• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    I still like this one:
    I'd rather see Rip Taylor front G n R than Axl.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      Considering all four of the original Ramones are now dead, if they somehow managed to tour, I doubt they would need Phil Collins on the bill to sell tickets. Though if they brought back Moon & Entwistle with them, I suppose they could tour with The Who.
      Shit, if ANY band besides Genesis needs Phil Collins on the bill to sell tickets, said band is fu-uh-UHCKED!
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Well LOL, Tix are still available in the $50-80 range....

Tempting, but I never really liked them and thought they were massively overrated assholes even in high school...

But I'll probably pony up and get massively wasted in the parking lots, then set a sheriff's car on fire!
        Yeah, but that's just it: there's no danger left in seeing a G n R show now.

No late starts or cancellations, no riots, no Axl jumping into the crowd to beat up bootleggers: none of the things that made the Illusions tour an event even beyond just the band and the music.

And G n R, to me, were never one of the all-time great live bands strictly on a musical/performance level. Not even close.

Now, they're just yet another in a long line of aging hard rock acts scraping together what they can of their best lineup and fleecing the punters with a semi-reunion tour...in this case because a Slashless G n R ain't gonna be selling out 70,000 seaters.

What was once dangerous and a bit crazed has now become tame and bland. Only jettisoning the rest of the band aside from Axl, Slash and Duff, bringing back Izzy and Adler and trying to revive that Appetite magic full-force would semi-peak my interest.

Ain't gonna happen, though: this current incarnation is plenty lucrative without Adler or Izzy's participation...or my money.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Yeah, I'm thinkin' Axl has to show up somewhat on time for stadium shows, New Era is smack dab in what is largely a suburb, with some parking lots and bars around, and the people there do not react well to concerts going into the wee hours...

Comment

• chuckjitsu
            Head Fluffer
            • Apr 2012

Basically where I'm at:

"Only jettisoning the rest of the band aside from Axl, Slash and Duff, bringing back Izzy and Adler and trying to revive that Appetite magic full-force would semi-peak my interest."

And we know this ain't happening because Stradlin' has no interest and Adler might not be physically capable. I'd have mediocre interest in seeing them as is in my local sports arena let alone a fucking stadium somewhere.

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Now Axhole is out singing fucking AC/DC songs by himself? What a fucking douchebag.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
                Basically where I'm at:

"Only jettisoning the rest of the band aside from Axl, Slash and Duff, bringing back Izzy and Adler and trying to revive that Appetite magic full-force would semi-peak my interest."

And we know this ain't happening because Stradlin' has no interest and Adler might not be physically capable. I'd have mediocre interest in seeing them as is in my local sports arena let alone a fucking stadium somewhere.
                Adler definitely isn't capable...

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Yeah, I'm thinkin' Axl has to show up somewhat on time for stadium shows, New Era is smack dab in what is largely a suburb, with some parking lots and bars around, and the people there do not react well to concerts going into the wee hours...
                  Plus, I'd have to imagine any promoter or venue owner with an ounce of sense and memory is going to make sure the contract stipulates the show starts on time and ends at a designated hour, with failure to do so and perform resulting in reductions of the guarantee to be paid for by the band/touring organization - with those stipulations designed specifically in mind of Axl's past reputation of pulling all those multi-hour appearance delays: why should a venue owner pay overtime for venue staff and security (along with after-hours noise level fines depending on the local municipal codes) because Axl decides that night he wants to go on at 11PM instead of 9PM?
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Adler definitely isn't capable...

Really?

I know the guy half-fried his noggin with too much blow, but I recall seeing him doing Night Train in a club a couple years ago on a youtube clip and I thought he sounded good.

Maybe he isn't capable of doing a full set...

Ah, well.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
                      Basically where I'm at:

I'm just anti-stadium/massive outdoor festival shows in general. I've seen enough of them, and in addition to the shitty sound I have no desire to pay $100 + a ticket to drag myself to some remote venue with 50,000 + other people ( + hotel fees, parking, airline tickets, car rental, $10 + for a 16oz. bottle of water at the venue) to piss in a Port-A-Potty and be 1/2 mile away from the band necessitating watching the event on a Jumbotron.

NO fucking artist/act/band on the planet is worth that hassle for me anymore. Even if it the "This Is The Final Tour And This Time We Might Actually Mean it" event of the season.

I'm too old for that nonsense.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...