's the thing....

In 2007, VH held their press conference only 44 days before the start of their 'reunion tour' with DLR in Charlotte....

In 2012, while rumors of the new album had been going on for about a year, it wasn't until about 45 days before their first show in Louisville that they announced the tour dates....

And finally, in 2015, VH finally gave some more advanced notice, but even that was only 3 1/2 months notice before their first show in Washington State....

The report is that they're trying for a FALL 2017 tour.... Let's assume that means a September start - That's still 10 months away....

17. Thanked Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

DaveTheScott (11-22-2016)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-17-2020 @ 02:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks

2017 is the year of accepting some bitter truths, kids. A bit of flotsam and jetsam in no particular order (I'm long overdue for an episode of mental diarrhea, anyway)...

(1) Trump is President. That's "HOLY SHIT..." worthy, regardless of which side of the aisle you're on or who you did or didn't vote for.
    (2) None of this shit - John 5 record, EEAS tour, Spam's return, Wolf's supergroup, Val's love child with Gordon Ramsay - is confirmed until it's confirmed. And even then, it ain't confirmed.
    (3) There is no "Van Halen Vault". It's a myth, an unconfirmed legend, right up there with mermaids, unicorns, and bipartisanship. If the only thing holding you onto this band is the chance Ed and Co. will release a secret stash of material BEFORE someone kicks the bucket, you need to re-evaluate your fucking life. Makes absolutely NO FUCKING SENSE.

That said...

(4) We love "Van Halen" more than the band loves "Van Halen". They continue to prove that to us time and time again. We choose to ignore it.
    (5) The band is a business and "giving the fans what they want" means "doing what we believe the fans will pay for" regardless of whether it's Dave, Bette, or Sherri Cherone, or that other guy from Hardline out front.
    (6) The only ones caught up in the nostalgia of returning this band to greatness is US, the long-time fans. That sparkle of hope in your eye represents revenue for tickets, t-shirts, and shitty live records. Nothing more.

THAT said...

(7) Both Dave and Ed made comments about struggling to align on being a "rock band" and on what direction they would take the band going forward. Heard this one before, don't know why 32 years later it's news again.
    (8) There have been numerous posts on here about how "the band" could choose to exploit the "Dave vs. Sammy" camps into two different revenue streams. If the Spam reunion came to pass, why would you be surprised?
    (9) As also previously observed by many rocket scientists on this site, "the band" has made no effort to engage a younger audience, refresh or reassert their image, or revitalize their fan base. They have made no effort to market themselves as the hard-partying, working man's rock legends that they portray (Dave and Wolf moving independently with social media, video blogs, etc. doesn't count, bitches). They live off of a legacy that quite honestly died in 1984 and we continue to enable it.
    (10) If you're "the business", why would you spend the money (aka take the financial risk) of trying to squeeze out a new record, a new tour with new material, etc. etc. when ALL of the previous-mentioned shit is in play AND the fans will continue to buy tickets and download the "remastered" catalogue of 30+ year-old material? If your paycheck was riding on the success of this traveling shitshow, what would you do?

You can't be mad about any of this...it's like going to 7-Eleven and being pissed because you know they're selling you a Slurpee for $3.00 that cost them $.20 to make. It's called business.

19. 2 users say thank you to DaveTheScott for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (11-22-2016),Terry (03-13-2017)

is fuckin' yer girlfriend
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 07:00 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post
    Good lord...i leave and this is what brings me back?

This should be good for this site's traffic anyways
    LOL! This!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTheScott View Post
    2017 is the year of accepting some bitter truths, kids. A bit of flotsam and jetsam in no particular order (I'm long overdue for an episode of mental diarrhea, anyway)...

(1) Trump is President. That's "HOLY SHIT..." worthy, regardless of which side of the aisle you're on or who you did or didn't vote for.
    (2) None of this shit - John 5 record, EEAS tour, Spam's return, Wolf's supergroup, Val's love child with Gordon Ramsay - is confirmed until it's confirmed. And even then, it ain't confirmed.
    (3) There is no "Van Halen Vault". It's a myth, an unconfirmed legend, right up there with mermaids, unicorns, and bipartisanship. If the only thing holding you onto this band is the chance Ed and Co. will release a secret stash of material BEFORE someone kicks the bucket, you need to re-evaluate your fucking life. Makes absolutely NO FUCKING SENSE.

That said...

(4) We love "Van Halen" more than the band loves "Van Halen". They continue to prove that to us time and time again. We choose to ignore it.
    (5) The band is a business and "giving the fans what they want" means "doing what we believe the fans will pay for" regardless of whether it's Dave, Bette, or Sherri Cherone, or that other guy from Hardline out front.
    (6) The only ones caught up in the nostalgia of returning this band to greatness is US, the long-time fans. That sparkle of hope in your eye represents revenue for tickets, t-shirts, and shitty live records. Nothing more.

THAT said...

(7) Both Dave and Ed made comments about struggling to align on being a "rock band" and on what direction they would take the band going forward. Heard this one before, don't know why 32 years later it's news again.
    (8) There have been numerous posts on here about how "the band" could choose to exploit the "Dave vs. Sammy" camps into two different revenue streams. If the Spam reunion came to pass, why would you be surprised?
    (9) As also previously observed by many rocket scientists on this site, "the band" has made no effort to engage a younger audience, refresh or reassert their image, or revitalize their fan base. They have made no effort to market themselves as the hard-partying, working man's rock legends that they portray (Dave and Wolf moving independently with social media, video blogs, etc. doesn't count, bitches). They live off of a legacy that quite honestly died in 1984 and we continue to enable it.
    (10) If you're "the business", why would you spend the money (aka take the financial risk) of trying to squeeze out a new record, a new tour with new material, etc. etc. when ALL of the previous-mentioned shit is in play AND the fans will continue to buy tickets and download the "remastered" catalogue of 30+ year-old material? If your paycheck was riding on the success of this traveling shitshow, what would you do?

You can't be mad about any of this...it's like going to 7-Eleven and being pissed because you know they're selling you a Slurpee for $3.00 that cost them $.20 to make. It's called business.
    To add, I'm praying for the EEAS tour and the John 5 record, regardless of what "the band" does going forward.

Anyone else here who's a true fan should recognize the gravity of this situation...Dave's legacy is intertwined with, but but not totally dependent on, the rise or fall of VH. In reality, the news should read "Dave's Old Band Once Again Justifies Why They're Dave's Old Band..."

And by the way...I gotta get going with some goddam posts on here. You fuckers with 50,000 posts have me both amazed and concerned, all at the same time...I'm looking at you, FORD...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Ironically, I don't spend as much time online as I used to. I've just been here since day one, so it adds up.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Don't you dare kill my dreams, goddam it. I GOT NOWHERE ELSE TO GO!!!

An-Officer-.jpg

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    Von Halen will you send me to Cabo Wabo in the front row so I can be in their next video?
    Standing with your backs to the stage?

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Last edited by Romeo Delight; 11-23-2016 at 02:19 AM.

26. Thanked Romeo Delight for this KICKASS post:

Terry (03-13-2017)

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

So Ed is already setting up the video camera to teach Sauce Sobolewsky his Bass parts?

BTW in China a sack of rice just fell over...just in case somebody cares...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk

28. 2 users say thank you to DavidLeeNatra for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (11-23-2016),Terry (03-13-2017)

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-09-2020 @ 09:46 AM
    Status
    Thanks

The report is that they're trying for a FALL 2017 tour.... Let's assume that means a September start - That's still 10 months away....
    but Dave can do things before ?

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-17-2023 @ 02:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Posted on VHND Facebook page:

Whenever Van Halen is on hiatus, rumors tend to pop up. This year has been no exception.

A new Van Halen rumor broke yesterday which states that the band is planning on touring in 2017 with Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony. We don’t have much to say about this, other than the fact that three of our tried and true sources are saying the rumor is simply not true.

Van Halen are not currently planning on touring with Sammy and Michael next year. In fact, they have not communicated with Sammy or Mike, other than the tweets Eddie and Sammy traded in January, and the casual phone conversation Alex had with Michael in May. (In fact, just yesterday, before this rumor broke, Sammy was on Eddie Trunk’s ‘Trunk Nation’ show on SiriusXM saying that he hasn’t spoken to Eddie since 2004, other than the aforementioned tweets).

We don’t want to reiterate the entire rumor or say where it came from, just because we don’t want to overly focus on false information.

As for the future of the band, even we at the Van Halen News Desk know to “never say never.” But what we can say now is that this particular rumor is false.

http://www.vhnd.com/2016/11/22/van-h...#ixzz4QpMyK5i5

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Wow ,VHND can't spell Von made it up

32. 2 users say thank you to vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (11-23-2016),ZahZoo (11-24-2016)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

VHND doesn't play (post) by their own rules. They play by VH's rules. Jeff posts what he's allowed to post. We post whatever the fuck we want to post.

WAY back in the day, when Sarge was considering whether the Army would become Dave's "official" site, he took that very scenario into consideration. After meeting with Dave, he decided not to pursue that title.

34. 3 users say thank you to Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

DONNIEP (11-23-2016),Terry (03-13-2017),vandeleur (11-23-2016)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

VHND doesn't play (post) by their own rules. They play by VH's rules. Jeff posts what he's allowed to post. We post whatever the fuck we want to post.

WAY back in the day, when Sarge was considering whether the Army would become Dave's "official" site, he took that very scenario into consideration. After meeting with Dave, he decided not to pursue that title.

Yup....

And this place may have very well turned into the Pleasure Dome, with karma points and all...

"Personal Attacks Will Not Be Tolerated" - Actual quote from Day #1 there.....

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yup....

And this place may have very well turned into the Pleasure Dome, with karma points and all...

Yeah, I didn't last long at the ole Pasture Dump!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Yup....

Yeah, we'd all be banned from here by now

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

By the way, I 100% stand by my post on the Main page.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2022 @ 12:18 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Like everyone else, I have zero interest in Sam being back, but whatever. The only thing that would piss me off is if Mike came back as well. If Ed can tolerate Mike enough for a Van Hagar tour, then there's no fuckin' reason why we couldn't have had a true reunion of the original lineup.

Par for the course I suppose. Deny us a true reunion, then bring Mike back for Samburglar tour. Classic!!

40. 2 users say thank you to chuckjitsu for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (12-08-2016),Terry (03-13-2017)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chuckjitsu View Post
    Like everyone else, I have zero interest in Sam being back, but whatever. The only thing that would piss me off is if Mike came back as well.

Bette wouldn't come back without Mike, it's that simple....

And I had heard whispers right after the '15 tour ended that Wolf was out, none of this is surprising me at all....

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

We tried to respond to the story on VHND last night but they wouldn't approve any reply we put to their 'story'.

I guess the Van Helen camp could just be keeping them in the dark but there are enough people involved in this that it seems more likely that what you are getting from the VHND is the official line. They would never admit to anything until it was signed sealed and delivered contractually.

Mike Anthony said it was a rumour which is what I would have said in his place until it was all signed, he didn't say BS.

We have more details than have been put on the front page but can't say without compromising sources.

I guess it comes down to who do you trust at this point?

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2021 @ 11:13 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Nunca.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-09-2020 @ 09:46 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Last edited by vaijuju; 11-23-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Cmama Baby....Bottoms up!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-18-2019 @ 12:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I honestly don't care who is in or out of VH at this point. DLR's vocals live were mailed in on that last tour, as much as that pains me to say. It was nice while it lasted but I'd rather see him do the EEAS material and watch that group perform. I enjoyed the VH album, and had hoped for 1 more as it gave Dave a place to be polished.
    Getting to see DLR play with EVH was on my bucket list, I saw it 4 times .
    Turn the page, and I'm hoping to see EEAS band shred some live grooves....

46. 2 users say thank you to THEDOCTOR for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (11-23-2016),Terry (03-13-2017)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 78/84 guy View Post
    And release the fucking vaults Eddie you asshole !
    Ed prefers to sell striped shoes and trinkets.

48. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Terry (03-13-2017)

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    Ed prefers to sell striped shoes and trinkets.
    What's wrong with that?

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So Mike and Bette's manager have both denied it so far....

But here's the thing....

In 2007, VH held their press conference only 44 days before the start of their 'reunion tour' with DLR in Charlotte....

In 2012, while rumors of the new album had been going on for about a year, it wasn't until about 45 days before their first show in Louisville that they announced the tour dates....

And finally, in 2015, VH finally gave some more advanced notice, but even that was only 3 1/2 months notice before their first show in Washington State....

Well Van Halen hasn't planned anything that far out for years. Simply bullshit. Honestly who the fuck is falling for this shit ? If it does happen it won't be planned til next summer by that logic. So that means it's not planned yet. The last thing they put an effort into was A.D.K.O.T. That took a year according to Roth.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yaaaaaaaawwwwwwnnnn !
    Last edited by 78/84 guy; 11-23-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, people that think Dave is still important to a modern Van Halen at this point are nuts. Honestly who cares ? Unless there is a solid good new album ( don't count on it ) they ARE nothing more than a nostalgia act at this point. Dave seems too have zero interest in working on his vocals for a live show it seems for the last two tours. Why would I fork over $ 100 large for that ? No thanks.

Thread Information