X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
    I went to the Vancouver show...prices were ridiculous...in a huge cavernous stadium - 50k plus

What was weird about teh show is that it seemed way to small for that arena...sure the screen is big, but frankly U2 isn't bringing it anymore to justify energizing that size of crowd.

What made it even stranger was Bono's bizarre comments about the venue during the show (eluding it was not suitable to his eclectic tastes).

I know that the lion's share of shows are in the US, but there were a few puzzled faces when he spoke of "This is an American adventure... invented in America" and all of the visuals as well.

I know alot of production and rehearsals are involved to change the show for other countries, but it seemed just strange is all. People around me were perplexed.

It was made all the stranger as the band, particularly Bono spends alot of time here - they rehearsed for a couple of weeks here. Anyways, a smaller venue would have been much better I am sure.
    I'd tend to think U2 would be one of the few bands who really could put on an effective show in a stadium. I mean, shit, they've been doing them for 30+ years now...and they've got more than enough anthems in their discography that would still manage to translate well even in a stadium setting. Like, even if the band's physical energy levels aren't what they used to be, just the songs themselves would still - I imagine - be enough to carry them through.

Having said all that, I'll never, ever see any band in a stadium again. Too much hassle + shit acoustics, and that's across the board for every stadium show I've ever seen. No rock acts - none of them - I've seen in a stadium setting ever sounded even remotely as good as a band in a mid-size arena.

A 1,000 capacity club is my personal ideal.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

It was made all the stranger as the band, particularly Bono spends alot of time here - they rehearsed for a couple of weeks here. Anyways, a smaller venue would have been much better I am sure.

"I'll say your name if you promise to cum on my face."

Bono spends a lot of his time sucking the dick of George Bush

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        Fair enough, I was about to start shit about their prices because I read somewhere that the UK and Ireland tickets started at $140+
        They were $35 actually but were all in the first two minutes. I went $70, which is what I wanted anyways, but with nearly $25 in Gimp assrape fees per` ticket...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy

"I'll say your name if you promise to cum on my face."

Bono spends a lot of his time sucking the dick of George Bush
          Oh my that's clever! can't afford the door-charge for open mic night?

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I went to the Vancouver show...prices were ridiculous...in a huge cavernous stadium - 50k plus

What was weird about teh show is that it seemed way to small for that arena...sure the screen is big, but frankly U2 isn't bringing it anymore to justify energizing that size of crowd.

What made it even stranger was Bono's bizarre comments about the venue during the show (eluding it was not suitable to his eclectic tastes).

I know that the lion's share of shows are in the US, but there were a few puzzled faces when he spoke of "This is an American adventure... invented in America" and all of the visuals as well.

I know alot of production and rehearsals are involved to change the show for other countries, but it seemed just strange is all. People around me were perplexed.

Saw the Popmart show in the Kingdome back in 1997. As big as that stage was, it looked tiny inside that building. Not so much during the show itself, since I was right in front of the stage. That was the last concert in that building before they blew it up a few months later of course.... saw the Stones there just a couple weeks before that. (nowhere near the stage for that one, unfortunately)
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Notice how slave FORD overlooks the FACT that Bono is now on the Bush Criminal Empire payroll?

Comment

• Etienne
                Commando
                • Aug 2010

Say what you want, Kristy. When Bono meets political celebs he's collecting money for charities or pushing projects to make the world a better place. Sounds cheesy, but makes sense.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If Bono was on the BCE payroll, Poppy would have taken his phone call....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Again, slave FORD loses due to his incoherent conspiracy bullshit

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'm not the one attempting to tie an Irish rock singer to the biggest crime syndicate of the 20th century.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

No, not at all. You've been too busy throwing your BCE monkey feces for so long to do anything else.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I never realized Bush was so short...

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah I remember reading some Chimpy campaign propaganda back in the day that said he was 6 ft tall.

Bullshit. He wouldn't be that tall even after a month of stretching on a CIA torture rack.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Even Marty Wilson-Piper gives props to how incredibly stupid and boring Jew4 are

Then he spends the rest of the vid babbling on how fucking boring he is himself
                              Last edited by Kristy; 06-20-2017, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Fucking great show. I wish Dave could sing half as well as Bono, who also had voice troubles on the previous tour...

Comment

Working...