X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

R.I.P. Rick Parfitt

I thought somebody would mention late Quo guitar player's death last Xmas (at noon), but as nobody did (due to George Michael's...)...

Rick Parfitt, a founding member of Status Quo, died on Dec. 25th from a surgery wound infection on his shoulder, at the age of 68.

Parfitt was a phenomenal performer. And an inspired songwriter.
    Backwater/Just take me, one of his co-written compositions:

Status Quo is the oldest active rock band ex-aequo with the Stones (both established in 1962).
    Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 12-28-2016, 06:31 AM.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

I don't think the Quo ever took off in the US. Their loss...
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I remember they were the first act onstage at Live Aid and never really heard much about them after.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Do they know they're going to die on Christmas?

Photo from the Band Aid session in 1984. George Michael on the left, Rick Parfitt on the right.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think they must hold the world record for most ridiculous bullshit farewell tour.

Theirs was in 1984 and they continued almost immediately for another 32 years...

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I remember reading somewhere, several years ago, that Status Quo was the original "inspiration" for Spinal Tap. If so, it's great irony that the parody band was far more of a success in the US than the original was. I'm reasonably certain that "Pictures of Matchstick Men" is the only real hit Status Quo had on this side of the pond.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...