• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
    Wow. Stay stupid, fucktard.
    I'll let you shit your pants to too much pot and electronica whalefarts®...

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

BONO: Hey Lou... what's the deal with this Kristy chick?
      LOU: Plucked her eyebrows along the way... shaved her legs and.... well you know how that goes.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Funny how all you suburban Jew2 fans think you're somehow relevant. Even you own suburbanites can't stand them

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
          U2 is a band that does a lot of right and good things, but I never came to like them. One of the bands I wouldn't want to see for free just because I don't give a shit.
          I really liked the War album. Still do.

Joshua Tree was an excellent album.

So was Achtung Baby.

After that, I can't really say any of the subsequent albums I heard were great from start to finish, and probably 10 years ago I stopped even bothering with the newer stuff altogether.

I mean, no doubt Bono is a pretentiously earnest, smug guy who thinks he has "changed the world" far more than he actually has. He HAS been willing to try and make a difference with various social/political/economic issues. I suppose I could fault him for his effectiveness with said issues, and his smarmy, self-satisfied attitude. Can't fault him for trying, though.

I do remember thinking around 1993 that U2 were probably one of the last larger-than-life rock bands that were carrying forward the tradition of that classic rock style bands like The Beatles, The Who and The Stones had established. Mostly because U2 weren't afraid to write about 'big' things (as opposed to just love/lust tunes) and there was a seriousness to what they did.

The longer U2 stuck around after the early 1990s, the less I felt that way with each passing year about their post-Achtung career. As I said, about a decade ago, I stopped giving a shit, too.

However, War, The Joshua Tree & Achtung Baby for me have among some of the better stuff ever to come out of rock music. Probably 90% of rock bands who ever existed would have sold their souls to have come up with just one of the tunes off of one of those albums, much less an entire album as good as any of those three...much less all three.

If they wanna tour The Joshua Tree now, and people want to see it, God Bless.

You don't exactly hear anyone pining for a Black Flag reunion or a new Henry Rollins tour, although I'd agree both Sting and Bono are...well, a couple of twats. Talented, but twats nonetheless. I can't disagree with Henry on that score.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by FORD

BONO: Hey Lou... what's the deal with this Kristy chick?
            LOU: Plucked her eyebrows along the way... shaved her legs and.... well you know how that goes.
            Talking of which did you hear about this story the other week?

Having a go at Lou Reed of all people on this issue - some students these days really need to get fucking get a grip...

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

God that's fucking ridiculous. Lou wrote that song about his own friends. And according to the book "Please Kill Me" - which was all about the early NYC proto-punk scene, Lou himself was dating a trans woman named "Rachel" at the time.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Funny how all you suburban Jew2 fans think you're somehow relevant. Even you own suburbanites can't stand them
                  None of them are Jews, retard...

Rollins is a bit of a mouthy straight-edge dicklick though....

I've liked him, but at least Bono can drink a beer, you homo...

BTW, Kristy you doucheknozzle, you couldn't name ONE fucking Blackfag song, you dumb fucking cumdumpster...
                  Last edited by Nickdfresh; 06-12-2017, 01:58 AM.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    BTW, Kristy you doucheknozzle, you couldn't name ONE fucking Blackfag song, you dumb fucking cumdumpster...

She should learn this one, because she's ..... "one of them"

Henry Rollins on vocals, Greg Ginn and Dez Cadena on guitar, Chuck Dukowski on bass, and Chuck Biscuits on drums - best band that (sadly) never made an official record together - due to corporate record label bullshit keeping them out of the studio.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Bought some fees with tickets included from TicketBastard...

I hope they're okay only making $47 in bullshit, er, service charges on TWO FUCKING TICKETS!!!!
                      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 06-12-2017, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

None of them are Jews, retard...
                        he Father, Son and Holy Ghost aren’t Bono’s only religious role models.

Nice try with that one, fucktard.

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

Come to think of it, that’s not surprising in the least for a group that puts its faith in Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Lou Reed, Joey Ramone, Paul Celan — and that other great Jewish rock star, Jesus Christ.
                          The Messiah hath no problem being counted among the greatest Jewish songwriters of thy modern era

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Oh Bono is a Yid Kid now! Gee, I always thought the bios stated he was into charismatic Christianity, knob. Googly-Kristy, again!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Terry
                              I really liked the War album. Still do.

Joshua Tree was an excellent album.

So was Achtung Baby.
                              I think I like the Unforgettable Fire a little better than Achtung, but a good list
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Bought some fees with tickets included from TicketBastard...

I hope they're okay only making $47 in bullshit, er, service charges on TWO FUCKING TICKETS!!!!
                                I went to the Vancouver show...prices were ridiculous...in a huge cavernous stadium - 50k plus

What was weird about teh show is that it seemed way to small for that arena...sure the screen is big, but frankly U2 isn't bringing it anymore to justify energizing that size of crowd.

What made it even stranger was Bono's bizarre comments about the venue during the show (eluding it was not suitable to his eclectic tastes).

I know that the lion's share of shows are in the US, but there were a few puzzled faces when he spoke of "This is an American adventure... invented in America" and all of the visuals as well.

I know alot of production and rehearsals are involved to change the show for other countries, but it seemed just strange is all. People around me were perplexed.

It was made all the stranger as the band, particularly Bono spends alot of time here - they rehearsed for a couple of weeks here. Anyways, a smaller venue would have been much better I am sure.
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...