Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

It was also called V2000, or at least in Frogland.

Betamax could never have worked here, as "beta" means stupid or silly goose in Frog.

I bought Jimi plays Berkeley 20 years ago on laser disk, thinking it was a vinyl LP...
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise

Betamax could never have worked here, as "beta" means stupid or silly goose in Frog.

I never knew that. Maybe they should have checked all the major languages before naming it - I think they do nowadays with things like cars.

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Yo VA, I will only say it would be nice if you could do a direct transfer to digital from your Beta tape and upload it.

That is all.

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Heck, that youtube vid is not even full HD quality....it is only 360p.....

So a direct transfer from Beta in 480p would definitely be an upgrade....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Hardrock69
            Yo VA, I will only say it would be nice if you could do a direct transfer to digital from your Beta tape and upload it.

That is all.

You know, you're right.

Unfortunately, my initiative in matters regarding VH boots is barely negligible....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              You know, you're right.

Unfortunately, my initiative in matters regarding VH boots is barely negligible....

So put it on your "someday To Do list", lol.

Comment

Working...