FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Kidding... I did worse.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,561 Times in 3,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    I don't know any of those songs
    Von Halen will sing them too you! And give you free bootlegs...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

What's up homos....

Just got back from Vegas visiting the grandkids, stayed at the Hard Rock... Fantastic rock memorabilia and photography... A few VH items, mostly Hagarita era....

This was in my first room (we had to move twice)....

The other VH items around the hotel I saw....

Anywho, on this latest rumor, here's what I don't get....

So Von reports that Van Velveeta is coming back in 2017, and the majority of people tell Von he is full of condensed horseshit....

Then this guy at the Links (who I don't know, seems like a nice guy) posts VH is coming back in 2018, and his word is treated as gospel?

Not that I'm hoping Bette returns, but what am I missing, other than most people think Von can't be trusted in the least?

4. Thanked Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

Terry (12-29-2016)

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Everyone is full of condensed horseshit until it happens.

Then it's the band or several members of choice who are full of shit, flaming homos, bitter old cunts or misplaced fatties...

Isn't life great as a Van Halen fan?

6. 2 users say thank you to DavidLeeNatra for this KICKASS post:

Terry (12-29-2016),Von Halen (12-29-2016)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeeNatra View Post
    Everyone is full of condensed horseshit until it happens.

Then it's the band or several members of choice who are full of shit, flaming homos, bitter old cunts or misplaced fatties...

Isn't life great as a Van Halen fan?
    Fortunately, what the band did between 1974 and 1984 endures to the point where all the fuckups from 1985 onward haven't lessened my enjoyment of that initial ten year period in the least; if anything, all the bullshit that has taken place over the last 30+ years makes the CVH era sound that much better.

Yeah, 1996 was a bummer. Everything from 1996 up until the present has been less of a bummer because each new snafu just reinforces the initial lesson of 1996: Van Halen fucks things up.

So, should the band reunite with Hagar next year, it isn't going to be a bummer. The reaction will be more along the lines of it only being fitting, because Van Halen fucks things up.

Should the band reunite with Anthony next year, keep Dave in the lineup, go on tour and the end result sounds like fobbed off cash grab oldies tripe topped off with shitty lead vocals because the band wasted the last 20 years getting their act together, that result will be fitting too, because Van Halen fucks things up.

I prefer to limit my interaction with the band to the first ten years, when they could virtually do no wrong and consistently knocked it out of the park. THOSE are the years worth celebrating and remembering.

8. 3 users say thank you to Terry for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (12-30-2016),DavidLeeNatra (12-30-2016),Von Halen (12-30-2016)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Other than Dave really sounding good on the 07/08 tour and most of A.D.K.O.T. being really decent I'd say that pretty much covers it Terry. I guess Ed was pretty good on the last few tours. Release the vaults and I'm fine if they do nothing new ever again. I might go see them if they came around but wouldn't miss them if I didn't.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 78/84 guy View Post
    Other than Dave really sounding good on the 07/08 tour and most of A.D.K.O.T. being really decent I'd say that pretty much covers it Terry. I guess Ed was pretty good on the last few tours. Release the vaults and I'm fine if they do nothing new ever again. I might go see them if they came around but wouldn't miss them if I didn't.

I was 10 rows back on this past tour on Ed's side, he sounded fantastic....

11. Thanked Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

Romeo Delight (12-31-2016)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Dave sounding good on the 07/08 tour, ADKOT being a good album and Ed playing well on the last two tours all agreed 1000%.

Outside of those three things, very few diamonds to be found...and those three things were all GIVENS when CVH was active: is the bar now set so low that aspects which should be taken for granted are now examples of excellence?

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Dave sounding good on the 07/08 tour, ADKOT being a good album and Ed playing well on the last two tours all agreed 1000%.

Outside of those three things, very few diamonds to be found...and those three things were all GIVENS when CVH was active: is the bar now set so low that aspects which should be taken for granted are now examples of excellence?
    I don't know. It is what it is. They are older so I don't expect them to sound like 1981. Anyone that does is simply a fool. The Stones are not as good as they were in 1974 are they ? A combo of 07/08 Dave and 12/15 Ed sure would sound better. I think a new album to go with ADKOT would be cool. If it's good. As far as touring goes I guess if they go out again once or twice so be it. People will go. The Van Halen name will draw tons of people. With or without Dave. And if the band wants to do it good for them. I'm not going to worry about or lose sleep over Van Halen or Dave ruining their legacy. Dave should work on his vocals no matter what he does tour wise and even then it's not going to be perfect. He never was live. They can do what they want. If people enjoy the product on stage or a c.d. the next few years good for them. I might be one of those people. Then again............?
    Last edited by 78/84 guy; 12-30-2016 at 06:04 PM.

14. Thanked 78/84 guy for this KICKASS post:

Terry (12-31-2016)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Release the vaults and I'm fine if they do nothing new ever again.
    Are we talking up live stuff or unreleased studio recordings? I know some of the hardcore CVH fans believe there's some unreleased studio stuff stashed away somewhere that would resurrect rock and roll but I have a hard time believing that. There might be a couple exceptional tracks that would help promote a box set but I doubt there's anything there that would convert youngsters today that listen to the sorry ass shit that passes for music nowadays. Jimmy Page has spent decades digging through Led Zep archives and hasn't come up with anything of that caliber.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I don't know about the Stones from 74 but I've seen them 1991 and again 2014...and except from cutting the show short from 2h20' to 2h15' they were as great as back then. I could say that it was even better. More relaxed, smiling and joking on stage.

And "Blue and lonesome" is one fine album. Mick is screaming and singing his ass off. Like it or not, but these fuckers play in their own league.

You rather find VH in KI$$, AC/DC or Guns and Roses land these days.

17. Thanked DavidLeeNatra for this KICKASS post:

kenny8 (01-18-2017)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    What's up homos....

Anywho, on this latest rumor, here's what I don't get....

So Von reports that Van Velveeta is coming back in 2017, and the majority of people tell Von he is full of condensed horseshit....

Then this guy at the Links (who I don't know, seems like a nice guy) posts VH is coming back in 2018, and his word is treated as gospel?

Not that I'm hoping Bette returns, but what am I missing, other than most people think Von can't be trusted in the least?
    I for one, wouldn't trust Von to babysit my dog...

While the man is utterly full of shit... he's never been some fan-boy, rumor monger who spreads bullshit to feed his attention needs. I'd figure his Van Hagar news is worthy of the thoughtful cuntsideration any news from Van Halen land deserves...

19. Thanked ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (12-31-2016)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Full of shit, but .... that's a compliment round these parts

21. Thanked vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

ZahZoo (12-31-2016)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,561 Times in 3,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    Are we talking up live stuff or unreleased studio recordings? I know some of the hardcore CVH fans believe there's some unreleased studio stuff stashed away somewhere that would resurrect rock and roll but I have a hard time believing that. There might be a couple exceptional tracks that would help promote a box set but I doubt there's anything there that would convert youngsters today that listen to the sorry ass shit that passes for music nowadays. Jimmy Page has spent decades digging through Led Zep archives and hasn't come up with anything of that caliber.
    Ten albums in a can, bitches!

That's an actual studio shot from 5150!

23. 2 users say thank you to Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (01-01-2017),DONNIEP (12-31-2016)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I don't know. It is what it is. They are older so I don't expect them to sound like 1981. Anyone that does is simply a fool. The Stones are not as good as they were in 1974 are they ? A combo of 07/08 Dave and 12/15 Ed sure would sound better. I think a new album to go with ADKOT would be cool. If it's good. As far as touring goes I guess if they go out again once or twice so be it. People will go. The Van Halen name will draw tons of people. With or without Dave. And if the band wants to do it good for them. I'm not going to worry about or lose sleep over Van Halen or Dave ruining their legacy. Dave should work on his vocals no matter what he does tour wise and even then it's not going to be perfect. He never was live. They can do what they want. If people enjoy the product on stage or a c.d. the next few years good for them. I might be one of those people. Then again............?
    Yeah...I'm not expecting them to sound as good as they did in 1981, either.

The entire band needs to sound decent enough to make it worth buying a ticket, though. I suppose because I was around when CVH was active, was able to see them live and remember them when they were at their peak, my personal standards of what I deem acceptable from them are higher than others who weren't around back then and are willing to accept what the band is doing now: I totally get that. Maybe even those who were around when CVH was active are willing to accept what the band is doing now. I get that too, if that is the case.

Personally, I don't even care about "legacies" when it comes to rock bands (or sports teams, or much else for that matter) and the broad base of rock fandom: all that matters to me is what I like. Within that context, none of Van Halen's fuckups over the last 20 years matter to me in terms of what the CVH material continues to mean to me.

Clearly, the band should do whatever they want to. If they want to keep touring and there is a demand for it, great.

What Natra in essence said was true in that it is somewhat sad that Van Halen - like KI$$ AC/DC and GnR - is now just another aging rock band without all the definitive members in the group and they're just kind of plodding along...not what they once were but unable to do anything else...just inertia, really.

I dunno...Van Halen's entire designation now is just so far removed from the qualities that made them one of my favorite rock bands EVER (and I mean RIGHT UP THERE with the Stones, Who, Zep, etc.)...it's just this weird paradox where in spite of the Van Halens and Roth being in the band and in spite of the same songs still being played it's like a different group with a different set of circumstances and goals. And I can't really offer enough rationales, explanations and excuses to motivate me to see the group anymore - what they're doing is no longer worth it to me. Does that make sense? Like, I'm at the place where I'd get more enjoyment out of popping in Largo 82 and watching that than I would seeing the band live now, because whenever I see the band live now - and even when I saw them in 08 and 2012 - the thing that strikes me the most is that they can't meet my expectations anymore.

I guess nothing stays the same.

25. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (02-17-2017)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Only the best for my friends...

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The brown badge of honor.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-17-2020 @ 02:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I just saw Dave at the Jack in the Box on the far end of Santa Monica, apparently getting grub on the way over to rehearsal. Hot dog and a shake for Dave, sourdough jack for Russel, I had a couple of the kangaroo tacos and some french toast sticks (all day breakfast, muthafucka!!!). I felt bad about interrupting his dinner but he had a few free minutes so we sat down together! Dave struck a yoga-like squat on the table and we talked over some fine american food.

Of course, I first asked about the failed EEAS show and what REALLY went down. He says EEAS reunion show fell apart not because of the fire marshals, but because Steve Vai refused to take the stage and they were trying to get Mick Mars or Ritchie Kotzen to fill in. Word is that now when they DO tour (sometime in 2025) Mick Mars will be on lead guitar. I had no idea that guy was even available but when you have Dave's star power you can pretty much get anything.

I asked next about VH plans, Dave says Ed and Al are all in and they're recording new material to release end of this year but they have no bass player. Wolf doesn't want to play old VH shit anymore, he's in for the Creed reunion. Mike won't tour unless they play Hagar. Hagar won't agree to the tour. Dave won't sing Hagar. Wolf says he knows a thing or two about piping in vocals and has offered to bring in his sound guy...and since Ed and Al admit they haven't had bass in their monitors since 1981, they won't give a shit either, but they're currently seeking advice from Metallica, who recorded a whole fucking album with Jason Newstead's bass part mixed down to -80...Dave promises more to follow.

I asked Dave about the vault, he says he knows of no such vault but he admits that he's been recording the band's history in tattoos and will be releasing an authorized photo book shot by Zloz, with the audio CD narrated by Morgan fucking Freeman and R. Lee Ermy. He says the tattoos will, amazingly, also include the Sammy and Gary Cherone eras. He's having the Van Halen III album done with the cannonball coming out of his asshole. That's Dave, always thinking and always creative.

Finally, I asked about the John 5 album. Dave said that believe it or not, John 5 went behind his back and sold his part of the publishing rights to Mike Anthony, leaving Dave with no creative control, so it will be up to John 5 and Mikey as to when that album will - if ever - see the light of day. Apparently, to fill the creative gap, he's working on a new motivational podcast with Tim Ferriss and also recording an album of all the other songs about various lawn furniture that have not been released to the general public. He seemed pretty proud of whatever it is he has in store for us, his loyal fans.

2025 is going to be AWESOME!

29. 9 users say thank you to DaveTheScott for this KICKASS post:

Angel (01-04-2017),DavidLeeNatra (01-05-2017),DONNIEP (01-05-2017),Jérôme Frenchise (01-05-2017),Seshmeister (01-15-2017),Terry (01-05-2017),VAiN (01-13-2017),vandeleur (01-05-2017),ZahZoo (01-06-2017)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTheScott View Post
    I just saw Dave at the Jack in the Box on the far end of Santa Monica, apparently getting grub on the way over to rehearsal. Hot dog and a shake for Dave, sourdough jack for Russel, I had a couple of the kangaroo tacos and some french toast sticks (all day breakfast, muthafucka!!!). I felt bad about interrupting his dinner but he had a few free minutes so we sat down together! Dave struck a yoga-like squat on the table and we talked over some fine american food.

Of course, I first asked about the failed EEAS show and what REALLY went down. He says EEAS reunion show fell apart not because of the fire marshals, but because Steve Vai refused to take the stage and they were trying to get Mick Mars or Ritchie Kotzen to fill in. Word is that now when they DO tour (sometime in 2025) Mick Mars will be on lead guitar. I had no idea that guy was even available but when you have Dave's star power you can pretty much get anything.

I asked next about VH plans, Dave says Ed and Al are all in and they're recording new material to release end of this year but they have no bass player. Wolf doesn't want to play old VH shit anymore, he's in for the Creed reunion. Mike won't tour unless they play Hagar. Hagar won't agree to the tour. Dave won't sing Hagar. Wolf says he knows a thing or two about piping in vocals and has offered to bring in his sound guy...and since Ed and Al admit they haven't had bass in their monitors since 1981, they won't give a shit either, but they're currently seeking advice from Metallica, who recorded a whole fucking album with Jason Newstead's bass part mixed down to -80...Dave promises more to follow.

I asked Dave about the vault, he says he knows of no such vault but he admits that he's been recording the band's history in tattoos and will be releasing an authorized photo book shot by Zloz, with the audio CD narrated by Morgan fucking Freeman and R. Lee Ermy. He says the tattoos will, amazingly, also include the Sammy and Gary Cherone eras. He's having the Van Halen III album done with the cannonball coming out of his asshole. That's Dave, always thinking and always creative.

Finally, I asked about the John 5 album. Dave said that believe it or not, John 5 went behind his back and sold his part of the publishing rights to Mike Anthony, leaving Dave with no creative control, so it will be up to John 5 and Mikey as to when that album will - if ever - see the light of day. Apparently, to fill the creative gap, he's working on a new motivational podcast with Tim Ferriss and also recording an album of all the other songs about various lawn furniture that have not been released to the general public. He seemed pretty proud of whatever it is he has in store for us, his loyal fans.

That's why they call it dope.

31. 2 users say thank you to cadaverdog for this KICKASS post:

78/84 guy (02-17-2017),DaveTheScott (01-15-2017)

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    08-25-2020 @ 11:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . what? . . . . . . . . . really? . . . . . . . no way!

Ahhhh . . . . The Life of a Van Halen Fan!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTheScott View Post

Classic.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Coming soon... Von will have these hats up for sale at The Roth Army store...

Thanks to the guys at VHlinks for the Pre-Sale heads up...

35. 5 users say thank you to ZahZoo for this KICKASS post:

DaveTheScott (01-15-2017),Nickdfresh (01-09-2017),Terry (01-09-2017),VAiN (01-13-2017),Von Halen (01-09-2017)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    Coming soon... Von will have these hats up for sale at The Roth Army store...

Thanks to the guys at VHlinks for the Pre-Sale heads up...

Ugh.

If Roth leaves the band again, I'd sooner have Trump replace him than Hagar.

37. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

Grit (01-12-2017)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,614 Posts

HUGE can be the new "woo," "hey," or "all right!"

39. 2 users say thank you to twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

DaveTheScott (01-15-2017),Terry (01-11-2017)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    HUGE can be the new "woo," "hey," or "all right!"
    Instead of Roth's spoken word sections on tunes like EWS and Panama, Trump will say:

"Believe me when I tell you, Donald Trump and Van Halen will make golden showers great again...strictly top notch...Van Halen is such a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful band...Trump singing with Van Halen is hugely bigly..."

41. 2 users say thank you to Terry for this KICKASS post:

DaveTheScott (01-15-2017),ZahZoo (01-14-2017)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-17-2020 @ 02:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Instead of Roth's spoken word sections on tunes like EWS and Panama, Trump will say:

"Believe me when I tell you, Donald Trump and Van Halen will make golden showers great again...strictly top notch...Van Halen is such a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful band...Trump singing with Van Halen is hugely bigly..."
    We joke around...but can you imagine the ego bomb with Trump and Roth on stage TOGETHER? Would suck the air completely out of the fucking room...

I'm just sayin...

picasso_trump.jpg

43. Thanked DaveTheScott for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (01-15-2017)

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    01-19-2020 @ 07:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    If Roth leaves the band again, I'd sooner have Trump replace him than Hagar.
    Hagar's such a rabid right winger I'm surprised he's not appearing at the inauguration

45. Thanked kenny8 for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (01-19-2017)

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 04:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondclaudio View Post
    I did.

Here are the key words/phrases within the article:

"rumors"
    "rumored"
    "claims sources will neither confirm, deny, nor reveal themselves"
    "claims"
    "might take part"
    "expected"
    "could be a [sic] pre-curser"
    "rumors"
    "potentially involved"
    "prediction"
    "possibility"
    "If Anthony does rejoin"
    "prediction"
    "could"

The takeaway I got from it: totally speculative and spun up out of thin air and imagination.

48. 3 users say thank you to Terry for this KICKASS post:

DaveTheScott (01-24-2017),Grit (01-19-2017),Nickdfresh (01-19-2017)

Thread Information