X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roy Munson
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

Very sorry to hear...

He was a genius. Many people use that word too often these days. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs had nothing on this guy! Nikola Tesla would have done anything to have the intellect of hitch1969. Einstein was a mere boy in comparison.

Godspeed.
    Originally posted by ELVIS
    I guess you're right...

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Ooof!

Munson Roy Munson!

Glad to hear that rumors of your death during a mass orgy at the Republican National Convention in 2008 were somewhat exaggerated ...

Comment

• Liquid Courage
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Jul 2015

Damn - you walk away from this site for so many years and this shit goes down, hate to see people die so young.

Hitch 1969 was a classic in his own right, the HitchWAR and his tirades are timeless. Hitch RIP and while you are there take care of Full Bug as he may need ya.

Mike B

Comment

• The Mighty STR
          Roth Army Recruit
          • Jan 2004

I realize that I'm a year late on the news of Hitch's passing. Just wanted to say that back in the Slawterhouse days, he would make me laugh, piss me off, attack me personally, and get under my skin. I banned him from there and he never let me forget it. Once we all migrated to the Army, he was an out of control MF'er who I learned to stay away from. That said... I will miss his crazy ass, obnoxious rants. RIP Hitch.
          Die-hard Rothaholic. No Van Hagar... EVER!!

Comment

• Julius
            Foot Soldier
            • Jan 2004

Just heard about this today. Anyone know how he died? 47 is far too young.

I remember the early days of the Roth Army when Hitch was at his prime. His wonderfully warped sense of humor and perspective made his every post required reading. He attracted a cast of freaks and misfits like a modern day P.T. Barnum, and made the Roth Army his circus tent. I believe he once referred to it as his "Island of Broken Toys."

His Stouffer's Thanksgiving Frozen Dinner rap should be submitted to the Library of Congress for preservation.

Condolences to his friends and family.

Comment

• bluemustard
              Veteran
              • Mar 2006

RIP Hitch1969

Comment

• Sarge
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Hitch
                Still sad the guy isn't around anymore.
                ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• Phil theStalker
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Igosplut
                  Two daughters, and three sons.
                  HeEEy, Igosplut, hhow Did Hitch™ kEeP pOsTiNG aT dA rOGAiN bOReD cUnTiL joE ToOk iT DoWn iN 2018? aMMMAZING!/!
                  Add to Ignore list

Comment

• Phil theStalker
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I'm former forum host Phil the (sniff) s-Stalker! On behalf of all hitchworld1969®️ members we regret to announce the disturbing expiration of hitch©️, who on the 7th - or 8th - of February of this year (2017) was randomly stabbed by bears. This unfortunate incident occurred in an open grave at Camp Fukettoolate. The deceased was reported to have shouted, "Cripes!" just before expiring. hitchworld1969®️ is survived by a bunch of cats, who could really care less. Funeral services will be held the 3rd - or 4th - of next month. Tell flappo so he can get through the travel ban. hitch®️ was famous for once having sold his mom's house to failed comedian Joe Rogan™️ with his mom still in it. And now we pray: UH UH UH UH UH UH UH UH UH UH UH UH UH UH UH UH UH UH UH UH! AMEN!

actual obituary Denver Post
                    Add to Ignore list

Comment

• Julius
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2004

Today I went looking for Hitch’s resting spot. With not much info to go on, I parked my car on the side of the road under a tree and planned to start walking the rows until I found it. And his grave was the first thing I stumbled upon. A chill went down my spine.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

What no Franchise Playa?

Comment

• Julius
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          What no Franchise Playa?
                          I kinda expected a rotating and flashing Hitchworld1969 neon sign in place of a headstone.

Here's a better photo of the marker.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• bluemustard
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2006

one time he replied to a thread and posted a link...made my PC freeze and go crazy..awsome virus..laughed so hard..back in the day when the internet was cool..lol

Comment

• bluemustard
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by bluemustard
                              one time he replied to a thread and posted a link...made my PC freeze and go crazy..awsome virus..laughed so hard..back in the day when the internet was cool..lol
                              The screen said: You're an idiot and you could hear the audio too..was my first mayor virus ever.

ps. Blueretard will tour UK in november TBC with Ike Willes (former frontman of Frank Zappa).

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by bluemustard
                                The screen said: You're an idiot and you could hear the audio too..was my first mayor virus ever.

ps. Blueretard will tour UK in november TBC with Ike Willes (former frontman of Frank Zappa).
                                Not to derail this memorial thread but... wouldn't Frank Zappa be the only "former frontman" for Frank Zappa..?
                                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...