X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DaveTheScott
    I just saw Dave at the Jack in the Box on the far end of Santa Monica, apparently getting grub on the way over to rehearsal. Hot dog and a shake for Dave, sourdough jack for Russel, I had a couple of the kangaroo tacos and some french toast sticks (all day breakfast, muthafucka!!!). I felt bad about interrupting his dinner but he had a few free minutes so we sat down together! Dave struck a yoga-like squat on the table and we talked over some fine american food.

Of course, I first asked about the failed EEAS show and what REALLY went down. He says EEAS reunion show fell apart not because of the fire marshals, but because Steve Vai refused to take the stage and they were trying to get Mick Mars or Ritchie Kotzen to fill in. Word is that now when they DO tour (sometime in 2025) Mick Mars will be on lead guitar. I had no idea that guy was even available but when you have Dave's star power you can pretty much get anything.

I asked next about VH plans, Dave says Ed and Al are all in and they're recording new material to release end of this year but they have no bass player. Wolf doesn't want to play old VH shit anymore, he's in for the Creed reunion. Mike won't tour unless they play Hagar. Hagar won't agree to the tour. Dave won't sing Hagar. Wolf says he knows a thing or two about piping in vocals and has offered to bring in his sound guy...and since Ed and Al admit they haven't had bass in their monitors since 1981, they won't give a shit either, but they're currently seeking advice from Metallica, who recorded a whole fucking album with Jason Newstead's bass part mixed down to -80...Dave promises more to follow.

I asked Dave about the vault, he says he knows of no such vault but he admits that he's been recording the band's history in tattoos and will be releasing an authorized photo book shot by Zloz, with the audio CD narrated by Morgan fucking Freeman and R. Lee Ermy. He says the tattoos will, amazingly, also include the Sammy and Gary Cherone eras. He's having the Van Halen III album done with the cannonball coming out of his asshole. That's Dave, always thinking and always creative.

Finally, I asked about the John 5 album. Dave said that believe it or not, John 5 went behind his back and sold his part of the publishing rights to Mike Anthony, leaving Dave with no creative control, so it will be up to John 5 and Mikey as to when that album will - if ever - see the light of day. Apparently, to fill the creative gap, he's working on a new motivational podcast with Tim Ferriss and also recording an album of all the other songs about various lawn furniture that have not been released to the general public. He seemed pretty proud of whatever it is he has in store for us, his loyal fans.

2025 is going to be AWESOME!
    Classic.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Coming soon... Von will have these hats up for sale at The Roth Army store...

Thanks to the guys at VHlinks for the Pre-Sale heads up...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        Coming soon... Von will have these hats up for sale at The Roth Army store...

Thanks to the guys at VHlinks for the Pre-Sale heads up...

Ugh.

If Roth leaves the band again, I'd sooner have Trump replace him than Hagar.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

HUGE can be the new "woo," "hey," or "all right!"
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
            HUGE can be the new "woo," "hey," or "all right!"
            Instead of Roth's spoken word sections on tunes like EWS and Panama, Trump will say:

"Believe me when I tell you, Donald Trump and Van Halen will make golden showers great again...strictly top notch...Van Halen is such a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful band...Trump singing with Van Halen is hugely bigly..."
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DaveTheScott
              Head Fluffer
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Terry
              Instead of Roth's spoken word sections on tunes like EWS and Panama, Trump will say:

"Believe me when I tell you, Donald Trump and Van Halen will make golden showers great again...strictly top notch...Van Halen is such a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful band...Trump singing with Van Halen is hugely bigly..."
              We joke around...but can you imagine the ego bomb with Trump and Roth on stage TOGETHER? Would suck the air completely out of the fucking room...

I'm just sayin...

picasso_trump.jpg

Comment

• kenny8
                Full On Cocktard
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Terry
                If Roth leaves the band again, I'd sooner have Trump replace him than Hagar.
                Hagar's such a rabid right winger I'm surprised he's not appearing at the inauguration

Comment

• diamondclaudio
                  Roadie
                  • Jan 2004

READ IT BOYS:
                  Van Halen rumored to reunite for album, tour in 2018 for the group's 40th anniversary that could include David Lee Roth, Michael Anthony & Sammy Hagar.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondclaudio
                    I did.

Here are the key words/phrases within the article:

"rumors"
                    "rumored"
                    "claims sources will neither confirm, deny, nor reveal themselves"
                    "claims"
                    "might take part"
                    "expected"
                    "could be a [sic] pre-curser"
                    "rumors"
                    "potentially involved"
                    "prediction"
                    "possibility"
                    "If Anthony does rejoin"
                    "prediction"
                    "could"

The takeaway I got from it: totally speculative and spun up out of thin air and imagination.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...