Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bru87tr
    Commando
    • Apr 2004

ed always wants to prove to dave his guitar can equal his vocals.

Daves Vocals= cool

sammy vocals= cat getting hit by car

opposites attract and evryone knows that. the coolest friends I have had are assholes and totally opposite of me but it makes for a really cool night out!
    "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• Dan
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Amen.
      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• scottydabodi
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Sammy = Pussyass.

DAVE = ROCKSTAR.

Ed = Pussyass former-Rockstar

Alex = Dumbass

Mikey = Head-up-the-Ass.
        If you listen to fools
        The Mob Rules

Comment

• Ifyouseekay

Come on Sarge, Gimmie A Break

It's time to put an end to all the this reunion crap and see things for what they are. A blessing in disguise.

Classic Van Halen means as much to me as any other fan, but I knew years ago the only way to make sure it stayed that way in my heart is to cherish what it was. I've never seen the band live since 1984, and fully intend to keep it like that. Dave or no Dave. I've never heard Sammy Hagar sing a David Lee Roth song. On purpose.

Dave, I've seen him 13 times. He's my main man. I've stuck to him like glue every diay for the past 2 decades. He is one awesome fucking human being, the rock star is just the bonus. All icing on the beefcake.

So lets truly honor him for being intelligent enough to see that preserving everyting Classic Van Halen is was and always will be
          to the world in which we know it was more important to him than
          reliving the limelight wiht 10,000 of his closest friends and a gizzilion dollars he would have made.

It's not gonna happen.

BLOW THE TORCH!!!
          ABORT THE MISSION

CUT THE CORD ALREADY.

Comment

• bostonaussie
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Nov 2004

how cool is dave !!!!

just gootttaa say man thats fucking cool what dave is doing to help@ people out man...it takes a fucking lot of balls to do what he is doing. I used to be an emergency serviceperson myself and it aint easy. Dave ought to be congratulated for that shit dude. what do you guys think ????

Comment

• Wolverine

dave has too be in charge...thats the secret of the real van halen!!

Comment

• variacEL34
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Jan 2005

I think you are asking for something that will never happen.
                Being in a band is like being married. Its a marriage of time and creative influence. If you dont like one another how can you create anything together?

Would you be happier if Van Halen changed the bands name to Ratt Salade? Do you think that Warner Bros. Would honor a contract to this newly titled band?

Why are you blaming Sammy?

If Van Halen or any of the original members were to pass away, what would you think then?

Comment

• Cathedral
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Some of the best love making comes after a fight, same goes for the original VH.
                  It was their differences that made their creations magical and timeless...Van Hagar was simply, Less.

Comment

• SweetSecrets
                    Sniper
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                    Some of the best love making comes after a fight, same goes for the original VH.
                    It was their differences that made their creations magical and timeless...Van Hagar was simply, Less.
                    They did bicker like a married couple! If only their reunion was as simple as marriage counseling!

My question is, why would Eddie run off and cheat with Spammy? I guess, because Spammy wouldn't bitch back when Eddie got out the handcuffs and said, "Time to Suck!"
                    Baby Pana due April 28th!

I love Daddy Panamark! :0

Comment

• Cathedral
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Well, they say everyone has a talent, Spammy's just happens to be sucking.

He trained Edward very well also.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Hagar and Van Halen just don't have a chemistry that interests me.

Roth took a powder in 1985. Hagar signed on with Van Halen. Have no qualms about Hagar doing so. Wasn't like Ed and Al were gonna fold up the tent and pack it in after Dave split. Have some problems with them keeping the name Van Halen, because what CVH and what Van Hagar each represent is dissimilar enough to warrant such a change. Kinda smacks of a combination of surface ego and inner cowardice on the part of the brothers and Hagar: they want to imply that Roth was expendable, Ed is the center of the group and nothing has changed, but they also got the benefit of keeping a brand name. A certain amount of the initial Van Hagar sales were brought in on band name recognition alone. By doing so, they invited comparisons between the lineups.

Someone earlier mentioned we should be glad Van Hagar went on tour last year rather than Ed and Al having retired. Well, for many of us here, Van Halen without Dave just didn't cut it. Just the way it goes. Someone's able to dig Van Halen regardless of who is fronting the band, whatever. Guess that person has a wider range of stuff put out under the name Van Halen to listen to. Never dismissed Van Halen after Roth left until I heard what the band was doing with Hagar; not my bag. Didn't do it for me. Subsequently, ain't gonna make any difference to me if Van Hagar went out on the road last year playing a bunch of tunes I didn't give a shit about in the first place. That's nothing to be grateful for in my book. Neither is hearing Hagar doing classic stuff. The guy puts no effort into it, it's apparent he'd just as soon not do any of it, probably because the classic material always gets the loudest response in Van Hagar shows, going back to the 5150 tour.

15 minute EVH guitar solo? Sorry. Been there, seen it in 1984, and it was overlong even back then, and I play the same instrument he does.

Finally, the Van Halens own attitude to their own back catalog spills over to their classic fanbase. They fail to realize that what they did with Roth meant a lot to a lot of people, hence the "wet dreams" so many of us here have about those guys getting back together again. It's a real "fuck you if you don't like what we're doing without Dave" approach that rounded up a lot of ill will, which eventually began to boomerang back on them.

Hagar bashing Roth while becoming an overmerchandised self-promotion to middle-of-the-road 'rock and roll' tedium is more comical than anything else. Mike Anthony is as close to irrelevant as anyone who passed through Van Halen could be, and the brothers just don't get it; they're no longer special. Van Halen went the way of Aerosmith for me a long time ago - softened former hard rock icons who like to play it safe while alluding to the days when they set the world on fire. Too much emphasis on top-forty singles airplay and half-assed self-parodying of their own former hard-edged glory.

Got no use for Van Halen other than a Zep-style live classic DVD, and that lack of use extends to the band getting back together with Dave.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Jurak
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by bru87tr
                          go home homo..... i aint reading all that shit you wrote. I have better things to do. beating up on a spammy fan that fights is more fun. your opinions are unheard. keep comming to the DLRArmy and support the best site on the net.

still..... i think your lost and the links is at www.smv3752isahomo.com

I dont get why anyone would like a frontwoman like spammy who likes to wear girl cloths and shoes and cant stop eating. that dude has one big fat belly. an embarrassment.

show me a skinny pic of spam and I will admit im wrong.

fucking butt pirate!

roflmao
                          "Hear that O.F.? If old school Army gals with solid track records of contribution choose to bless us with their tits, ass, vagina, or just sexy eye shots, leave them be (at least until I've had a chance to rub one out)..."
                          That is all.
                          Icon.

"we've always known that van hagar fans are the stupidest people on the planet but my god! "

Comment

Working...