X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    You think cows are bad then going to bed is dangerous as fuck.

For every person in the US killed by a a bear 600 die from falling out of bed.

We worry too much about overhyped threats, and ignore the things that really put us at risk

Expect an executive order from the Orange Oligarch soon lowering the height of all beds...
    Look. Most people don't hike where bears are. I do. I've lived in the rocky mountains most my life. A friend of mine got attacked by a bear bow hunting. Around here if you go in certain areas without making some noise and having some bear spray on you, you are stupid. I came across a bedded down bear two years ago. He scared the shit out of me and I scared the shit out of him. He ran off. If it was a mother with some cubs well then she probably would have attacked me. Quote your stats all you want. You don't live here. Most people who swim in the ocean don't get attacked by sharks either but if you are in shark infested waters then you might want to use some caution. Camp out around here with some food in your tent and see what will happen. See what the smell of those cookies will bring in. Oh no. Bear attacks are a low statistic. Yeah I will keep food in my tent instead of hanging it up away from the camp.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I've seen bears on a hike before. A mama & her cub. They were off in the distance, and I wasn't between her and the kid, so I wasn't too concerned about it. The pile of cougar shit that I saw on the same trail was slightly more concerning, but I never actually saw the big kitty.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

I've hunted cougars. You sit back to back with someone when you blow the call. One guy called a cougar in and it came up behind him and attacked him. I had a black bear with two cubs up the river from me when I was fly fishing and they were between me and my car and the sun was setting. I waited a while but I'm in the dark hoping that bear moved on.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

I hunted a dragon once, a good six hours of battle, twice as many cans of Stella.
          But I went for it.
          Fuck I used to love Skyrim
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            I've hunted cougars. You sit back to back with someone when you blow the call. One guy called a cougar in and it came up behind him and attacked him.
            I've drank in bars like that too.

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

I've drank in bars like that too.
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Like ISIS and refugees the bear thing is just another myth for Americans to be frightened of.

Or for the gun makers to sell to.

There's just one problem with your statistics: bears can't read. Seriously, anybody who thinks it's a good idea to wander around defenseless in bear country should be a tour guide in Syria.
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Vony
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Apr 2014

Bees, wasps and hornets?

Barry Gibb, Blackie Lawless and niggaz from Charlotte are not amused.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    Look. Most people don't hike where bears are. I do. I've lived in the rocky mountains most my life. A friend of mine got attacked by a bear bow hunting. Around here if you go in certain areas without making some noise and having some bear spray on you, you are stupid. I came across a bedded down bear two years ago. He scared the shit out of me and I scared the shit out of him. He ran off. If it was a mother with some cubs well then she probably would have attacked me. Quote your stats all you want. You don't live here. Most people who swim in the ocean don't get attacked by sharks either but if you are in shark infested waters then you might want to use some caution. Camp out around here with some food in your tent and see what will happen. See what the smell of those cookies will bring in. Oh no. Bear attacks are a low statistic. Yeah I will keep food in my tent instead of hanging it up away from the camp.
                    Big fucking deal, Higgens. I almost ran into a motherfucking cow at 55mph because the local scumbag dairy farm just let them wander...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

Like ISIS and refugees the bear thing is just another myth for Americans to be frightened of.
                      Must be nice to be such a bad ass such as yourself. If someone says something you don't like you fuck em up. You don't fear wild animals or terrorists but you fear Donald Trump. Chuck Norris ain't got shit on you.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        Big fucking deal, Higgens. I almost ran into a motherfucking cow at 55mph because the local scumbag dairy farm just let them wander...
                        Hitting a cow could do a lot of damage to a car or a truck but you'd probably be OK. Unless the car was rear engined or low slung like a Vette or a Ferrari. Hitting a horse or any other long legged critters is a different story.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                          Hitting a cow could do a lot of damage to a car or a truck but you'd probably be OK. Unless the car was rear engined or low slung like a CheVette or a Ferrari. Hitting a horse or any other long legged critters is a different story.
                          Fixed it for you.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Von Halen
                            Fixed it for you.
                            Unless it was going downhill most Chevettes couldn't go fast enough to do much damage to itself or the cow.
                            People make fun of Pintos but compared to Vegas and most other American made compacts they were great cars. Didn't seem like we could build a decent compact or mini truck back then. They had more power, took more abuse and were much more reliable. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a V8 Monza though. The hatchback not the Town Car.
                            Last edited by cadaverdog; 02-02-2017, 05:32 PM.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Hitting a cow could do a lot of damage to a car or a truck but you'd probably be OK. Unless the car was rear engined or low slung like a Vette or a Ferrari. Hitting a horse or any other long legged critters is a different story.
                              You never know. I could have been eating raw ribs in the driver seat!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Unless it was going downhill most Chevettes couldn't go fast enough to do much damage to itself or the cow.
                                People make fun of Pintos but compared to Vegas and most other American made compacts they were great cars. Didn't seem like we could build a decent compact or mini truck back then. They had more power, took more abuse and were much more reliable. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a V8 Monza though. The hatchback not the Town Car.
                                I put a 350 in mine!

Comment

Working...