Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twonabomber View Post
    Somewhere...Jason Bonham is thinking "not again!"
    That was worth logging in for after months. That's funny ! As far as another Van Hagar reunion ? Simply N000000000000000000000000000000000000 ! Maybe Dave would get the Eat Em' band fired up again though ? Hmmmm....He better work on his voice. I'd prefer a new Van Halen Dave album if it's good. They can be the Beatles and stay home if they don't want too tour. I couldn't care less anymore either way. Enjoyed Dave kicking as on the 07/08 tour though. Still spin A.D.K.O.T. more than some of the 6 pack. But yeah if they are done big deal. Their prime is over. Even with Hag.

Comment

And release the fucking vaults Eddie you asshole !

Comment

So Mike and Bette's manager have both denied it so far....

But here's the thing....

In 2007, VH held their press conference only 44 days before the start of their 'reunion tour' with DLR in Charlotte....

In 2012, while rumors of the new album had been going on for about a year, it wasn't until about 45 days before their first show in Louisville that they announced the tour dates....

And finally, in 2015, VH finally gave some more advanced notice, but even that was only 3 1/2 months notice before their first show in Washington State....

The report is that they're trying for a FALL 2017 tour.... Let's assume that means a September start - That's still 10 months away....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

2017 is the year of accepting some bitter truths, kids. A bit of flotsam and jetsam in no particular order (I'm long overdue for an episode of mental diarrhea, anyway)...

(1) Trump is President. That's "HOLY SHIT..." worthy, regardless of which side of the aisle you're on or who you did or didn't vote for.
          (2) None of this shit - John 5 record, EEAS tour, Spam's return, Wolf's supergroup, Val's love child with Gordon Ramsay - is confirmed until it's confirmed. And even then, it ain't confirmed.
          (3) There is no "Van Halen Vault". It's a myth, an unconfirmed legend, right up there with mermaids, unicorns, and bipartisanship. If the only thing holding you onto this band is the chance Ed and Co. will release a secret stash of material BEFORE someone kicks the bucket, you need to re-evaluate your fucking life. Makes absolutely NO FUCKING SENSE.

That said...

(4) We love "Van Halen" more than the band loves "Van Halen". They continue to prove that to us time and time again. We choose to ignore it.
          (5) The band is a business and "giving the fans what they want" means "doing what we believe the fans will pay for" regardless of whether it's Dave, Bette, or Sherri Cherone, or that other guy from Hardline out front.
          (6) The only ones caught up in the nostalgia of returning this band to greatness is US, the long-time fans. That sparkle of hope in your eye represents revenue for tickets, t-shirts, and shitty live records. Nothing more.

THAT said...

(7) Both Dave and Ed made comments about struggling to align on being a "rock band" and on what direction they would take the band going forward. Heard this one before, don't know why 32 years later it's news again.
          (8) There have been numerous posts on here about how "the band" could choose to exploit the "Dave vs. Sammy" camps into two different revenue streams. If the Spam reunion came to pass, why would you be surprised?
          (9) As also previously observed by many rocket scientists on this site, "the band" has made no effort to engage a younger audience, refresh or reassert their image, or revitalize their fan base. They have made no effort to market themselves as the hard-partying, working man's rock legends that they portray (Dave and Wolf moving independently with social media, video blogs, etc. doesn't count, bitches). They live off of a legacy that quite honestly died in 1984 and we continue to enable it.
          (10) If you're "the business", why would you spend the money (aka take the financial risk) of trying to squeeze out a new record, a new tour with new material, etc. etc. when ALL of the previous-mentioned shit is in play AND the fans will continue to buy tickets and download the "remastered" catalogue of 30+ year-old material? If your paycheck was riding on the success of this traveling shitshow, what would you do?

You can't be mad about any of this...it's like going to 7-Eleven and being pissed because you know they're selling you a Slurpee for $3.00 that cost them $.20 to make. It's called business.

Comment

Originally posted by Romeo Delight View Post
            Good lord...i leave and this is what brings me back?

This should be good for this site's traffic anyways
            LOL! This!
            "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
            "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
            "Fuck you, Fluffy."
            "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
            "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
            "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
            "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
            "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
            "N--- yeah."

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTheScott View Post
              2017 is the year of accepting some bitter truths, kids. A bit of flotsam and jetsam in no particular order (I'm long overdue for an episode of mental diarrhea, anyway)...

(1) Trump is President. That's "HOLY SHIT..." worthy, regardless of which side of the aisle you're on or who you did or didn't vote for.
              (2) None of this shit - John 5 record, EEAS tour, Spam's return, Wolf's supergroup, Val's love child with Gordon Ramsay - is confirmed until it's confirmed. And even then, it ain't confirmed.
              (3) There is no "Van Halen Vault". It's a myth, an unconfirmed legend, right up there with mermaids, unicorns, and bipartisanship. If the only thing holding you onto this band is the chance Ed and Co. will release a secret stash of material BEFORE someone kicks the bucket, you need to re-evaluate your fucking life. Makes absolutely NO FUCKING SENSE.

That said...

(4) We love "Van Halen" more than the band loves "Van Halen". They continue to prove that to us time and time again. We choose to ignore it.
              (5) The band is a business and "giving the fans what they want" means "doing what we believe the fans will pay for" regardless of whether it's Dave, Bette, or Sherri Cherone, or that other guy from Hardline out front.
              (6) The only ones caught up in the nostalgia of returning this band to greatness is US, the long-time fans. That sparkle of hope in your eye represents revenue for tickets, t-shirts, and shitty live records. Nothing more.

THAT said...

(7) Both Dave and Ed made comments about struggling to align on being a "rock band" and on what direction they would take the band going forward. Heard this one before, don't know why 32 years later it's news again.
              (8) There have been numerous posts on here about how "the band" could choose to exploit the "Dave vs. Sammy" camps into two different revenue streams. If the Spam reunion came to pass, why would you be surprised?
              (9) As also previously observed by many rocket scientists on this site, "the band" has made no effort to engage a younger audience, refresh or reassert their image, or revitalize their fan base. They have made no effort to market themselves as the hard-partying, working man's rock legends that they portray (Dave and Wolf moving independently with social media, video blogs, etc. doesn't count, bitches). They live off of a legacy that quite honestly died in 1984 and we continue to enable it.
              (10) If you're "the business", why would you spend the money (aka take the financial risk) of trying to squeeze out a new record, a new tour with new material, etc. etc. when ALL of the previous-mentioned shit is in play AND the fans will continue to buy tickets and download the "remastered" catalogue of 30+ year-old material? If your paycheck was riding on the success of this traveling shitshow, what would you do?

You can't be mad about any of this...it's like going to 7-Eleven and being pissed because you know they're selling you a Slurpee for $3.00 that cost them $.20 to make. It's called business.
              To add, I'm praying for the EEAS tour and the John 5 record, regardless of what "the band" does going forward.

Anyone else here who's a true fan should recognize the gravity of this situation...Dave's legacy is intertwined with, but but not totally dependent on, the rise or fall of VH. In reality, the news should read "Dave's Old Band Once Again Justifies Why They're Dave's Old Band..."

And by the way...I gotta get going with some goddam posts on here. You fuckers with 50,000 posts have me both amazed and concerned, all at the same time...I'm looking at you, FORD...

Comment

Ironically, I don't spend as much time online as I used to. I've just been here since day one, so it adds up.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Don't you dare kill my dreams, goddam it. I GOT NOWHERE ELSE TO GO!!!

An-Officer-.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by WARF View Post
                    Von Halen will you send me to Cabo Wabo in the front row so I can be in their next video?
                    Standing with your backs to the stage?
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• https://youtu.be/x9DPwKskJe4
                      Last edited by Romeo Delight; 11-23-2016, 03:19 AM.
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• So Ed is already setting up the video camera to teach Sauce Sobolewsky his Bass parts?

BTW in China a sack of rice just fell over...just in case somebody cares...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
                          The report is that they're trying for a FALL 2017 tour.... Let's assume that means a September start - That's still 10 months away....
                          but Dave can do things before ?
                          http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Posted on VHND Facebook page:

Whenever Van Halen is on hiatus, rumors tend to pop up. This year has been no exception.

A new Van Halen rumor broke yesterday which states that the band is planning on touring in 2017 with Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony. We don’t have much to say about this, other than the fact that three of our tried and true sources are saying the rumor is simply not true.

Van Halen are not currently planning on touring with Sammy and Michael next year. In fact, they have not communicated with Sammy or Mike, other than the tweets Eddie and Sammy traded in January, and the casual phone conversation Alex had with Michael in May. (In fact, just yesterday, before this rumor broke, Sammy was on Eddie Trunk’s ‘Trunk Nation’ show on SiriusXM saying that he hasn’t spoken to Eddie since 2004, other than the aforementioned tweets).

We don’t want to reiterate the entire rumor or say where it came from, just because we don’t want to overly focus on false information.

As for the future of the band, even we at the Van Halen News Desk know to “never say never.” But what we can say now is that this particular rumor is false.

Whenever Van Halen is on hiatus, rumors tend to pop up. This year has been no exception. A new Van Halen rumor broke yesterday which states that the band is planning...

Comment

• Wow ,VHND can't spell Von made it up
                              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• VHND doesn't play (post) by their own rules. They play by VH's rules. Jeff posts what he's allowed to post. We post whatever the fuck we want to post.

WAY back in the day, when Sarge was considering whether the Army would become Dave's "official" site, he took that very scenario into consideration. After meeting with Dave, he decided not to pursue that title.

Comment

Working...
                                X