Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-05-2021 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

How To End Up Dead Without Really Trying

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/0...asion-charges/

MADELIA, Minn. (WCCO) — Family and friends of a teenager killed during an attempted home invasion say he didn’t deserve to die.

Nineteen-year-old Nicolas Embertson was shot early Saturday morning in rural Madelia.

Investigators said he and two other teenagers were planning to burglarize a home.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

In the UK it's likely that the shooter would get a life sentence.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    In the UK it's likely that the shooter would get a life sentence.
    It would be a heavy sentence in Michigan too. You're not allowed to shoot them if they are retreating, running away, leaving, or whatever you want to call it. At that point your life isn't considered endangered. He should have waited until they broke in, and then shot them all.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

They could have been lost and looking for someone to ask directions from. The fact they weren't isn't the point especially since it he didn't know until after he had started shooting - fucking nutter.

There was a famous case here where the guy got life because they were in his house but running away from him out the door. He only ended up serving 3 years which made both sides of the argument angry.

That one had lots of stuff on each side and covered everything, he laid in wait to trap them, but he only fired birdshot, but he fired a few times at short range, but they had broken in before, but the gun was unregistered, but he had mental health issues but he was a right wing clansman type and so on.

The real winners were talk radio phone in shows

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_(farmer)
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-01-2017 at 11:33 AM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

How To End Up Dead Without Really Trying

Again, here in Michigan it would be similar if you shot someone walking out of your house. Your life is no longer considered endangered at that point. Theoretically here, I could be sitting on my couch watching tv, and you could walk in, take the tv off the wall and walk out, and I couldn't shoot you because you displayed no threat to my life. Being a CPL holder/gun owner requires some thought process before pulling a trigger in Michigan.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    Again, here in Michigan it would be similar if you shot someone walking out of your house. Your life is no longer considered endangered at that point. Theoretically here, I could be sitting on my couch watching tv, and you could walk in, take the tv off the wall and walk out, and I couldn't shoot you because you displayed no threat to my life. Being a CPL holder/gun owner requires some thought process before pulling a trigger in Michigan.
    Fake news .... you don't watch tv

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

You're not allowed to shoot them if they are retreating, running away, leaving, or whatever you want to call it. At that point your life isn't considered endangered. He should have waited until they broke in, and then shot them all.
    Pretty sure it's the same here.

Not sure if this guy has been charged. This was from November. The Plain Dealer is notoriously anti-gun and won't post a follow up story, especially if the shooter gets off.

Cleveland man shoots, kills home invasion suspect

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- A 68-year-old man shot and killed one of two home invasion suspects who broke into his home late Sunday.

A man died in the shooting, but police and the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner have not released any information on the man who died. The medical examiner confirmed the man died but will wait to release his name until his family is notified.

The shooting happened about 8:30 p.m. Sunday at the 68-year-old man's home in the 2200 block of East 38th Street.

The man told police he was in bed when he heard two loud noises that sounded like someone was breaking into his home, police reports say.

He went downstairs with his gun and saw two men standing in his kitchen. Both men started to charge at him, according to police.

The man told police he screamed and fired two shots, then ran upstairs and called 911.

Police found a man dead with a gunshot wound to his head in the backyard of the home, near the steps leading to a backdoor, according to police reports.

He was pronounced dead by medics about 9 p.m.

The 68-year-old man was not injured during the incident, according to police.

Police have not said if anyone was arrested in connection with the incident.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...kills_hom.html

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-21-2023 @ 08:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

There's no excuse for shooting someone unless you think your life is in danger or the life of someone else. Although I probably wouldn't hesitate to shoot someone if the killed one of my dogs without good reason. Then again I saw LAPD shoot a guy in the back that was running away from them after stealing a Corvette and crashing it after a short chase. He had his hands in the air while he was running. Never heard if the cops were charged with a crime or not.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I was at the match once and all hell broke loose, this police dog growled at me and the police officer told me to calm down.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    I was at the match once and all hell broke loose, this police dog growled at me and the police officer told me to calm down.
    I was trying to get back on the freeway after dropping off a friend on my way home from a Dodgers game. The on ramp was closed so I turned down the street before hoping it would take me to the next on ramp. It was a dead end. After I turned around I saw a bunch of people in the street I hadn't seen going the other way. I wasn't taking any chances on getting car jacked so I floored it hoping the people would see I wasn't going to stop and get out of my way. They did but an unmarked cop car pulled out in front of me towards the end of the street. I slammed on the brakes just in time. They drew their weapons and made me get out and lay on the ground while they cuffed me. They played good cop bad cop accusing me of trying to ram their car but the skid marks told a different story. Flat spotted a new set of tires. They eventually let me go after convincing them I wasn't there to buy drugs but they were dicks about it the whole time.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-27-2024 @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    It would be a heavy sentence in Michigan too. You're not allowed to shoot them if they are retreating, running away, leaving, or whatever you want to call it. At that point your life isn't considered endangered. He should have waited until they broke in, and then shot them all.
    In general you can only use deadly force if the situation is life threatening.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Around where I live we have had quite a few bear attacks. The Forrest Service advises to carry bear spray if you are going 100 yards off a main road. I used to pack a 44 magnum in bear country but I've seen bears take hits from high powered rifles and charge 20 yards before they drop. A 44 magnum is a pea shooter and heavy but in those days they didn't have bear spray. From what I have read the bear spray works pretty good. Now if the stuff works on a bear it's got to work pretty good on a human being. If you don't want the responsibility of owning a firearm well, bear spray might be a good option. For home protection get the big bottle of it.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Around where I live we have had quite a few bear attacks. The Forrest Service advises to carry bear spray if you are going 100 yards off a main road. I used to pack a 44 magnum in bear country but I've seen bears take hits from high powered rifles and charge 20 yards before they drop. A 44 magnum is a pea shooter and heavy but in those days they didn't have bear spray. From what I have read the bear spray works pretty good. Now if the stuff works on a bear it's got to work pretty good on a human being. If you don't want the responsibility of owning a firearm well, bear spray might be a good option. For home protection get the big bottle of it.
    Like ISIS and refugees the bear thing is just another myth for Americans to be frightened of.

Or for the gun makers to sell to.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6910d164cf61

http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/jackso...a3937b380.html

Yeah sure. Where I live we can't put out bird seed because it attracts bears. We have special bear poof garbage cans. The city dump is surrounded by electric fencing to keep the bears out. Sometimes we have bear warnings posted in our subdivision. We have had several attacks around here. Now if you want to put that as a statistic up against the US population then sure it looks small but when you hike in bear country to take your precautions.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-01-2017 at 08:28 PM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You think cows are bad then going to bed is dangerous as fuck.

For every person in the US killed by a a bear 600 die from falling out of bed.

http://content.time.com/time/magazin...562978,00.html

Expect an executive order from the Orange Oligarch soon lowering the height of all beds...
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-01-2017 at 11:44 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You think cows are bad then going to bed is dangerous as fuck.

For every person in the US killed by a a bear 600 die from falling out of bed.

http://content.time.com/time/magazin...562978,00.html

Expect an executive order from the Orange Oligarch soon lowering the height of all beds...
    Look. Most people don't hike where bears are. I do. I've lived in the rocky mountains most my life. A friend of mine got attacked by a bear bow hunting. Around here if you go in certain areas without making some noise and having some bear spray on you, you are stupid. I came across a bedded down bear two years ago. He scared the shit out of me and I scared the shit out of him. He ran off. If it was a mother with some cubs well then she probably would have attacked me. Quote your stats all you want. You don't live here. Most people who swim in the ocean don't get attacked by sharks either but if you are in shark infested waters then you might want to use some caution. Camp out around here with some food in your tent and see what will happen. See what the smell of those cookies will bring in. Oh no. Bear attacks are a low statistic. Yeah I will keep food in my tent instead of hanging it up away from the camp.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,285 Times in 4,714 Posts

I've seen bears on a hike before. A mama & her cub. They were off in the distance, and I wasn't between her and the kid, so I wasn't too concerned about it. The pile of cougar shit that I saw on the same trail was slightly more concerning, but I never actually saw the big kitty.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I've hunted cougars. You sit back to back with someone when you blow the call. One guy called a cougar in and it came up behind him and attacked him. I had a black bear with two cubs up the river from me when I was fly fishing and they were between me and my car and the sun was setting. I waited a while but I'm in the dark hoping that bear moved on.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I hunted a dragon once, a good six hours of battle, twice as many cans of Stella.
    But I went for it.
    Fuck I used to love Skyrim

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I've hunted cougars. You sit back to back with someone when you blow the call. One guy called a cougar in and it came up behind him and attacked him.
    I've drank in bars like that too.

21. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Nitro Express (02-04-2017)

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I've drank in bars like that too.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Like ISIS and refugees the bear thing is just another myth for Americans to be frightened of.

Or for the gun makers to sell to.

There's just one problem with your statistics: bears can't read. Seriously, anybody who thinks it's a good idea to wander around defenseless in bear country should be a tour guide in Syria.

24. Thanked DONNIEP for this KICKASS post:

Nitro Express (02-04-2017)

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 06:54 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Bees, wasps and hornets?

Barry Gibb, Blackie Lawless and niggaz from Charlotte are not amused.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 Times in 3,450 Posts

Look. Most people don't hike where bears are. I do. I've lived in the rocky mountains most my life. A friend of mine got attacked by a bear bow hunting. Around here if you go in certain areas without making some noise and having some bear spray on you, you are stupid. I came across a bedded down bear two years ago. He scared the shit out of me and I scared the shit out of him. He ran off. If it was a mother with some cubs well then she probably would have attacked me. Quote your stats all you want. You don't live here. Most people who swim in the ocean don't get attacked by sharks either but if you are in shark infested waters then you might want to use some caution. Camp out around here with some food in your tent and see what will happen. See what the smell of those cookies will bring in. Oh no. Bear attacks are a low statistic. Yeah I will keep food in my tent instead of hanging it up away from the camp.
    Big fucking deal, Higgens. I almost ran into a motherfucking cow at 55mph because the local scumbag dairy farm just let them wander...

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Must be nice to be such a bad ass such as yourself. If someone says something you don't like you fuck em up. You don't fear wild animals or terrorists but you fear Donald Trump. Chuck Norris ain't got shit on you.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Big fucking deal, Higgens. I almost ran into a motherfucking cow at 55mph because the local scumbag dairy farm just let them wander...
    Hitting a cow could do a lot of damage to a car or a truck but you'd probably be OK. Unless the car was rear engined or low slung like a Vette or a Ferrari. Hitting a horse or any other long legged critters is a different story.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    Hitting a cow could do a lot of damage to a car or a truck but you'd probably be OK. Unless the car was rear engined or low slung like a CheVette or a Ferrari. Hitting a horse or any other long legged critters is a different story.
    Fixed it for you.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fixed it for you.
    Unless it was going downhill most Chevettes couldn't go fast enough to do much damage to itself or the cow.
    People make fun of Pintos but compared to Vegas and most other American made compacts they were great cars. Didn't seem like we could build a decent compact or mini truck back then. They had more power, took more abuse and were much more reliable. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a V8 Monza though. The hatchback not the Town Car.
    Last edited by cadaverdog; 02-02-2017 at 04:32 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hitting a cow could do a lot of damage to a car or a truck but you'd probably be OK. Unless the car was rear engined or low slung like a Vette or a Ferrari. Hitting a horse or any other long legged critters is a different story.
    You never know. I could have been eating raw ribs in the driver seat!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Unless it was going downhill most Chevettes couldn't go fast enough to do much damage to itself or the cow.
    People make fun of Pintos but compared to Vegas and most other American made compacts they were great cars. Didn't seem like we could build a decent compact or mini truck back then. They had more power, took more abuse and were much more reliable. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a V8 Monza though. The hatchback not the Town Car.
    I put a 350 in mine!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I put a 350 in mine!
    Pinto, Chevette, Vega or Monza?

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    The pile of cougar shit that I saw on the same trail was slightly more concerning, but I never actually saw the big kitty.
    I got my Blazer stuck in the mud up to the frame. 3 full size trucks couldn't pull it out. Borrowed a 5 ton truck and came back to get it at 2 in the morning. Something attacked a bird on the other side of the dried up lake and freaked the guy I brought with out so bad he started driving away without me. Got him calmed down, pulled out the Blazer and headed home. We stopped at the top of the dam and I shined one of my KC's on it. It was a huge cat of some kind. It looked like it was black.Talked to the ranger on the way out and he said several exotic cats escaped from Tippi Hedren's wild cat rescue a few years before and had been spotted in the area before. A black panther was among them.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I put a 350 in mine!
    In High School I had a '71 Camaro and got drunk one night and hit a parked '67 Impala head on. The 350 in the Camaro was a good engine, so I bought a Vega and put it in that. I narrowed a 12 bolt, got a turbo 400, and that motherfucker flew. My Dad had built hot rods, and he went for one ride in that car and that was it. He said he was never getting in it again, and he didn't. That was probably the most fun car I've ever owned.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

I had a Chevette. Drove it hard, tried to kill it. Saw it at a little lot a couple years after I got rid of it, funny that it still was running.

My brother had a Monza with a 350 in it. Can't remember if he wrecked it or not.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    I had a Chevette. Drove it hard, tried to kill it. Saw it at a little lot a couple years after I got rid of it, funny that it still was running.

My brother had a Monza with a 350 in it. Can't remember if he wrecked it or not.
    My dad was a Chevy salesman in the 70s. He sold my brother a brand new Chevette in 76. He drove the wheels off it about 5 years before it took a shit. I bought one for a couple hundred bucks and drove the piss out of it for a couple years. I sold it to a buddy who didn't have a lot of experience driving a stick. It jumped time about a month later and ended up in the junk yard.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    The pile of cougar shit that I saw on the same trail was slightly more concerning, but I never actually saw the big kitty.
    I've drank in bars like that.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-05-2021 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

http://www.wtsp.com/news/crime/homeo...hter/394920745

Pettersen was also questioned by detectives, and told them he was in bed when he heard someone attempting to open a door. He looked out his bedroom window, which overlooks the deck, and saw somebody walk by. Pettersen maintains that he confronted the individual, who ran and jumped off the deck. Pettersen says he ran to the front of the house, where he saw the getaway car parked and the injured suspect crawling towards it. At that point, the homeowner says he retrieved his pistol, exited the house through the attached garage and fired two to three times at the burglars' vehicle as it drove past him.

-----------------------------------------------------------

just another misunderstood teen...............

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It a damn shame you must lie awake in bed each night terrified that someone is going to break into your trailer.

41. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (02-03-2017)

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It a damn shame you must lie awake in bed each night terrified that someone is going to break into your trailer.
    We can't all be fearless like you Rambo.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Every time a black alleged criminal gets shot by a white person he posts it, so after a year or two, I think I can comment.

If he posted every time a farmer was squashed by a cow then that would be tiresome too...

Thread Information